reminds me a bit of Bowser's inside story, interesting... (Just a little)
Lol

Finally got around to making that text routine Smile Hope everybody likes it!
Looks good. Could you put a column of white before the text? It looks a little strange right up against the edge.
sure, will do Smile

EDIT: how's this?
Looks great!
<Merth> You should have a custom font
Wink
Thanks!
haha Razz I might when I get done working on the battle engine, and adding in compression Razz
Much better! I agree that that white column preceding the text was definitely necessary.
Thank you!
Yes it was, it's a good thing Merth mentioned it because I would not have noticed
Eeems wrote:
Looks like some fun progress to me, Eeems, nice job!
Thanks Kerm Very Happy

I just did a little touch up to my text routine, and made my about/thanks page more descriptive Razz
Enjoy Smile
Thanks for the shoutout! Smile I'm glad Doors CS and Cemetech have been helpful to you for routines and debugging. Wink I don't love love love the bold "The Blue Platform" text, but I think I'll manage to live.
No problem Smile
I'm kinda thinking of replacing that with a cutscene with maybe a representation of each person in the background. At the moment all that is there is the main menu's background image.
Eeems wrote:
No problem Smile
I'm kinda thinking of replacing that with a cutscene with maybe a representation of each person in the background. At the moment all that is there is the main menu's background image.
Ah, that makes sense. Anyway, it's five days later; any new progress, or have other things like school been taking your time?
Cool, I saw this on omnimaga, but great to see it here too! It looks like a lot of progress has been done lately, and it looks fabulous. Keep it up Very Happy
Thanks Ashbad Smile

@Kerm: Yes there has been a little, I fixed the ladder bug (but I did accidentally make a new bug that I don't know how it happens, but it is rare). Mainly though, minecraft, studying and revamping my website has been taking up my time, I'll get back to this after exams due to how time consuming working on it is and how important these exams are (My math one is 50% of my final grade).
Eeems wrote:
Thanks Ashbad Smile

@Kerm: Yes there has been a little, I fixed the ladder bug (but I did accidentally make a new bug that I don't know how it happens, but it is rare). Mainly though, minecraft, studying and revamping my website has been taking up my time, I'll get back to this after exams due to how time consuming working on it is and how important these exams are (My math one is 50% of my final grade).
I had a similar situation, an Algorithms exam that is basically all that mattered for the course, and for which I had to get either an A or an A- (anything under A- is essentially failing). Unfortunately, I still haven't gotten that grade, but I digress. Please feel free to continue to ask me/us for ASM coding help once you return to the project if necessary, and at any rate sharing progress reports and screenshots.
Sad no shout out to Merth Sad

I looks good, though. I think the text might be better if it word wrapped and rendered a little faster, but those are just nit-picky things.
I will add you when I get home :p
Hmm, well I had just slowed it down :p I guess that's a matter of preference.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours