I have almost 4 of the 5 pages of code I have written on paper dropped onto the calc. I have had to redo a few of the string vars so I can try to reuse them and save the names to each. I also saw an optimization that I thought was going to be an optimization when I wrote it down. However, It took up a few more bytes than it saved, so it was changed around.

The code, in theory, as it is on the calculator, should be up to the point where it displays trainers, then pokemon, then data, and finally the menu. Once I get the last bit typed in, we'll find out.
That's great! Thanks for your continuing hard work even though you have lots of time commitments and sleep deprivation out in the real world. Smile
heh, no problem. I got to page 5 of 5 this morning, putting the code to the calc. Hopefully won't be too much longer before I can throw up some test lists and see if things work like they should.
Yay! Very Happy
tifreak8x wrote:
heh, no problem. I got to page 5 of 5 this morning, putting the code to the calc. Hopefully won't be too much longer before I can throw up some test lists and see if things work like they should.
That would be excellent; I look forward to you sharing screenshots with us when you do so.
I hope for them this evening, if I can not kill myself at work today. Just a page more of conditionals and the like to deal with escaping pokemon, tack on a few additional End commands to the end of that and it should be ready.

Again with the whole bit of code working the first time.. :p
tifreak8x wrote:
I hope for them this evening, if I can not kill myself at work today. Just a page more of conditionals and the like to deal with escaping pokemon, tack on a few additional End commands to the end of that and it should be ready.

As in, it did work the first time, and you were flabbergasted, or as in you are sure it won't work the first time?
No, as in code never works the first time, we've discussed this a few times on irc :p

Got the code input into the calculator. It displays the text box and the user sprite, and I think it even loads up the list, but it syntax errors out. I am going to try to see what is wrong with it sometime in the next couple of days, today is just too busy to have to worry about it.
tifreak8x wrote:
No, as in code never works the first time, we've discussed this a few times on irc :p
Indeed we have; please forgive the continual degradation of my medium-term memory.

Quote:
Got the code input into the calculator. It displays the text box and the user sprite, and I think it even loads up the list, but it syntax errors out. I am going to try to see what is wrong with it sometime in the next couple of days, today is just too busy to have to worry about it.
That's great to hear that it goes that far before failing; I look forward to progress once you get real-life concerns out of the way.
lol not that it is a problem, I too have failing memory, at least where some things are concerned. And yes, I am eager to have this thing fully working. I might even post up the code as it is now since I can use SC to make it all pretty.
tifreak8x wrote:

I would love to do some test for you if you want it, just give me information needed, what is able to be changed, and the limits of that (such as what to change for Pokemon, Trainers, and anything else that can be changed per battle) and I would love to help with some testing.
Not really much to test, it either works or it doesn't. And as I found out this morning, it currently does not work. Something else for me to work on.
tifreak8x wrote:
Not really much to test, it either works or it doesn't. And as I found out this morning, it currently does not work. Something else for me to work on.
Aww, bummer. Feel free to run the code through SourceCoder and post it up if you'd like myself, Sonlen, or the rest of the Cemetechians to throw some brain cells at the problem.
KermMartian wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:
Aww, bummer. Feel free to run the code through SourceCoder and post it up if you'd like myself, Sonlen, or the rest of the Cemetechians to throw some brain cells at the problem.

I personally wouldn't mind getting what he has that works and the dependencies it needs (such as lists and strings etc...) and see how it works myself. Wink
Sonlen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:

I personally wouldn't mind getting what he has that works and the dependencies it needs (such as lists and strings etc...) and see how it works myself. Wink

I generally don't release code unless I have spent a bit of time working on it and I can't figure out why I can't make it work. Just give me some time and I'll get it figured out.
I can respect that; best of luck. Smile
More a directional note for myself than anyone, the error I am running into is somewhere in the equations program.

Finally, some progress.
I've managed a bit of progress with debugging, come to find out that I had missed adding a couple of appvars to my testing calc, and forgot to change the code to reflect data programs are now appvars in the equations program. I am still erroring out in the equations program, and now the fun begins to try to figure out the why.
tifreak8x wrote:
I've managed a bit of progress with debugging, come to find out that I had missed adding a couple of appvars to my testing calc, and forgot to change the code to reflect data programs are now appvars in the equations program. I am still erroring out in the equations program, and now the fun begins to try to figure out the why.
Congrats, keep up the excellent work, and I'm sure you'll track down the problems. Smile
I actually did manage to find the culprit. Did you know you cannot pass on an empty string using expr( into a list? Razz

The reason it is trying to is I seemingly forgot to input data into a data appvar, and then digging through notes revealed I hadn't even created the data. So that is next on my agenda.

Page 2 of 17
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours