So the RNC just replaced their successful first black chairman with another white guy. Way to put the black man in his place guys.
DShiznit wrote:
So the RNC just replaced their successful first black chairman with another white guy. Way to put the black man in his place guys.
DShiznit, I notice you post almost entirely political topics, and while I certainly welcome intellectual political discussions on Cemetech, I worry that they derail us from our technological focus. I'm not sure where I'm going with this, just putting that out there. Smile
I think I understand. The problem is, a lot of the project ideas I have for games and such aren't Cemetech appropriate(like that Gay Zombie Defense game, or that idea I had for a community-driven VG rule 34.) which leaves only political rants and the occasional freebuild topic. I suppose I could try getting back into Freebuild modding, which would give me more to talk about in that section, but my other projects come first.
KermMartian wrote:
DShiznit wrote:
DShiznit, I notice you post almost entirely political topics, and while I certainly welcome intellectual political discussions on Cemetech, I worry that they derail us from our technological focus. I'm not sure where I'm going with this, just putting that out there. Smile

Then get rid of the Politics subforum.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
DShiznit wrote:

Then get rid of the Politics subforum.

This too. Although I really like the politics forum.
DShiznit wrote:

Just quit it with the racial equality thing. There is no such thing as racial equality. Give up, move on, end of story.
^WTH happened there? That's not me at all.... Shrunk to remove emphasis as much as possible. D:

[edit] What I mean is, you can't please everybody. You vote in a white guy, you're being unfair to the other races. You vote in someone of another race, you're "favoring them because they're a minority/you're racist against white people/whatever". In the end, you can't make anything racially equal, so we need to just stop preaching that. I don't think humanity can be racially fair. Prejudice is a human default. We just have to kind of let things roll the way they go. I mean, sure, if someone is blatantly racist and it's causing massive harm, do something about it. But if it's just a matter of "oh, black guy out, white guy in" ignore it and move on.

Edit by Merth: Inappropriate image removed.
Fine, no image. Geeze. Ruin all the fun.
Except that he was their first black chairman, he broke their color barrier, and they just went back on it. He was their best black guy, and yet he wasn't good enough for them. They could have even broken the gender barrier instead, but they decided not too, just do another white guy. 90% of black Americans voted democrat in the last election, in a year that sucked for Democrats. Clearly the GOP is doing something, consciously or not, that is repelling Afro-Americans like the plague. How much clearer could inherent racism be?
DShiznit wrote:
90% of black Americans voted democrat in the last election, in a year that sucked for Democrats. Clearly the GOP is doing something, consciously or not, that is repelling Afro-Americans like the plague. How much clearer could inherent racism be?

Do I really need to bring up a county by county map of the U.S. again? Urban areas vote democrat, and the rural black is in the insane minority.

I've also never heard a positive thing about Steele's leadership of the RNC, which I'm pretty sure had nothing to do with race, just general suckitude.
elfprince13 wrote:

Do I really need to bring up a county by county map of the U.S. again? Urban areas vote democrat, and the rural black is in the insane minority.

And why is that? Could it be because the rural white Republican voters in these areas do everything they can to keep "coloreds" out of their towns?

Quote:
I've also never heard a positive thing about Steele's leadership of the RNC, which I'm pretty sure had nothing to do with race, just general suckitude.

If he's their first black chairman, he's likely one of the best, if not the best black guy in the party. Why aren't there smarter African Americans in the party to run for this position?
DShiznit wrote:
And why is that? Could it be because the rural white Republican voters in these areas do everything they can to keep "coloreds" out of their towns?

More likely because the educated black college students and the struggling refugees (Congolese and Sudanese and Ugandan around here) brought over by rural white churches can't compete with the population growth fueled by uneducated teen sex.

Quote:
If he's their first black chairman, he's likely one of the best, if not the best black guy in the party. Why aren't there smarter African Americans in the party to run for this position?

The best guys in the party are probably running for real elections at the local, state and federal level, not trying to be in charge of a fund-raising cluster-f***
elfprince13 wrote:
DShiznit wrote:

More likely because the educated black college students and the struggling refugees (Congolese and Sudanese and Ugandan around here) brought over by rural white churches can't compete with the population growth fueled by uneducated teen sex.

Quote:

The best guys in the party are probably running for real elections at the local, state and federal level, not trying to be in charge of a fund-raising cluster-f***

Ok, fair points on both counts. I still think there's some underlying racism(conscious or not) in the party establishment(and some very. very, clear racism in what should be fringe groups like the Tea Party), but it isn't as obvious to me as it used to be.

EDIT- I could also bring up the argument that the Republican congress is nearly 100% white, but I'm sure you'll give me a perfectly innocuous reason why that is.
If you want to say republicans are rasicst then look at it like this. Abraham lincoln was a republican and he was the guy who freed the blacks. Please don't even bring up racism , because both sides play the card whether anyone likes it or not.
Back then the Republican and Democrat parties were opposites of what they are today.
anselmot wrote:
If you want to say republicans are rasicst then look at it like this. Abraham lincoln was a republican and he was the guy who freed the blacks. Please don't even bring up racism , because both sides play the card whether anyone likes it or not.
souvik1997 wrote:
Back then the Republican and Democrat parties were opposites of what they are today.

Not really opposites, immigrants are still Democrats, and midwestern whites are still Republicans. The difference is that the Southern Democrats became Republicans, and the blacks became democrats to join the immigrants.

DShiznit wrote:
Ok, fair points on both counts. I still think there's some underlying racism(conscious or not) in the party establishment(and some very. very, clear racism in what should be fringe groups like the Tea Party), but it isn't as obvious to me as it used to be.

I think the underlying racism might exist (in the fringe) with certain ex-Southern Democrats, and certain non-racist people in the party majority might still subscribe to various racial stereotypes without harboring any malice towards people of other races simply because they've never learned any differently. The racism you think you see on the fringes of the Tea Party would probably more accurately be described as nativism (anti-immigration). Your changed perception is, I think, a reflection of the fact that you now talk to people from the other side, rather than relying on the stereotypes presented in liberal media to form your opinions.

DShiznit wrote:
EDIT- I could also bring up the argument that the Republican congress is nearly 100% white, but I'm sure you'll give me a perfectly innocuous reason why that is.

Again, it's the urban/rural split, and the issues that go along with it (vote for the "social justice party" or the "family values party"). It's not that conservative religious Republicans are opposed to social justice, it's that the Democrats won't run family values candidates.
The guy who preaches "family values" is the guy getting a handy in an airport bathroom. In fact, "Family Values" is just another way of saying "God Hates Fags".

Also, in a recent poll, 41% of all Republicans reported believing that Barack Obama was probably or deffinitely not born in the U.S. and that doesn't include anyone who just had doubts(despite his birth certificate being available online). I welcome an explanation.
Just my two cents: If it mattered, it wouldn't be on the news.
DShiznit wrote:
The guy who preaches "family values" is the guy getting a handy in an airport bathroom. In fact, "Family Values" is just another way of saying "God Hates Fags".

Also, in a recent poll, 41% of all Republicans reported believing that Barack Obama was probably or deffinitely not born in the U.S. and that doesn't include anyone who just had doubts(despite his birth certificate being available online). I welcome an explanation.

This post very nearly answers itself. People consume media that reinforces their belief system. Hence you, like most liberals who don't understand conservative culture, gladly accept the stories reinforcing your bias that all evangelicals are fundamentalists, and that all fundamentalists hate homosexuals (and think God does too), and reject anything to the contrary because it doesn't fit your paradigm. You read HuffPo, Republicans watch Fox, and everyone gets stupid.
elfprince13 wrote:
DShiznit wrote:

This post very nearly answers itself. People consume media that reinforces their belief system. Hence you, like most liberals who don't understand conservative culture, gladly accept the stories reinforcing your bias that all evangelicals are fundamentalists, and that all fundamentalists hate homosexuals (and think God does too), and reject anything to the contrary because it doesn't fit your paradigm. You read HuffPo, Republicans watch Fox, and everyone gets stupid.

^^seconded.
elfprince13 wrote:
DShiznit wrote:

I base the "family values = god hates fags" not on anything I've heard in the media, but on what the Family Research Counsel has actually said regarding homosexuality. I base the "handy in the bathroom" comment on what has actually gone on(both with that one congressman in the airport, and the other that had a "rentboy", as well as countless other Republican leaders who have been involved in sex scandals). I don't mean to suggest that democrats are any better(Clinton, anyone?) simply that "Family Values" is a facade that people pretend makes them better than everyone else, when in fact, nobody(including anyone preaching this family values BS) is perfect.
DShiznit wrote:
I base the "family values = god hates fags" not on anything I've heard in the media, but on what the Family Research Counsel has actually said regarding homosexuality.

links plx.

Quote:
I base the "handy in the bathroom" comment on what has actually gone on(both with that one congressman in the airport, and the other that had a "rentboy", as well as countless other Republican leaders who have been involved in sex scandals).

Because career politicians are the best example of what their constituents actually want. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
I don't mean to suggest that democrats are any better(Clinton, anyone?) simply that "Family Values" is a facade that people pretend makes them better than everyone else, when in fact, nobody(including anyone preaching this family values BS) is perfect.

Funnily enough, the part of your post that I've bolded is the foundational belief of Christian theology.
Quote:
...all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

The point is to acknowledge that, and then work to restore healthy relationships with God, each other, and Creation.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours