Quote:
14:51 <@shaun> !top
14:51 < DecBot3> The top scores are:
14:51 < DecBot3> c: 2234
14:51 < DecBot3> merth: 1337
14:51 < DecBot3> kermm: 1145

I have reached 1337 points! Our first non-programming-language to do so Smile
Hurrah!
Sort of a note to self: since Merthsoft is clearing all of the scores once we reach a sum of 20,000, I think we should post a news article at the same time with some of DecBot's greatest hits. We could talk about the different versions and upgrades, and some of the more popular terms and why they're popular. It would also serve to introduce the karma system to some of our members who might not be familiar with it.
Ooh, give us a fresh start for 2014.

I remember making it flood #flood once by giving it the command !calc help(math). Hehe.
Well, if we get 30 more points before 2014, then we can reset it then!
Just wondering, is this a one-time reset, or will it be reset every time it reaches 20,000?
I'm doing it manually, so I can really do it whenever I want. I just felt like 20,000 was a nice number to end it on Smile
Quote:
<Merth> !total
<DecBot3> The total score is 19999 points between 2391 names, with 272 links.
<Merth> Oooh, who's gonna get the last point?!/
<@KermM> I think Cemetech or DecBot should get it
<@KermM> Aha! https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=208321#208321
<tev> nikkybot: ++ something random
<nikkybot> tev: git is terrible
<geekboy> nikkybot++
<geekboy> Tada
<nikkybot> or find a dedicated computer store
* geekboy runs
<Merth> ding ding ding, we have 20,000!!!!

We hit 20k! That means it's time to reset it. Once I get back from the movies Razz
*bump*
Alright, here we have it, the brand new, empty decbot! I kept all the linked names because it would be a hassle otherwise.
The url is the same: http://merthsoft.com/DecBot.php
Enjoy!
*bump*
Added some stuff to the backend, which you guys don't need to do. Also added a new command to check what links exist:
!links <name>
or
!link <name>
Will return what links are on a person. Example:
<Merth> !links AHelper0
<DecBot3> ahelper (ahelper0) is linked to: ahelper31, ahelper4, ahelper3, ahelper2, ahelper1, error404, ahelper0, ahelpics, ahelper03, ahelper__, ahelper5, ahelper02, ahelper01, ahelper--, ahaunakah, ahelper0_.

Additionally, decbot does some more random things Wink
Very cool stuff, Merthsoft; I'm glad the 20,000-karma mark gave you the opportunity to clean house and add some new features, just in time for the new year. How long had the old karma tracking been running? Do you have any sort of daily/weekly/monthly stats? Also, I would love to either poke you to write the article you discussed or write it myself.
Any chance it'd be possible to ignore C? That's where the bulk of the points were and I feel like C should be ignored unless it's C++++ (C++) or in quotes ("C"++) or something.
KermMartian wrote:
Very cool stuff, Merthsoft; I'm glad the 20,000-karma mark gave you the opportunity to clean house and add some new features, just in time for the new year. How long had the old karma tracking been running? Do you have any sort of daily/weekly/monthly stats? Also, I would love to either poke you to write the article you discussed or write it myself.
Probably since around December 20-something of 2010. The first post is from the 28th, but it had been running for a few days before that. The article was your suggestion and seem to have an idea of what you want it to say, so I'll let you do it.

comicIDIOT wrote:
Any chance it'd be possible to ignore C? That's where the bulk of the points were and I feel like C should be ignored unless it's C++++ (C++) or in quotes ("C"++) or something.
C most certainly did not have the bulk of the points... C had about 12% of the total score. I had about 8%. Kerm had about 7%. C's points don't even make up half of the top 3. If we're going to ignore C, we might as well ignore me and Kerm, too. I mean, between C and Kerm, and Kerm and Benryves, the graph has the same change!

As I've said multiple times, I'm not going to have it ignore C++. Or Notepad++ or G++ or any other product who has a "++" at the end of its name.

EDIT: The news has been written, which includes DecBot's history! check it out here!
Decbot has now been put on cemetech's server, where it'll be a lot more stable I imagine than it was on mine Very Happy Hooray! Thanks to Kerm for helping out.
I'd like to have the source for the karma function of this bot because I'd like to implement karma in pimathbot on #omnimaga.

May I please have said source? I'm going to have to convert it to Java, assuming DecBot is not Java, but that's fine by me!
I'm not sure which part you mean by "the karma function".
merthsoft wrote:
I'm not sure which part you mean by "the karma function".
I think he wants all the code for handling ++, !link, !unlink, !karma, graph generation, and so on and so forth. I mentioned to him that you offered to put DecBot3 on #omnimaga, but he expressed interest in writing his own implementation.
It's not really writing his own if he just copies mine, but I'm willing to share it, anyway. I'm planning on putting it up on bitbucket soon.
Well, it's not writing my own, but more like re-writing yours in a different language. I'll give you credit for it, though.

Thanks for putting it up on bitbucket!
Here's the bitbucket repo for decbot:
https://bitbucket.org/merthsoft/decbot
Documentation is sparse. Other required things I made are also on bitbucket. Have fun!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 7 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours