Try to fix problem where calc use different terrains ( has to be tested more)
2nd at Game Over: fair enough, although I thought it did
Player dies: nice
Quit message: I can do that.

Qazz: I've never seen your bug in action before. I'd love to hear how I could replicate it.
I need to get my hands on a second calculator. My nspire is not sufficient because the keypad still sucks a
qazz42 wrote:
I need to get my hands on a second calculator. My nspire is not sufficient because the keypad still sucks a
Ah, sorry to hear it. I believe your initial description of the bug was that when you play Obliterate on two connected calculators, and start the game, both calculators start properly, but have completely different terrain (and tank positions? Did you mean horizontally, vertically, or both?)?
Horizontale, each calc cannot see anything but a different terrain AND their own tank. It does seem that the missile somehow travels and can hit the other tank x.x
qazz42 wrote:
Horizontale, each calc cannot see anything but a different terrain AND their own tank. It does seem that the missile somehow travels and can hit the other tank x.x
That's exceedingly strange. Shock I'll try sending you a new version, on the off-chance that will help. You're using DCS 7.1.1, right?
Yes Sir. And for what it is worth, I meant *horizontal
qazz42 wrote:
Yes Sir. And for what it is worth, I meant *horizontal
Thanks for the correction; I was able to glean your meaning. Smile I believe there's a beta here.
Thank you good sir, will send it right now. Please do be patient with me as it seems I must wait for Friday until I can grab hold of another calculator.

Just to be sure, does DCS 7.1.1 say 7.1.1 or just 7.1

EDIT: Oh.. dear... I really feel like a retard, I was on 7.1 ><

Well shoot me now, I guess I can NOW test it and tell you if the results are different.... as I bet they are...
Well, if everything was running 7.1, then it would have been no different from 7.1.1, probably. The only thing that was broken in 7.1 as opposed to 7.1.1 was calculation of Cn2.2 checksums, but it was consistently broken.
Could you add DCS version checking code, so that something like this wouldn't happen?
souvik1997 wrote:
Could you add DCS version checking code, so that something like this wouldn't happen?
To what? It couldn't be to DCS, because that wouldn't be in the older versions. I suppose I could put it in the programs, but it doesn't really make a difference unless you're connecting to gCn.
I meant in the programs, so users won't try to run the game on a version of DCS without CALCnet.
souvik1997 wrote:
I meant in the programs, so users won't try to run the game on a version of DCS without CALCnet.
Ah, well, the version number in the files is already checked so that it won't run on versions below 7.1, but I'm afraid I don't have a good mechanism for build number (7.1.x) filtering. Sad Hopefully it won't be too big of a deal.
*bump* I've neglected this for a while, and in the midst of trying to get my thoughts organized about Direct USB gCn, I decided I might as well try to get some of these features underway. The Username window is now the Settings window, and has a Minimum Players: field.

1) Synchronization count so that all the calculators agree on how many calculators are playing.
2) Don't display dead calculators
3) Add wind chosen by the shooting calculator
4) Add a settings menu that lets you set the minimum player count
5) Add a mechanism to fill in AIs to make the minimum player count (would allow for single-player gaming
5a) Allow games to start with one player with a minimum player count > 1.
5b) Broadcast the min player count with the start frame
6) Make it so pressing 2nd at the Game Over screen takes you to the main Oblit screen, not the DCS desktop.
7) Make it so when a player loses, his tank explodes and a message pops up saying "Player X died".
8) Make it so if a player quits the game, either his tank drops out, or everyone is told that the game is over because player X quit, instead of just going straight back to DCS desktop.
Nice updates! I'm looking forward to the release.
graphmastur wrote:
Nice updates! I'm looking forward to the release.
Thanks. Smile Next up is adding two bytes to the game-start frame, the number of players and the number of calculators (to allow for AIs). If any calculator disagrees, it will NACK, cancelling the game back to the main menu.
*bump* Tank turret angle LUT updated to account for the line routine's glitches on small lines. The turret now points straight up at 90 degrees and describes a neat circle when rotated. I also modified the initialization phase to add more synchronization safeguards, so that all calculators ensure that they know about all the same other calculators. There are still a few small glitches in this latter that I'm working through, then wind.
KermMartian wrote:
souvik1997 wrote:
Ah, well, the version number in the files is already checked so that it won't run on versions below 7.1, but I'm afraid I don't have a good mechanism for build number (7.1.x) filtering. Sad Hopefully it won't be too big of a deal.

Use the checksum calculating routine to check Wink Precalculate an expected checksum value and run a fake data packet through the checksummer to see if they match.
As a notice, it seems that updating DCS from 7.1 to 7.1.1 has fixed the problem I had

woo

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours