Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
To start the new year off;

Currently working on code for the battle engine, find the GUI code bits here: http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5548

Updated the Equations program, it used to use L_EPA for the list. The program before was 1003 bytes. I changed every instance of L_EPA to use L_2, the program is now 906 bytes in size.

Progress continues into the new year..
Let's hope we can get past the battle system so I can finally help with something else. (I hope so) Also keep up that dedication, it is something to be truly admired. Wink
Sonlen wrote:
Let's hope we can get past the battle system so I can finally help with something else. (I hope so) Also keep up that dedication, it is something to be truly admired. Wink
Amen to that. As I think I've asked at the beginning of previous threads, what's the 30,000-foot view of what still needs to be done on this project?
Battle system, maps, NPC Trainers.. There are a few map specific items that need to be coded in to the map engine. Optimizations of anysort, of course. Have to tie the item system and party system into the battle engine.. finish the item system.. lots to do yet.
tifreak8x wrote:
Battle system, maps, NPC Trainers.. There are a few map specific items that need to be coded in to the map engine. Optimizations of anysort, of course. Have to tie the item system and party system into the battle engine.. finish the item system.. lots to do yet.


The maps sound like a job for Sonlen himself. :p If you find your documentation on those, please let me know, I am almost positive I can at least get the maps made and put in something and post it or send them etc...
As has been discussed, I have this on huge sheets of graph paper so I can see where things are and properly set boundaries. This is the easiest way to keep track of things like this, since the maps are huge, and, for the most part, I can put the interior maps on the same sheet to keep them organized.

I am sure there is something you will be able to contribute, I just haven't gotten to that point as of yet.
tifreak8x wrote:
As has been discussed, I have this on huge sheets of graph paper so I can see where things are and properly set boundaries. This is the easiest way to keep track of things like this, since the maps are huge, and, for the most part, I can put the interior maps on the same sheet to keep them organized.

I am sure there is something you will be able to contribute, I just haven't gotten to that point as of yet.


I forgot about those graph sheets... Anyways I am waiting for a job. :p
Alright, I have gotten about as far as I can go with the UI for the battle system until I can complete the Party screen and it's usage of switching a pokemon out. That shouldn't be horridly difficult. The problem is going to be having it deal with list change overs and such, and that -shouldn't- be too difficult. I just have to figure out which list elements I need to pull from the temp back to the original.

I also need to finish off the items system and make that work properly. The only difficulty is, I need to come up with lists of items that work only outside of battle, only during battles, and what works all the time, regardless of battle or not.

This should prove to be fun.
We can haz screenies soon? Very Happy
0rac343 wrote:
We can haz screenies soon? Very Happy
Hear hear! Although I understand that the pressures of creating something presentable can sometimes be detrimental to forward momentum on the project. Smile
Well.. I -might- be able to create a screenshot that at least shows the new bit of work I have done. I would just have to create a program to force some data into some lists to make the thing work though.

Would also mean I would need to put all that code into the calculator to see if it even works :p That's still theoretical XD
tifreak8x wrote:
Well.. I -might- be able to create a screenshot that at least shows the new bit of work I have done. I would just have to create a program to force some data into some lists to make the thing work though.

Would also mean I would need to put all that code into the calculator to see if it even works :p That's still theoretical XD
Haha, then it sounds like it would benefit everyone, then! You would get to test this code, and we would get to see eye candy.
KermMartian wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:
Well.. I -might- be able to create a screenshot that at least shows the new bit of work I have done. I would just have to create a program to force some data into some lists to make the thing work though.

Would also mean I would need to put all that code into the calculator to see if it even works :p That's still theoretical XD
Haha, then it sounds like it would benefit everyone, then! You would get to test this code, and we would get to see eye candy.


lol alright, I shall see about getting this code typed up into the calculator and making sure it works :p.
Hear Hear! Awesome! This is almost as exciting as Monsters Den Godfall!
Very HappyD
It sounded like you had a chance to get a few things done on this yesterday, perhaps? I'm sure life is very busy, though, so I'll do my best to be patient. Wink
I did manage to get a bit of it typed into the calculator. Takes a while when one keeps getting distracted by shiny things and losing my place in all that code :p

I hope to have it in the calc by the end of the week to see if it works.
tifreak8x wrote:
I did manage to get a bit of it typed into the calculator. Takes a while when one keeps getting distracted by shiny things and losing my place in all that code :p

I hope to have it in the calc by the end of the week to see if it works.


Or just use SourceCoder and export the code and send it to your calculator, a lot faster and a whole lot painless. Razz
Retyping allows him to find other optimizations I bet.
Except that that won't work, I used -> instead of the sto arrow for easier typing. Plus, while that code is close, I've missed a few things typing it out that is on paper.
tifreak8x wrote:
Except that that won't work, I used -> instead of the sto arrow for easier typing. Plus, while that code is close, I've missed a few things typing it out that is on paper.
I believe the SC2 editor understands that -> is Sto; if not, I will have to add it.
  
Page 1 of 17
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement