Perhaps you all remember the fun day last year when I and thousands of others tried to get $100 worth of free electronics goodies from Sparkfun? (I succeeded; others sadly did not.) Sparkfun is doing the same thing again this year, but the rules have changed. No longer do you simply have to have more tabs open and F5'ing as fast as possible, and no longer do you have to have a cart all set up and ready to be purchased.

http://www.sparkfun.com/news/487

Brief summary of the article: if you manage to get through, you can either take $10 for each year you've been a customer, or you can try to answer ten electronics questions for up to $100 in credit.
Those comments, there are nerds on that site.

Oh, wait...

It looks like once you've claimed your money, whether it be the yearly-based or the from the quiz, you can use it at any point within 60 days. Sounds like that'll work smoother P:
comicIDIOT wrote:
Those comments, there are nerds on that site.

Oh, wait...

It looks like once you've claimed your money, whether it be the yearly-based or the from the quiz, you can use it at any point within 60 days. Sounds like that'll work smoother P:
Yeah, that's what I'm hoping. I need to read through their tutorials to see whether I want to go for the $100 or for my $30 for three years of membership. If pages load at a decent rate, the former is probably better (woo two EE degreees!) but if pages are super slow to load and time out a lot, the latter is better. Is anyone else going for it, and if so, which option will you be trying?
KermM mentioned on HCWP yesterday that the free day was today.
It's been on my calendar since they announced the date, but I have class beginning just at the same time.. guess I'll end up mashing f5 during class.

About 48 minutes to go...
The Tari wrote:
It's been on my calendar since they announced the date, but I have class beginning just at the same time.. guess I'll end up mashing f5 during class.

About 48 minutes to go...
Yup yup, I have a window for taking the quiz in one tab, and the list of tutorials open in another. The Tari, are you going loyalty cash or quiz?
Probably quiz, not that I've actually been following their new tutorials closely. Worst case, it'll probably come out a wash in which there was no particular benefit for choosing quiz over loyalty cash.
I can't get to sparkfun. I think free day broke it Sad
merthsoft wrote:
I can't get to sparkfun. I think free day broke it Sad
Thomas and I are trying to open Sparkfun right now. We both got "Something Broke" pages, but no actual content yet. Sad
This sounds interesting. Never heard of it, but I'm reading about it right now. Very Happy
0rac343 wrote:
This sounds interesting. Never heard of it, but I'm reading about it right now. Very Happy
Sadly, it's over now. Sad I only got $30 as opposed to last year, when I got $100; the last $59,000 went in one minute. :S Ah well, at least I got enough for a second Arduino if that's what I decide to get.
*bump* Free Day 2012 is upon us come January! I'll post a new topic soon.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours