Woohoo, good for you, sir tifreak8x. Smile You already have a sprite display subroutine, so that won't be too big an ordeal, correct?
KermMartian wrote:
Woohoo, good for you, sir tifreak8x. Smile You already have a sprite display subroutine, so that won't be too big an ordeal, correct?

I have an asm program that displays the pokemon sprites. I have the code written out from one of the previous incarnations, so I am sort of copying that in parts.

Edit:

Added a bunch to the code, got it to the point where the menu in the battle GUI displays and theoretically it will kick back any attempt to run from a trainer battle. I just haven't added the part where it refreshes the screen and goes back to letting you control the cursor.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Escape

At this point, this is what I am trying to implement. I understand the equation to the point of mod 256. After the discussion earlier and some online research, I know it is the remainder. However, I am uncertain how this affects things if the example given in the link above is changed to where mod 256 is needed (where B>=1024).

Anyone able to assist me in understanding this code in the same equation given in the link? I'd greatly appreciate it, and it would help me get the RUN function of the battle system finished up.
TIfreak, you could try this:
Code:
For(A,0,3000
Disp Round(256fPart(A/256),0
End
A represents the other pokemon's speed, and the displayed number is B.
Quote:
[21:41] <+Merth> SirTIFrk: Almost.
[21:42] <+Merth> while (# >= 256) #-=256;
[21:42] <@SirTIFrk> *headache*
[21:42] <+Merth> it's clock-math
[21:42] <+Merth> think of a clock.
[21:42] <SirCalc84> you could also 256fpart(X/256) to get X mod 256 (assuming X>=0)
[21:42] <+Merth> it goes in a circle. after 59 minutes, it's back to 0

Saving as that explanation actually makes sense lol
updated the code with part of the RUN function equation in place. I also believe, I got the mod 256 part put in there correctly.
Updated the code to show all the way up to the escape routine being finished.

I also wonder if anyone is actually looking at the code at all :p
tifreak8x wrote:

I'm looking at the code! \o/ You've gotten good enough that I really can't find much to suggest anymore. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:

I'm looking at the code! \o/ You've gotten good enough that I really can't find much to suggest anymore. Smile

Lol well thanks. I shall definitely keep chiseling away at it.
tifreak8x wrote:

I need to edit it to replace L_EPA with L_2 so I don't have to worry about having a ton of extra lists.

I am so glad I saw this. I have got to change my program now. Smile
Why, so that your game doesn't use an interfering list? Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Why, so that your game doesn't use an interfering list? Smile

No, because the lists that I am using are temporary and they do not need to have more memory waisted. Right now I am using L????. I started programming it this way because I was not sure if I would have to save any of the lists for later, but it turns out instead of having a lot of lists, I only have a few, and if TiFreak8x saved 100+ bytes in this program, then I might be able to save even more. I just can not wait to see how much. Very Happy I probably would have let it go by without even thinking about that.
o.O

I am quite curious to this myself..
tifreak8x wrote:

I look at it every now and again, but seeing as I am still a "noob" especially to optimization (as you would find it before me I am sure) there isn't much for me to suggest.

Good work and keep going. Very Happy
Sonlen wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:

I look at it every now and again, but seeing as I am still a "noob" especially to optimization (as you would find it before me I am sure) there isn't much for me to suggest.

Good work and keep going. Very Happy

I have to finish compiling that data for the appvar before I can see if this will work lol
Sidebar, you know that you can easily do so in SourceCoder, right?
Yeah, I might do that :p Or make merth happy and use Tokens, I hadn't decided yet :p
tifreak8x wrote:
Yeah, I might do that :p Or make merth happy and use Tokens, I hadn't decided yet :p
Either way, your life will be much easier than typing everything out by hand on your calculator.
So, I've managed to get all the data compiled on paper. That was a boat load of fun. All 165 attack lists are now ready to be put into an appvar. I hope that won't take terribly long to do, then we can see what else is broken with my new GUI code.
tifreak8x wrote:
So, I've managed to get all the data compiled on paper. That was a boat load of fun. All 165 attack lists are now ready to be put into an appvar. I hope that won't take terribly long to do, then we can see what else is broken with my new GUI code.
Stupendous! I am sure that very little will actually be broken. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours