KermMartian wrote:
The passwords don't seem that random at all to me; what's the algorithm?

They are totally random! Why do you say they aren't??

The 'thegame' is a fake image:S
New Utilitie added, a Binary/Decimal converter!

Concerning my password generator, I'm no PHP expert, so I'd like to know if it is possible to make the generated password show up in a textBox. Also, I am aware that there are textFields and Text Area's, which one should i be using? Any piece of code or help would be really helpful.
ScoutDavid wrote:
New Utilitie added, a Binary/Decimal converter!

Concerning my password generator, I'm no PHP expert, so I'd like to know if it is possible to make the generated password show up in a textBox. Also, I am aware that there are textFields and Text Area's, which one should i be using? Any piece of code or help would be really helpful.
There are <input type="text" .../>, which are single-line text input, and there are <textarea>stuff</textarea>, which are multiline text input. You'll probably want something like this in your code:

Code:
<?php
//...stuff...
echo '<input type="text" value="'.$generated_pass.'" readonly />';
//...stuff...
?>

Also, your passwords are only lowercase letters. I would recommend doing something about that.
And numbers would be nice too.
Svenne wrote:
And numbers would be nice too.
Yeah, I was thinking A-Z, a-z, 0-9, and a handful of symbols.
Finished!

www.davidgom.co.cc/random.php

In a few minutes I'll give the user the change to choose strength AND length of password!
ScoutDavid wrote:
Finished!

www.davidgom.co.cc/random.php

In a few minutes I'll give the user the change to choose strength AND length of password!
Much better; now it's something I would use. For what it's worth, though, I'd rather the password generation was being done clientside in Javascript so I wouldn't need to worry if your server was retaining a copy of the passwords generated.
KermMartian wrote:
You'll probably want something like this in your code:

Code:
<?php
//...stuff...
echo '<input type="text" value="'.$generated_pass.'" readonly />';
//...stuff...
?>

You should really escape strings before sending them to the browser. For example, what if the $generated_pass in the above contained a " character? This is especially important with user-generated content; you don't want people to be able to inject script tags into your pages, as that can lead to XSS attacks.

Code:
<?php
//...stuff...
echo '<input type="text" value="' . htmlspecialchars($generated_pass) . '" readonly="readonly" />';
//...stuff...
?>

(This is not aimed at Kerm and is not much of a concern in this instance but it's a good habit to get into; what if you updated the password generator to generate passwords containing " or < symbols in future but didn't update the code to display the password?)
You're right Kerm, but I don't know JavaScript.

PHP Doubt:

If I solve this problem, I'll release the new passgen right away:

I have a list box (you can see it in the website) and a textfield. How can I get the values from these two and use them as arguments in a function.

I have a function that takes two arguments, the arguments are the selected thing in the drop down box and the textfield. How can I get them AS arguments?

(I can get them by using $_GET["name"])
Regarding the converter, could the output be in the appropriate box? Like if I input some decimal number, then it would convert it and put it in the box for inputing binary numbers.
ScoutDavid wrote:
How can I get them AS arguments?

Didn't you just answer your own question?
KermMartian wrote:
ScoutDavid wrote:
How can I get them AS arguments?

Didn't you just answer your own question?

No, because I need to use them in the ARGUMENTS of a function, but it was already solved Smile
$return_val = functionname($_GET["name"],$_GET["name2"])..? With all the languages you use, I hope that's no big stretch of the imagination. Shock Also, I hope you're sanitizing your inputs.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours