"Important" announcement from cfxm: http://ourl.ca/9205/299914

Wink
For those of you who don't like when people crosspost without giving us the courtesy of crossposting the content:

cfxm wrote:
Some people may know that I have been working on a new microSDK release. The aim was to not only make the Casio API easier to use, but to port it to the fx-9860G models and make it produce .g1a files.

Well, I have decided it is not worth the effort, because add-in development doesn't make sense to me at all: They don't officially support it and the API is error-prone and not documented well.

So, my far goal is to actually replace the entire OS with something more useful. This could take me a few years but I won't touch this add-in stuff again (except for hardware testing).

Maybe someone can implement .g1a support in the Cemetech SDK.
And I have uploaded the hardware manual for the SH7724 here: https://hotfile.com/dl/155041703/5e4dea7/sh7724.pdf
I got this from an embedded developer with all NDA stuff removed. So it should be legal to share this. It was first believed by brijohn that the Prizm SH7305 is similar to an SH7724 and later confirmed by Simon Lothar.

I just want to point out that it was actually Ashbad, AHelper, and myself who first tested out addresses to confirm that it was a 7724. Ashbad did it first, since the tip got overclocking working. Smile That's great to have an English version of the 7724 manual, though! Google has a Japanese version, which needless to say is significantly frustrating to try to read.
Quote:
For those of you who don't like when people crosspost without giving us the courtesy of crossposting the content:

I actually did this because I may remove the hotfile link soon.
The forum attachment system doesn't seem to work right now.
Ah, I see. Wait, but couldn't you just edit the post to remove the hotlink link? Smile At any rate, I appreciate you sharing the link with us, and hopefully it will lead us to some new breakthroughs with the hardware.
Quote:
Ah, I see. Wait, but couldn't you just edit the post to remove the hotlink link?

Didn't want to change it twice. Wink
Alternative URL of the same manual (SH7724) is here:
ftp://[user]:[pass]@ftp.america.renesas.com/ae_public/SH7724/Hardware_Manual/
MPoupe wrote:
Alternative URL of the same manual (SH7724) is here:
ftp://ftp.america.renesas.com/ae_public/SH7724/Hardware_Manual/
The site requests a username and password.
Is that the full manual, or the restricted one?
AHelper wrote:
Is that the full manual, or the restricted one?

It is the same - so the restricted one.
Please retry, I updated the link.
MPoupe - I temporarily edited your post to remove the Renesas Customer username and password. I'm not sure if it's legal that you have (and/or share) those credentials; please let me know if it's legal. If so, you may restore those credentials to your post.
Well, this is the topic to ask... Has anyone attempted to see what causes the Prizm to die when you overclock it? I haven't touched pover in a bit, but I am curious if we can disable as many interrupts in the OS, overclock to insane speeds, use the CPU to do stuff without leaving the addin (no syscalls, no hardware acces, just modifying the ram), downclock, then go back to normal. I am going to test this later today, but am just asking in case someone already tested this already.
I've always suspected that the RAM gets clocked too fast, which makes me suspect that we need to clock the RAM with some kind of divider. If we could clock up the CPU to some ridiculous speed while keeping the RAM down somewhere below 100MHz, as my theory goes, we could at least get the processing benefits of high speeds without having to worry about poorly-timed memory reads and writes.
Well, whenever I try to use Bdisp_PutDD (w/e), the screen doesn't copy right. It gets terribly distorted, like someone threw green paint at it. I blame peripherals, but :-\ it could be loads of things. Do we even know about interrupts on the CPU?
KermMartian wrote:
MPoupe - I temporarily edited your post to remove the Renesas Customer username and password. I'm not sure if it's legal that you have (and/or share) those credentials; please let me know if it's legal. If so, you may restore those credentials to your post.

Why do you think it is not legal ?
I have found it by google here:
http://www.renesasrulz.com/message/15931
Anyway the two pdf files are exactly the same.
If the login wasn't made public by the owner, then cemetech could be held responsible for distributing private user credentials.
Quote:

It was me who registered as simon2 and it was very hard to find this. Google didn't give you any useful results when searching for sh7724+manual.
If you go to the renesasrulz link, the user credentials are clearly given. I'm currently copying everything under the SH7724 directory, because it has some fairly interesting information.
cfxm wrote:
Quote:

It was me who registered as simon2 and it was very hard to find this. Google didn't give you any useful results when searching for sh7724+manual.

You should ask Kristaba, because he had begun a few months ago a new OS for Prizm.
He hasn't enough time to finish it, but he said he found a lot a researchs.

So you can contact him on Planete-Casio.
He describes his projet [url=http://www.planet-casio.com/Fr/forums/topic10104-1-Projet-FiXos-(OS-pour-casio-fx-9860-Prizm).html]here[/url] (sorry in french), and he post his last comment here.

PS : why Cemetech doesn't support my first link ?
I am revisiting the CPG and will see if I can get anything else out of it.

The default power-on mode isn't being accepted by the Prizm (for divisors). Will try other settings, as well as matching the multipliers.
I am seeing a lot of stuff that isn't allowed by the SH7730, so I am thinking that a CPG similar, but not the same, is being used.
Simon has updated his syscall/hardware documentation here: http://ourl.ca/8207/311914

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 11 of 13
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours