KermMartian wrote:
I believe BenRyves has done control via the physical calc, but making the screens sync up is a much more challenging problem. Simply sending keypress codes is not horribly complex, although you of course need to have written the relevant libti-using computer-side program to catch incoming data.

That is what I was trying to talk to Buckeye about, nothing about screen syncing, just to be used like a gamepad for WabbitEmu.
KermMartian wrote:
alberthrocks wrote:
@_player: yes, because it is. maybe im just not feeling well today, idk. I'll just shut up now, cuz nothing is going right with my words.
Easy solution: confine your statements about C2I to C2I topics that talk about new progress on C2I unless it's something relevant and constructive, not "L O L O L C2I is better than gCn/Cn2.2 even though it hasn't been completed or demonstrated or written yet!". That would save any "misunderstandings".
I get it, I get it. You can stop talking about it now. Razz

KermMartian wrote:
Because it's not as easy as that. Did you read what I wrote?
I acknowledged it with my reply below.

KermMartian wrote:
I believe BenRyves has done control via the physical calc, but making the screens sync up is a much more challenging problem. Simply sending keypress codes is not horribly complex, although you of course need to have written the relevant libti-using computer-side program to catch incoming data.

Screen sync would be terribly slow, me thinks. For keypresses, I recall BrandonW doing something like it, but to control other calcs. (Remote8x, I think?)
Yes, he did remote-controlling other calcs via silent linking. I also write Arduino drivers that emulated a calculator sending silent-linking keypresses, so it's easily done from anything that can write the TI link protocol, including a Silverlink or Direct USB link with a properly-written program at the PC end. For writing to the screen, you'd have to have a program running on the calculator that would receive 768-byte chunks and throw them onto the screen. Based on the speed at which TI-Connect sends programs to the calculators, I believe the frame rate would be extraordinarily low.
KermMartian wrote:
Yes, he did remote-controlling other calcs via silent linking. I also write Arduino drivers that emulated a calculator sending silent-linking keypresses, so it's easily done from anything that can write the TI link protocol, including a Silverlink or Direct USB link with a properly-written program at the PC end. For writing to the screen, you'd have to have a program running on the calculator that would receive 768-byte chunks and throw them onto the screen. Based on the speed at which TI-Connect sends programs to the calculators, I believe the frame rate would be extraordinarily low.

I don't think anyone would care if they can't see it on their calculator, just the keypresses is all I see really being needed for something like this.
I hear that, but I still don't understand why that's any better than just pressing the keys on your computer. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
I hear that, but I still don't understand why that's any better than just pressing the keys on your computer. Smile

What are you more familiar with while using any sort of calculator, a real one (TI that is), or using a keyboard?

Remember, this isn't for my own use, this is for the future of gCn and also a user-friendly interface. Wink
I was only skiming this a bit so I dont know if this has been said, but will it be possible to connect a real calc to a emulated arduino by USB or do we need more documentation?

(if this has been asked/discussed, do tell so I can delete the post)
I'm equally comfortable using a computer keyboard with PTI/WabbitEmu mappings or a calculator keypad, but that's probably not true of everyone.
KermMartian wrote:
I'm equally comfortable using a computer keyboard with PTI/WabbitEmu mappings or a calculator keypad, but that's probably not true of everyone.

Maybe we should get a Poll to see what people would prefer of the 2, sound good to you?
Sonlen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Maybe we should get a Poll to see what people would prefer of the 2, sound good to you?
That sounds fine to me!

@Qazz, no, it's not possible; that's what I've been telling Sonlen for a few weeks. Wink
*bump* I think I need two separate topics tomorrow, one for discussion of Cn2.2 over direct USB, and all the calculator-side and computer-side stumbling blocks, and one for discussion of my attempts to build the AVR-based USB-HID "$10 bridge" for globalCALCnet. If I forget, hopefully one of you will remind me. General nonspecific ideas and notes can still go here afterwards, and current relevant thoughts can go here as well.
/me reminds Kerm Smile
Will Cn2.2 over USB allow a TI 84+(SE) to act as a gCn bridge to a computer?
souvik1997 wrote:
/me reminds Kerm Smile
Will Cn2.2 over USB allow a TI 84+(SE) to act as a gCn bridge to a computer?
Sadly, no, although perhaps I could consider that as a standalone program! No, this is more like connecting a TI-84+/SE to gCn with the direct USB cable for the sake of itself. I've already posted the "$10 bridge" topic; I'll try to post the direct USB one soon.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours