Which?
HazeNET
 0%  [ 0 ]
BurstNET
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other (Explain in post)
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

I'm looking for a VPS that will cost ~$100 per year with 1gb of ram (or more). Currently found two:

HazeNET: $101 /year with
OpenVZ
1GB Dedicated RAM
2GB Burst RAM
40GB Hard Disk Space
Unmetered 6mbit Bandwidth (Or metered 100mbps)
1 Dedicated IP

BurstNET: $100 /year with
vePortal - CPU: 1.5GHZ, RAM: 1GB, DISKSPACE: 50GB, BANDWIDTH: 1000GB/MONTH

I want to host a LAMP and Mail Server as well as either a Minecraft dedi or Freebuild/ToB server.
Lucas W wrote:
I'm looking for a VPS that will cost ~$100 per year with 1gb of ram (or more). Currently found two:

[url=hazenet.co.uk]HazeNET[/url]: $101 /year with
OpenVZ
1GB Dedicated RAM
2GB Burst RAM
40GB Hard Disk Space
Unmetered 6mbit Bandwidth (Or metered 100mbps)
1 Dedicated IP

[url=burst.net]BurstNET[/url]: $100 /year with
vePortal - CPU: 1.5GHZ, RAM: 1GB, DISKSPACE: 50GB, BANDWIDTH: 1000GB/MONTH

I want to host a LAMP and Mail Server as well as either a Minecraft dedi or Freebuild/ToB server.

That's quite a bit you have there! Smile
I would strongly suggest avoiding OpenVZ - it's one of those software that lets hosts oversell on one server - meaning that they stuff accounts on the server like stuffing 1000 pigs into a small barn. (And no, I'm not a enviro/vege person, I'm just picking random things out of my head to use as an analogy. Razz) It's also sucks hard at Java stuff, something that I've experienced when using a VPS ran with OpenVZ.

Find a nice Xen (or even VMWare, like I have) host! Smile
I have used eNetSouth for my VPS (withg.us.to), and they're anything but bad! Smile The plans can be customized - don't take the front page prices!
"Cheap" = "Crappy" Sorry.
allynfolksjr wrote:
Seconded. You get what you pay for. $30/year Jatol disappeared without a trace, taking three months of forum posts with it. $60/year Surpass has been excellent for the past three years and counting, and I don't feel like they're going to up and disappear any time soon.
I suppose there's EC2.
allynfolksjr wrote:

Very true. Had to learn that the hard way. Now paying $15/month, and it's a LOT better.
allynfolksjr wrote:
I suppose there's EC2.

This might be something that may be of interest. It needs a credit card though, which is something that's a bit hard to find in this community. Razz
alberthrocks wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:

Very true. Had to learn that the hard way. Now paying $15/month, and it's a LOT better.
allynfolksjr wrote:
I suppose there's EC2.

This might be something that may be of interest. It needs a credit card though, which is something that's a bit hard to find in this community. Razz

On that free trial, it says if you go over you have to start paying and with 15gb in and 15gb outbound bandwidth, I might go over?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours