I have explored the current version of FreeBuild. and listed all the glitches (and other stuff )I could find.

Glitches:
- When you delete a vehicle with a player driving it, the player's feet will be on the same position as in the vehicle
- When you die, the camera goes there where you will spawn, not there where you died
- Shadows go through bricks
- You cannot fire a weapon immediately when equipping it
- You can stick your head through everything
- Bricks do not rotate right
- Any item you're holding disappears when you look down or up
- Bricks go invisible if they are scaled too big
- Players turn gray when you select and deselect them
- Painting things doesn't work (even when selecting and choosing color)
- You cannot delete Clone Bots, it just deselects them
- Switches and their text disappear for a while when you hit it
- Naming text is supposed to be in the middle of a brick/other model, currently it's in the corner of it
- Naming text is visible way too far
- Shadows don't move with bricks when you move them
- When crouched, you move the same speed as when not crouching
- You can only scroll the inventory one way with mousewheel mode 2
- Why the hell can you shoot with the hammer...?
- Brick Limit, Floating Blocks and Overlapping Blocks do not work (and they're probadly not even needed)
- There is no bones when you kill a Clone Bot, and the Bot's name will fall on the ground and stay there for a couple of seconds
- The FPS counter is lying
- The Movement option in Special Options menu moves the wrong amount (.5 moves the brick one brick forward for example)
- You can see your hat in 1st person mode
- When you have a ghost brick shot on a surface and pick a new color from the Color Pallet, the ghost brick disappears
- The eyedropper's range is way too short

Other things that should be changed:
- The player is too light, you need to make it more heavy
- Make a new HUD
- Make new menu arrangement
- Make a manual, the current one is taken from TBM/TOB

I was disappointed that most of the glitches aren't even fixed in TOB, but I hope you can fix these.
Thanks for your enthusiastic bug reporting. Lets see where we are once I get the first T3D driven release out the door, because quite a few of those things ought to go away.

What makes you say the FPS counter is lying though?
Won't you have to rewrite a large chunk of code when importing it from TGE to T3D? Seeing as some functions may not exist anymore.
Jimmg wrote:
Won't you have to rewrite a large chunk of code when importing it from TGE to T3D? Seeing as some functions may not exist anymore.

Probably not a whole lot. Mostly reorganization.
Feedback practically creamed himself at the prospect of water shaders, so I hope you'll leave them alone when you dumb-down the engine for me. IIRC they automatically roll-back on older hardware anyway.
Speaking of which, I need to make you a build with some profiling tools set up so I can figure out which parts to dumb down first.
my netbook is out of commission right now, but I can try it on my dad's laptop which has more ram and a similar Intel chipset.
DShiznit wrote:
my netbook is out of commission right now, but I can try it on my dad's laptop which has more ram and a similar Intel chipset.

Sounds good - I'll see if I can get a profiling setup for you tonight (assuming I crunch through some more physics).
If it helps at all, I'd be happy to run a profiler on my netbook with its 1.6GHz Atom and 1GB of RAM, although the fact that it has Ubuntu instead of Windows might be a wrench in the works.
Ah, yeah, we'll have to wait and see about that one, unless you wanted to try and do it with wine.
Could you dual-boot XP?
Netbooks usually don't have large enough hard drives for dualbooting to be feasable.
TheStorm wrote:
Netbooks usually don't have large enough hard drives for dualbooting to be feasable.

I dual booted my 20GB Toshiba non-netbook for a while with XP and Xubuntu Wink
elfprince13 wrote:
TheStorm wrote:

I dual booted my 20GB Toshiba non-netbook for a while with XP and Xubuntu Wink
Yes, I've done that as well, but for what Kerm is doing I can see why you wouldn't want to do so.
I found 2 new glitches:

- When you have a ghost brick shot on a surface and pick a new color from the Color Pallet, the ghost brick disappears
- The eyedropper's range is way too short
DShiznit wrote:
Could you dual-boot XP?
I'd rather not just for this, not to mention that my SSD is already super-cramped. Smile
I suppose I could hook up my currently inactive netbook to an external monitor for testing.
DShiznit wrote:
I suppose I could hook up my currently inactive netbook to an external monitor for testing.

Sounds great =) Have you tested the T3D demo on your new machine yet?

Ninja: thanks =)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours