SirComic, has the privilege of taking this to page number TWO.

Also, what's the back story here?
We all get to be coding knights now Smile
Yesterday, merthsoft suggested we all change our names in the chat so that "Sir" would be in front of our names. So we did.
The only reason I have a different title ('Dame' instead of 'Sir') is because of my gender--I'm a girl, and the proper title for a female knight is 'Dame'.
Ah, it doesn't go deeper than that then?
_player1537 wrote:
We all get to be coding knights now Smile
All of us Evil or Very Mad
Quote:
Chevaleresse - French, Female Knight

The title chevalière was exclusive to female knights, the head of a fiefdom that had been headed by a male and conceded to a female, or the wife of a knight could be called a chevaleresse.

And if that's too long, use "Lady"...
Silver Shadow wrote:
Quote:
Chevaleresse - French, Female Knight

The title chevalière was exclusive to female knights, the head of a fiefdom that had been headed by a male and conceded to a female, or the wife of a knight could be called a chevaleresse.

Wikipedia wrote:
A Dame may be:
*Dame (title), a female title of rank, equivalent to 'Sir' used as the title of a knight
*A female Lord or Seigneur, or the wife of one
Silver Shadow wrote:

Lady =/= female knight.
My bad, but I thought Dame didn't exist in English... Sorry.
Silver Shadow wrote:
My bad, but I thought Dame didn't exist in English... Sorry.

That's where I got it from, the English! xD
Dame means "gimme" in Spanish. Smile

Edit:
I think I've been out of the loop for a while.
I too thought Lady was the correct form address until Holmes corrected me (and I also happened to be reading the Wikipedia page on British honours after the term "Fount of Honour" came up).
Chevaleresse would work if we all were going by Chevalier. Which would also be cool.
Dame is also slang for.... things.... at my school, but we have no need to get into that.

I think that while we are knights, Kerm is the king of the round calculator Razz
Agreed, Sir Qazz Very Happy
_player1537 wrote:
Either him, or Nikky.

Isn't Cemetech a separate sovereignty from ticalc.org?
elfprince13 wrote:
_player1537 wrote:
Either him, or Nikky.

Isn't Cemetech a separate sovereignty from ticalc.org?

Or superawesomeperson.com
Sounds like SirCmpwn is jealous that he's not a Knight of the Order of Cemetech. Wink
Haha, silly SirCmpwn, thinking he could be a knight Wink
Wut? but I'm a king!
King grahpmastur at least.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours