tifreak8x wrote:
That's where the error is showing up, in the temp program containing the processed and created code. I scan through the code and it still matched up :< I guess as long as it works, it's ok, right? 0x5
I guess so, but I can't tell you how much I agree with your hesitation. I'm never, ever comfortable with fixes that I don't understand or bugs that mysteriously disappear, because I'm convinced (from experience) that they'll come back to haunt me.
Oh, I agree as well, since no doubt that once it hits someone's calc, it will cause errors that it doesn't for me :< Ah well. I have, of course, only tried this on emulator, maybe on calc will provide a different result. Only crappy thing is the amount of time it will take to upload it to the calc. :p
Out of how many programs/lists etc. does it consist to date?
Well, the lists will be created by the game, in the end, but at the moment, between lists, programs and appvars, there are roughly 95 files that get sent to wabbit for testing purposes.
So, I managed to add Fire Stone item to the items appvar for battle usage (which is not usable) and will have to come back and code in the item for usage when outside of battle.

I got the code put in to handle Full Heal for the battling pokemon, and started the code for the pokemon in the party. Hopefully I can get that completed tomorrow, or by wednesday, and get that tested.
I hope that you're using a script to send them all and launch Wabbit. Smile If not, I'd be happy to help you put one together, as I'm almost positive Wabbit supports something like that.
I don't really need a script, since I have the files separated by ROM and RAM folders, just a matter of Ctrl+A in each folder and dragging them to wabbit Smile
In theory, the code for Full Heal works. When I get a few minutes to test it, I guess we'll see how good my 'theory' is :p
haven't tested full heal yet, was working on making the fire stone code work properly first. That code is semi complex, but not near as bad as the ether code was.

This is the beginnings of the evolution screen. I'm just curious what you all might think of this so far?

1. Yes, Dragonite isn't affected by Fire Stones
2. I don't care if Dragonite being evolved via Fire Stone offends you for this test.
3. Yes, I have things to tweak, like placement of the black square, how long it lasts, etc

I'm just looking for overall thoughts on how I'm displaying evolutions.
I'm glad you mentioned placement of the black square, I was going to point out that it was off by one pixel on the right-side edge. Smile That seems excellent and intuitive to me; go for it.
It's off by a couple, actually :p the left side of the box needs to line up with the left side of the pokemon. But I'm glad you approve Smile Got 2 votes for acceptable, will give it a little more time, see if anyone has anything else to add.
D: Dragonite and fire stone? How dare you, you blasphemer! Razz]

in all serious, that looks excellent, I like that evolution animation. Gg tifreak Very Happy
Definitely acceptable. It looks like a proper evolution animation.
Thanks gents Very Happy I shall see about getting the last of this properly set up, which is mostly just moving the code that stops the evolution to the end of the program, and to switch out the sprite for the new one, and increment the pokemon's # in the list. That shouldn't be horridly difficult to accomplish.
I indeed have something else to add...

Code:
:FnOff
:ClrDraw
:GridOff
:AxesOff
:PlotsOff
:ZDecimal
:ZInteger
:6cumSum(binomcdf(29,0→L2
:cos(Ans°→L1
:sin(L2°→L2
:For(X,0,1
:For(U,15-15X,9X+3,6X-3
:For(V,1,30
:If X
:Then
:U+.1V
:Pt-Off(AnsL1(31-V),AnsL2(31-V),2
:Pt-Off(-AnsL1(31-V),-AnsL2(31-V),2
:Else
:U-.1V
:Pt-On(AnsL1(V),AnsL2(V),2
:Pt-On(-AnsL1(V),-AnsL2(V),2
:End
This looks excellent, tifreak, I love the evolution animation very much so Smile
TIFreak8x, great, get to it! Smile What comes next after you complete that?
I still need to test Full Heal, ensure that works. Not sure what item comes after that. Full Restore I believe, it will be fairly easy to implement, as it stores 0 to status list elements, and HPmax->HPcur Smile
tifreak8x wrote:
I still need to test Full Heal, ensure that works. Not sure what item comes after that. Full Restore I believe, it will be fairly easy to implement, as it stores 0 to status list elements, and HPmax->HPcur Smile
That sounds (hopefully) straightforward and not too brain-bending. Good luck on it.

Page 15 of 17
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours