Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
It's three different users, why not have three different (and therefore smaller) programs for each one?
merthsoft wrote:
It's three different users, why not have three different (and therefore smaller) programs for each one?
*Uses? Well, the first two are closely-related, so I'm probably going to stick with the one combined program, but perhaps it's not a bad idea to have a separate program (by you!) for the direct USB link.
No, different users. For the most part, one person won't be using all three, even those of us with the means to do all the kinds.
I have uploaded the CALCnet library and Chat! to the archives, check it out here: http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/comp/CALCnet.zip. All the code is there!
merthsoft wrote:
I have uploaded the CALCnet library and Chat! to the archives, check it out here: http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/comp/CALCnet.zip. All the code is there!
Hurray! And cheers for the credits to me. Smile Also, just to prove your previous post wrong, I will run all three bridge types on my desktop. Actually, I'm working on debugging the $10 Bridge by plugging it into an Arduino bridge, having them talk to each other, and putting them on different virtual hubs from the same computer. It's fun.
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
I would have to admit, somehow connecting the calc to the emulated arduino so it is connected to irc would be nice.... although, I would assume that the Silverlink would not want to cooperate.... perhaps somehow using USB would work mabye.... but then it would be limited to TI-84+/se users... [/rambling]
That's not moving to the topic at hand. Razz Don't think that gCn is just about IRC; IRC just happens to be one particular internet service that I welded into the gCn framework. The main function of gCn is to connect networks of calculators across the internet for the sake of chatting, sharing files, playing games, etc. Merth's library is awesome because it means we could have computer-side versions of Cn2.2 calculator games like Netpong, Obliterate, CALCnet Tournament, etc to play the same game between calculators and computers.
uLtra TOurnaMent III online multiplayer, mhmm...

Anyway nice Merth. I'm glad to see more tools being made for gCn. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
just to prove your previous post wrong, I will run all three bridge types on my desktop. Actually, I'm working on debugging the $10 Bridge by plugging it into an Arduino bridge, having them talk to each other, and putting them on different virtual hubs from the same computer. It's fun.
That doesn't prove me wrong at all. I said "for the most part", to leave room for the exceptions like you and me Smile

DJ Omnimaga wrote:
... Anyway nice Merth. I'm glad to see more tools being made for gCn. Smile

Thanks Smile
DJ Omni, well, Souvik is building a 2D CALCnet game, CALCnet Tournament, so it's just a matter of taking on an extra D. Wink Merth: I know, I was being of the silly.
Yeah I know. That would be cool if he did, although 2D games can be just as cool. Very Happy

I wonder if someone will attempt a calc clone of Walkdontescape using gCn... Shock
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 4
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum