Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
Sorunome wrote:
I ghave a nother idea: mak chat-groups (veary good for gCn), so that you don't have to swith virtual hubs.
*have *another *make *very *switch

You mean like channels in IRC? So far there are not so many users that having everyone on IRCHub is a problem, but I can see your point there.
Whoops, sorry for misspelling. Razz I think more people will use gCn when it is possible with direct USB, and what is IRC? (I just read somewhere something of virtual hubs with gCn...) (hopfully it has no misspelling! )
IRC is Internet Relay Chat. If you glance over there <--- at SAX, everyone who is talking with a (#) before their name is on IRC, not actually on SAX. I agree that a lot more people will be trying out gCn once Direct USB is released, but I'll wait to see how significantly that increases the load on the gCnIRCHub. Smile
I think I got it, thanks for explaining.
Sorunome wrote:
I think I got it, thanks for explaining.
My pleasure. If you can find some more suggestions or bug-fixes, though, it would make it worthwhile to release a new version.
You said you wanted some encouragement to work on CALCnet, Kerm, so here are a bug and suggestion for the Chat! program and/or IRCHub: PART messages are displayed, but QUIT messages are not; and the characters between a nick and message should be ": ", not just ":" (i.e. add a space). As it stands, the message "BILLYMAYS | Sad" in IRC becomes "BILLYMAYS:Sad". Admittedly, this is probably only a problem for smilies at the start of lines, but it's not a large waste of screen space to fix it.
Thanks for those two great suggestions, calcdude! Luckily, I can fix both of those in the gCn-IRC bridge without having to give anyone a new CALCnet Chat! client, so if you'd double-check that I did indeed fix both issues, I would appreciate it. Smile
Quit messages now work. And messages from IRCHub now have a space after the colon. However, messages from other Chat! users probably still don't have the space after the colon. I need someone else online with me to confirm this suspicion, though.
calcdude84se wrote:
Quit messages now work. And messages from IRCHub now have a space after the colon. However, messages from other Chat! users probably still don't have the space after the colon. I need someone else online with me to confirm this suspicion, though.
Yeah, you are correct about that, from looking at the code. Unfortunately, I can't fix that without fixing CALCnet Chat itself, so I shall do so. Thanks for checking!
No problem; glad to be of assistance. Sounds like a pretty quick change, thankfully! I can think of one other feature request, though it's larger than simply adding another character. The Chat! program has nothing like "/me". Could something similar (perhaps with a different, one-character, invocation) be added?
On a related note, from external observation, it appears that the Chat! program sends and receives the full line to be displayed, including the nick. I don't know if Chat! has separate join/part commands, but if my observation is correct, couldn't a "/me" line just be sent/received like a regular message?
calcdude84se wrote:
No problem; glad to be of assistance. Sounds like a pretty quick change, thankfully! I can think of one other feature request, though it's larger than simply adding another character. The Chat! program has nothing like "/me". Could something similar (perhaps with a different, one-character, invocation) be added?
On a related note, from external observation, it appears that the Chat! program sends and receives the full line to be displayed, including the nick. I don't know if Chat! has separate join/part commands, but if my observation is correct, couldn't a "/me" line just be sent/received like a regular message?


Not quite; the /me command is actually


Code:
PRVMSG #channel \0x01ACTION message\0x01


so some wrapping would be required on one end or another.
OK, I was having trouble with this yesterday but I changed my batteries and it worked today for a bit - I typed one message and then it stopped working.

Output from gcnclient.exe:

Code:
C:\Users\Lincoln\Downloads\dcs72b2>gcnclient -n IRCHub -l LincolnC -d direct
Info: Using default server host gcnhub.cemetech.net
Info: Using default port 4295
Direct USB connection created successfully.
Resolved hostname.
Wrote 19 bytes to socket (join msg)
Received message of length 27 from server.
Received 21 bytes
00 00 00 00 00 0A 2F FFFFFF81 FFFFFF85 0F 09 00 FFFFFFAB 4C 49 4E 43 4F 4C 42 00

Sent broadcast of length 9 to server
Wrote 27 bytes to socket (broadcast msg)
Received 21 bytes
00 00 00 00 00 0A 2F FFFFFF81 FFFFFF85 0F 09 00 FFFFFFAB 4C 49 4E 43 4F 4C 42 00

Sent broadcast of length 9 to server
Wrote 27 bytes to socket (broadcast msg)
Received message of length 31 from server.
Received message of length 27 from server.
Received message of length 27 from server.
Received 21 bytes
00 00 00 00 00 0A 2F FFFFFF81 FFFFFF85 0F 09 00 FFFFFFAB 4C 49 4E 43 4F 4C 42 00

Sent broadcast of length 9 to server
Wrote 27 bytes to socket (broadcast msg)
Received message of length 137 from server.
Received message of length 27 from server.
Received message of length 27 from server.
Received 25 bytes
FFFFFFAA FFFFFFAA FFFFFFAA FFFFFFAA FFFFFFAA 0A 2F FFFFFF81 FFFFFF85 0F 0D 00 FF
FFFFAD 4C 49 4E 43 4F 4C 42 3A 45 4C 4C 4F
Sent frame of length 13 to server
Wrote 31 bytes to socket (frame msg)
Received 21 bytes
00 00 00 00 00 0A 2F FFFFFF81 FFFFFF85 0F 09 00 FFFFFFAB 4C 49 4E 43 4F 4C 42 00

Sent broadcast of length 9 to server
Wrote 27 bytes to socket (broadcast msg)
Received message of length 27 from server.
Received message of length 27 from server.
Received message of length 27 from server.
usb_bulk_write (libusb0-dll:err [_usb_reap_async] timeout error
).
Error: Failed to send Direct USB frame

C:\Users\Lincoln\Downloads\dcs72b2>


EDIT: I did the same thing again, and it works great now...weird.
I've been having random timeout errors with Sandpaper too—they don't always happen, but they happen pretty often. (Seems to be always when the connection dialog's open, though.)
seana11 wrote:
Not quite; the /me command is actually


Code:
PRVMSG #channel \0x01ACTION message\0x01


so some wrapping would be required on one end or another.

Well, within Chat! itself, there's no need to replicate IRC's complexity. With IRCHub, IRC->Chat! just involves translating it; it does this already. For Chat!->IRC, IRCHub can just display the string, just like SAX does for its users.
If it's amenable to you guys, I can again just make the IRCHub handle gCn->IRC lines starting in /me into ACTIONs. Unfortunately, this wouldn't make /me work with calculator-to-calculator chats, either mediated by gCn or directly over CALCnet. For that, I'd have to modify the CALCnet Chat binary, not that that would be a big deal.

Deep Thought wrote:
I've been having random timeout errors with Sandpaper too—they don't always happen, but they happen pretty often. (Seems to be always when the connection dialog's open, though.)
I'm pretty sure this is a known issue with DirectUSB gCn, something that I've been needing to solve for well over a year, but just for kicks, try specifying the reconnect (-r) flag and see if it helps. In my latest builds, reconnect is actually enabled by default, and -r disabled it, so make sure you don't have one of those.
Gotcha. gcnclient.exe just quits when the error occurs, so I guess I'll try that (-r) later.
Deep Thought wrote:
Gotcha. gcnclient.exe just quits when the error occurs, so I guess I'll try that (-r) later.
Hmm, then I either haven't released the new version or you don't have it. I vote the former, so let me know what happens when you try the -r flag.
Can you add chat logging where the calculator makes a log of all the chat and saves it to a text file in the calc's mem?

Also does it work with the Arduino Mega version?
Tom wrote:
Can you add chat logging where the calculator makes a log of all the chat and saves it to a text file in the calc's mem?
It's possible but challenging; what applications/purpose might such a log serve?
A log would be nice so you can leave your calc on then read what happened while you were gone.
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement