merthsoft wrote:
I don't like the reading upside down thing. I'd prefer text get appended. I'll just have to trim and copy, shouldn't be an issue. Or am I thinking about it all wrong?
Well, one of the problems is that there's no good way to force it to scroll to the bottom every time you append, so you need to keep it at a max of one screenful of text. That's not strictly accurate; there's a field for making it scroll to the bottom, but it won't be trivial to calculate what the value of that field needs to be.
How does Chat handle incoming messages while the user is typing?
souvik1997 wrote:
How does Chat handle incoming messages while the user is typing?
I was hoping no one would mention that. Wink Currently, quite poorly: the message will be delayed in the receive buffer until the user leaves the message input box, at which point the message will be displayed and the input box will be cleared. I can't help the delay, but I do want to add a save/restore to the input box. I have it on my todo list.
Would creating a different text input routine that doesn't use the GUIStack and is interrupt-friendly work? Then you could save the contents of the text box, update the other text box where the conversations are, and restore the contents of the text box.
souvik1997 wrote:
Would creating a different text input routine that doesn't use the GUIStack and is interrupt-friendly work? Then you could save the contents of the text box, update the other text box where the conversations are, and restore the contents of the text box.
Yes, it would work. Would I want to do it? Not in a million years, thanks to the lesson I learned from the pain of implementing the original routines. I'll juts do the save and restore and hope people don't spend a long time composing each message.
Raylin wrote:
There. Needs. To be. A 2D UT clone. For this. Now.

screw that, GIMMI CASTLEVANIA FIGHTER FOR THIS!
qazz42 wrote:
Raylin wrote:

You should all make all these fun games using CALCnet!
*bump* Some news from the gCn development front that you guys may or many not be interested in:

1) Incremental improvements in the Arduino driver are being made, such that the first frame sent to the computer from a new CALCnet calculator is no longer corrupted as 9D9D9D...
2) Significant upgrades to the Python gCnIRCHub since Wednesday, including better-cleaned text, rudimentary character set conversion between "TI-ASCII" and normal ASCII, and some gCn->IRC text cleaning to make gCnIRCHub's lines resembles saxjax's (our IRC-SAX bridge) lines for consistency.
3) Strides in Chat, including proper buffer-prepending and cleaning, plus a fix to the CALCnet-disable-on-APD bug, which make it much more enjoyable to use Chat with IRC.

I still have plenty to do on all aspects of the project, most notably to clear up bottlenecks from the Arduino. The somewhat vast array of RGB LED debugging color codes and sequences that I have added have revealed that some frame collisions are causing the Arduino to incorrectly believe it has found a new calculator on the network; I need to track down that cause of this error to avoid the Arduino eventually overflowing its stack and crashing, as has happened when left to run for a few hours on IRC.

Edit: Note to self: collision causes corrupt frame header? Sequence (sometimes blue/aqua omitted):
- ~5sec blue
- ~2sec aqua
- ~0.8sec black
- new-calc recognition yellow/white/yellow
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
Raylin wrote:

You should all make all these fun games using CALCnet!

hmm, If I knew asm then I might be able to make a 2 player version of my fighter game that was scrapped and then replaced with pse-rpg....
Well, then you should finish learning BASIC so that you can learn ASM. Razz Anyway, I'm still trying to track this down. It seems that my Arduino is forgetting how many calculators it knows.
Hence the *"IF"* I knew asm Razz

and Kerm, I dont think that your arduino can count that high if you regestered a majority of your calc Razz
*bump*

sooo, any updates on this?, I know there has, don't lie Razz (Just Joking)
qazz42 wrote:
*bump*

sooo, any updates on this?, I know there has, don't lie Razz (Just Joking)
I've been very busy playing host to Thomas/Elfprince and Courtney, and I have a meeting with my real-life research adviser tomorrow, but steady progress is being made. Merth has his Arduino, Elfprince is helping me with a Mac OS port, and Chat is just about done, currently being tested.
hmm, is there anyway to test this with wabbit or no? (I am guessing no... although it would be awesome cause then I could help)
qazz42 wrote:
hmm, is there anyway to test this with wabbit or no? (I am guessing no... although it would be awesome cause then I could help)
Currently no, I'm afraid. I think Sonlen and geekboy are trying to experiment with Arduino emulators and/or convince Buckeye to implement a gCn bridge within WabbitEmu.
I just got my Arduino order placed with my Freeday money. Socketed (not SMD) Uno.
elfprince13 wrote:
I just got my Arduino order placed with my Freeday money. Socketed (not SMD) Uno.
That's great to hear! What's the ETA on delivery? Do you have either a 2.5mm stereo socket and cable, or a cable to hack apart?
For an extra $1.50 I ordered a cable with a 2.5mm plug on one end, and exposed wire on the other end, so should be no disassembly required.

http://www.sparkfun.com/products/10159
elfprince13 wrote:
For an extra $1.50 I ordered a cable with a 2.5mm plug on one end, and exposed wire on the other end, so should be no disassembly required.

http://www.sparkfun.com/products/10159
Ah, not bad at all, nice find. From the description, you'll probably have to file it down a hair to fit in the calculator's socket.
KermMartian wrote:
Ah, not bad at all, nice find. From the description, you'll probably have to file it down a hair to fit in the calculator's socket.

O_o Why?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours