Daft Punk
Daft Punk
Kotoko - Re-Sublimity
Kotoko - Wing My Way
Kotoko - Agony
Kotoko - Lament
Kotoko - We Survive
Notice a pattern here? Smile
Rachmaninoff piano concerto no. 2, mvmt. 3 - Sergei Rachmaninoff (mvmt. 3 starts at 8:37 in this video)
Lars-Erik Larsson - Saxophone concerto, op.14, mvmt. 2
David Maslanka - Mountain Roads
Dizzy Gillespie - Sunny Side of the Street
John Coltrane - I Hear a Rhapsody

I would have posted music by the master of classical saxophone, Sigurd Rascher, but youtube is suspiciously devoid of his recordings Sad
38 Special - Caught Up In You - I've listened to this quite a bit recently. Amazing song.
Chicago - Questions 67 & 68 - One of my favorite Chicago tunes.
Boston - Peace of Mind - Everything off their debut album is amazing; this is just the piece that came to mind as one I wanted to share.
Switchfoot - Bullet Soul - Though a little newer and less clean sounding than the other tracks on the list, it's still one of my favorite songs.
Styx - Come Sail Away - Styx is another of those bands that has numerous songs that I like. This is one of the best.

Edit:
comicIDIOT wrote:
Lovestruck by Breathe Electric

I just love the background music and the vocals are equally great, but I like them secondary to the background music Wink
Though this song is outside of the genres I normally listen to, I'm going to look into the rest of the album; this track is awesome.
ztrumpet wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:

I just love the background music and the vocals are equally great, but I like them secondary to the background music Wink
Though this song is outside of the genres I normally listen to, I'm going to look into the rest of the album; this track is awesome.

Razz The rest of the album is mediocre. I'd buy just the song if you like it, I bought the album for $5.94 off iTunes but none of the songs are as great as "Lovestruck," but there not disappointments in my opinion.
comicIDIOT wrote:
ztrumpet wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:

Razz The rest of the album is mediocre. I'd buy just the song if you like it, I bought the album for $5.94 off iTunes but none of the songs are as great as "Lovestruck," but there not disappointments in my opinion.
According to the 30 second previews on Amazon and that fact that I keep replaying Lovestruck on Youtube, the only thing dissuading me from buying the album is that it's only available for MP3 download. (I like CDs better)
Ah, I have never noticed the difference between CD's, MP3's and FLAC even though I've heard each of them on the same audio system under a demo. Do you prefer CD's for their quality or just for the material ownership?

If you have nothing against burned CD's, that's always an option.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Do you prefer CD's for their quality or just for the material ownership?

If you have nothing against burned CD's, that's always an option.
For me, it's the material ownership. I don't like burning CDs as the "hardcopy" because it just feels weird to me. I can't really explain why.
Ok,
1.)Bring me to live | Evanesence
2.) 3 doors Down Kryptonite
3.)Fight Inside by Red
4.) Monster by skillet
5.)No PlanB by Manafest

Wow. I just realized.. I listen to a lot of different types of music.

hmmm. That fifth choice was hard.
ztrumpet wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:
ztrumpet wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:

According to the 30 second previews on Amazon and that fact that I keep replaying Lovestruck on Youtube, the only thing dissuading me from buying the album is that it's only available for MP3 download. (I like CDs better)
One reason why I don't offer my music albums as CDs is because if it ever sell well, it will be a major PITA to have to constantly go to the post office to ship 50 albums a week one by one, not to mention the extra fees coming with that and thus having to charge a lot more for my music.

Some companies offers to create the CDs for you, but they usually charge an incredible amount of money, takes almost all of your sales or they are scams.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Ah, I have never noticed the difference between CD's, MP3's and FLAC even though I've heard each of them on the same audio system under a demo.
I take it you've not bought MP3s from Amazon? I only do so if they are significantly cheaper than the CD version, as I've had quite a few with ripping problems (the ends of tracks being cut short, odd crackles or pops or clipping issues). The CD version is often cheaper, in any case, so I just go for that.
I have not, but I do buy single songs from iTunes regularly. The occasional tangible CD that I do buy, I've had no issues with ripping them to my computer.
I mean the MP3s supplied through Amazon occasionally have ripping issues, the CDs are fine which is why I prefer to buy them (especially as they are often cheaper).
Oh! Got it, I read that wrong.
Uhm I hope that didn't happen to TotKotM... Shock

I'll try buying my own release from there later to make sure they did things right. All I know is that The Land of Hopelessness quality might be a tad lower than the 9 other songs because it was saved in 44100 Hz rather than 48000 to fit within the 100 MB limit my distribution service had per WAV file, but I hope Amazon didn't screw my release up.

It would be outrageous if the MP3 quality was lower than on other sites my music is available to when Amazon charges $8.99 for it and I charge $4.99 on Bandcamp (since the latter let me choose my price)...
I bought a rock song, White Rabbit below, recently and it's caused me to explore my old rock genre music. So, prepare for some nostalgia perhaps.

1. White Rabbit by Egypt Central
  2. Paralyzer by Finger Eleven
  3. Los Angeles by Sugarcult
  4. Personal Jesus by Marilyn Manson
  5. Riot by Three Days Grace
Miike Snow-The Rabbit (Video is slightly NSFW)
Starf*cker- Julius
Vampire Weekend- Giving up the Gun
Blind Pilot- 3 rounds and a Sound
Yuck-Get Away

Other notable artists: Beach House, Arctic Monkeys, The Strokes, The Killers, Two Door Cinema Club, The Drums, The Fratellis, The Kooks, OK Go, Neutral Milk Hotel, Tokyo Police Club, Washed Out
I like OK Go's early stuff. They've gotten a lot more eclectic over the years.
Some newer stuff, eh? Alright..

Hiroyuki Sawano - κr0nё
Chilling build-up into rather anticlimactic fanfare.

Necro Facility - Fall Apart
Solid beats, noodly synth lines, and a good vocal hook.

ClariS - Naisho no Hanashi
Tricky backing rhythms, pleasing melody.

Nine Inch Nails - The Great Destroyer (Modwheelmood remix)
Drone, but there's a thread to follow.

System Syn - Funeral (Not for streaming anywhere? Lame.)
Crunchy.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours