No, /\+\++/ would match any string of two or more +s as a single match. The only single downside would be that Notepad++++ would increment Notepad by one, not Notepad++ by one.
Hmm, I think I'll keep it as is, then. At least for now.
merthsoft wrote:
Hmm, I think I'll keep it as is, then. At least for now.
Fair enough, you're the coder, so you get to make those decisions. Smile Anything new in the pipe for DecBot?
Well, it seems to have lost all the links, so we'll just have to make sure to add those back in as we need. I'll add a backup mechanism when I get home (just something to backup my var/www/html folder to my external). I also still need to add !unlink.
merthsoft wrote:
Well, it seems to have lost all the links, so we'll just have to make sure to add those back in as we need. I'll add a backup mechanism when I get home (just something to backup my var/www/html folder to my external). I also still need to add !unlink.
Bummer about the loss of links; let me know if you want me to try to add the ones that I remember back in. Sad Backups are always a great idea, so I'm glad you'll be adding that.
*update!*
I have added unlink, it goes like this:

Code:
!unlink name
This will remove the link between name and whatever it is linked to.

I have added base conversion:

Code:
!base number fromBase toBase
This will convert number from fromBase to toBase
There are also some shorthand functions:

Code:

shorthand => longhand
!base number => !base number 10 16
!base number toBase => !base number 10 toBase

!base 0xnumber => !base number 16 10
!base 0Xnumber => !base number 16 10
!base $number => !base number 16 10
!base numberh => !base number 16 10
!base numberH => !base number 16 10

!base 0xnumber toBase => !base number 16 toBase
!base 0Xnumber toBase => !base number 16 toBase
!base $number toBase => !base number 16 toBase
!base numberh toBase => !base number 16 toBase
!base numberH toBase => !base number 16 toBase

Examples:
irc wrote:
<Merth> !base F 16 10
<DecBot> Merth: 15
<Merth> !base 0xF
<DecBot> Merth: 15
<Merth> !base 10
<DecBot> Merth: A
<Merth> !base 10 2 10
<DecBot> Merth: 2
<Merth> !base 127 10 16
<DecBot> Merth: 7F
<Merth> !base 7F 16 2
<DecBot> Merth: 1111111
<Merth> !base 1111111 2 10
<DecBot> Merth: 127

Both !base and !unlink require that you be voiced.
This is great! Thanks so much for adding these, Merth, I am very happy! Would you welcome some alternative conversion symbols for binary, or would those not be particularly appreciated?
I'll welcome anything!
merthsoft wrote:
I'll welcome anything!
Huzzah, then I shall request that as well as !calc if you happen to get around to it.
!calc has been added, it's a calculator.
merthsoft wrote:
!calc has been added, it's a calculator.
And it's awesome! Can I still crash it the way I was doing in #flood?
I haven't been able to, yet, but we'll see if you can Smile
merthsoft wrote:
I haven't been able to, yet, but we'll see if you can Smile
Seems pretty impressively solid so far! Nice job.
Voice requirements have been removed from !calc and !base. This means that !base can now be used in saxjax. !calc gets intercepted.
merthsoft wrote:
Voice requirements have been removed from !calc and !base. This means that !base can now be used in saxjax. !calc gets intercepted.
!calc gets intercepted by SAX itself for now, more specifically. I'm considering whether to remove that and let DecBot handle all !calc requests.
DecBot's calc does have more functionality.
Because I suck at typing, !clac now does the same as !calc.
merthsoft wrote:
Because I suck at typing, !clac now does the same as !calc.
Nifty! Shaun, one concern that I have about giving SAX users access to !calc is that it's potentially harder to kickban people from SAX than from IRC.
So far it hasn't been heavily abused. The karma and base features are there and there haven't been any big issues. Maybe we could just test the waters for now. !clac is available to them.
I have made some updates on decbot. You can now write functions and use loops to your heart's content. However, if it takes more than a second to execute, it will fail.

Edit: I have also given it a max character limit of 50 for output, and all \r and \n are converted to spaces on output.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours