Would you like to have a new minifig scale?
Yes
 33%  [ 2 ]
No
 33%  [ 2 ]
Only as an option
 33%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

At the current state, the default minifig has the same size as a lego minifig. This is something freebuild still shares with Retail, Roblox, and BL Beta. My suggestion is to scale it up to something like a Lego Techic minifig. This would allow for a more complex building style, such as highly detailed vehicles with realistic suspension and drivetrain. Anyone with me?
I'd enjoy having different sizes of minifigs available, from midgets to technics.
This can easily be done as an add-on, and you could force the new minifig size on the people in your server while informing them (maybe with a centerprint dialog) that they are a different size.

I also think it would be easier to do details as a smaller minifig, then scale up to a larger one to enjoy the fruits of your labors.
...no. Then it wouldn't feel like Lego.
There's no particular reason why a rock monster or a minifig or a technic person or whatever couldn't be used as a player model, as long as you have the pieces to put them together.
SpaceNinja wrote:
...no. Then it wouldn't feel like Lego.
He offered you the option to do whatever you want to do on your own server, so you can just choose not to do it. Smile Personally, I agree with you.
If anyone owns any Technic figurines and has time to take some front, side and a couple of reference shots I wouldn't mind modeling it.
Jimmg wrote:
If anyone owns any Technic figurines and has time to take some front, side and a couple of reference shots I wouldn't mind modeling it.

You should learn the LDraw format and model it that way, for maximum usefulness.
elfprince13 wrote:
Jimmg wrote:

You should learn the LDraw format and model it that way, for maximum usefulness.
Does LDraw have Technic pieces?
Jimmg wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
Jimmg wrote:

Does LDraw have Technic pieces?

Yes, and iirc they even have some technic primitives to speed up modeling (things like receptacles for connecting-pins as featured on the legs of technic guys). There are also some unofficial technic brick repositories for things like NXT.
Ooh, sounds nice. Will be looking into it.
Double post
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7110851/Technic.jpg
Did you model that, or was it built in?
I have an extra-tall woody figure you can use to model a tall player model, and I can probably dig up a midget from somewhere.
DShiznit wrote:
I have an extra-tall woody figure you can use to model a tall player model, and I can probably dig up a midget from somewhere.
Okey dokey.
elfprince13 wrote:

Nah, had to search through the librarys for the parts.
Jimmg wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:

So the library does have parts for it already?
elfprince13 wrote:
Jimmg wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:

So the library does have parts for it already?
Yeah, had to download some other parts for the head, arms, and chest though.
Perhaps the final product should check for and update your ldraw directory with all the parts it needs when installed.
DShiznit wrote:
Perhaps the final product should check for and update your ldraw directory with all the parts it needs when installed.

Or at least provide easy library management. Auto-modification of an LDraw directory can be considered rude when you're installing unofficial parts.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours