*bump* I hope we'll get more lessons soon! Also, this topic is now in the new Casio subforum.
Yes, I agree, I do hope we get more lessons. Seeing as it's December, and the last post was written in March. Very Happy
graphmastur wrote:
Yes, I agree, I do hope we get more lessons. Seeing as it's December, and the last post was written in March. Very Happy
Why the necropost, graphmastur? Do you have a personal interest in some SH3 ASM coding, or are you just poking the topic to see what comes of it? Smile
KermMartian wrote:
graphmastur wrote:
Why the necropost, graphmastur? Do you have a personal interest in some SH3 ASM coding, or are you just poking the topic to see what comes of it? Smile

Since I have a prizm now, I'd like to learn SH3.
Fair enough, that seems like it would be a good challenge. I'd recommend you not get lost in SH3 if it's gets frustrating though and set aside your Prizm, or at least parallelize working on ASM and C. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Fair enough, that seems like it would be a good challenge. I'd recommend you not get lost in SH3 if it's gets frustrating though and set aside your Prizm, or at least parallelize working on ASM and C. Smile

Of course, of course. As I posted in the "happy holidays" topic, I'm trying to get the compiler to set up.
graphmastur wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Of course, of course. As I posted in the "happy holidays" topic, I'm trying to get the compiler to set up.
You're having difficulties with the PrizmSDK? Shock It's just about the easiest thing ever!
KermMartian wrote:
graphmastur wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

You're having difficulties with the PrizmSDK? Shock It's just about the easiest thing ever!

Mac: Where everything "just works"

No, I set up a cross compiler on my mac. I'm also almost done with setting up a VM so I can do things such as analyze the Prizm's USB controls, etc.
Anyone tried to fix the OS, optimize it?
Eiyeron wrote:

The Prizm's OS? Not that I know of. I don't think we know enough to do that yet. I believe we have a copy of the OS somewhere.
Oh, I just miswirte in the wrong subject.. Excuse-me..
graphmastur wrote:
Eiyeron wrote:

The Prizm's OS? Not that I know of. I don't think we know enough to do that yet. I believe we have a copy of the OS somewhere.
We have the OS binary, but reverse engineering it into something modifiable would be a massive undertaking, orders of magnitude worse than the TI OSes. Not to mention that we don't know how to self-sign OSes yet, as far as I know.
KermMartian wrote:
We have the OS binary, but reverse engineering it into something modifiable would be a massive undertaking, orders of magnitude worse than the TI OSes. Not to mention that we don't know how to self-sign OSes yet, as far as I know.

AFAIK, the Prizm OS does not have to be signed. On legacy models you only have to update the 32-bit OS checksum if you modify stuff.
cfxm wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

AFAIK, the Prizm OS does not have to be signed. On legacy models you only have to update the 32-bit OS checksum if you modify stuff.
Hmm, good to know, thanks for that. Does that mean that add-ins have more security than the OS itself, or do you count that as a sort of checksum as well?
Quote:
Hmm, good to know, thanks for that. Does that mean that add-ins have more security than the OS itself, or do you count that as a sort of checksum as well?

Maybe they added a few more checks in the Prizm OS, but software signing isn't Casio's policy. On legacy models add-ins don't have a checksum at all...
cfxm wrote:
Quote:

Maybe they added a few more checks with the Prizm, but software signing isn't Casio's policy. On legacy models add-ins did not have a checksum at all...

I'm guessing that they have any type of checksum now and didn't before is because there's no official SDK for the Prizm for making add-ins, so they just added it in for some small security or validity checking.

EDIT: as for probably not needing a signature for signing OSes, that sounds cool Smile one less step to loading different OSes! (still, though, I imagine that's only one of many steps needed before that goal)
Hum... Kristaba said that Addins on Fxes were lauched with the same security level than the OS...
If we want, we could make a bootstrapper. Kris made one for FXes. I'll ask him if we could adapt his works easily for CGes...
Eiyeron wrote:
Hum... Kristaba said that Addins on Fxes were lauched with the same security level than the OS...
If we want, we could make a bootstrapper. Kris made one for FXes. I'll ask him if we could adapt his works easily for CGes...

Same security level? By that, do you mean privilege ring? Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure the prizm runs it add-ins in user mode, while only the inner OS gets privileged mode access.
Ashbad wrote:
Eiyeron wrote:

Same security level? By that, do you mean privilege ring? Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure the prizm runs it add-ins in user mode, while only the inner OS gets privileged mode access.
I think add-ins run in privileged mode, but it has probably not been confirmed.
JosJuice wrote:
Ashbad wrote:
Eiyeron wrote:

I think add-ins run in privileged mode, but it has probably not been confirmed.

Oh, really? I thought it was pretty much confirmed with the opposite. This could prove quite useful with further cracking I would imagine, and as an extension, aid shells by allowing them to set user mode on the programs they would be running.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours