Every single one of my projects are on hold indefinitely. You all have my parents to thank.
SirCmpwn wrote:
Every single one of my projects are on hold indefinitely. You all have my parents to thank.
Would you care to enumerate what those are, for the sake of clarity and for when they get started once again? I'm sure you'll elucidate what you mean by "on hold indefinitely" for us eventually.
I don't have a lot of time on here, so I'll keep it short. This applies to anything I have ever mentioned working on, and I don't know when I can pick them back up again.
SirCmpwn wrote:
I don't have a lot of time on here, so I'll keep it short. This applies to anything I have ever mentioned working on, and I don't know when I can pick them back up again.
Ah, I'm very sorry to hear it; hope things get fixed soon.
Thanks.
SirCmpwn wrote:
Thanks.
Most welcome; it's frustrating to see a fellow coder go through the same kind of stuff that I went through many years ago at that age.
Darn.
Sorry about the problems, SirCmpwn.
Sad
Sad
c.sprinkle wrote:
Darn.
Sorry about the problems, SirCmpwn.
Sad
Sad
Sadfaces indeed. Unfortunately, this is a continuation of an ongoing saga between SirCmpwn and his parents, so it was only a matter of time before it happened again.
Forwarded message from SirCmpwn reads:

SirCmpwn via Email wrote:
Hello,
The situation with my parents worsened. I am grounded until sometime in early 2011. My calculators and computer access have been taken away, and I cannot access another computer over break, which begins Friday. I will be unable to visit the forums during this time.
I would appreciate it if you were to relay these details on your respective forum.
Thanks, and see you next year.

Drew DeVault
Sent from my Windows Phone
Aw, that's just terrible Sad
Computers is one thing but to ground someone from a calc is just trying to find a way to piss them off. Needless to say this has happened to me before. I wish you the best of luck
Anakclusmos wrote:
...to ground someone from a calc is just trying to find a way to piss them off...
Confused No, it's a punishment. I'm sure you'll be seeing it the other way around if you're ever a parent. Unjustified, maybe, but not arbitrary.
Well, I doubt that this current generation will be like this when they are parents Razz
qazz42 wrote:
Well, I doubt that this current generation will be like this when they are parents Razz
You can't know that at all. I'd imagine there will be something new and disturbing to us that we'll be bothered by.
Hmm, our parent's are generally bother by new technology and the internet. We are used to that. I guess the only thing that would cause us to act like that would be the overuse of apple products by our offspring
qazz42 wrote:
Hmm, our parent's are generally bother by new technology and the internet. We are used to that. I guess the only thing that would cause us to act like that would be the overuse of apple products by our offspring
You're not thinking broadly and creatively enough, I think. I'd imagine there are plenty of new technologies that will bother us or with which our own insufficiencies will make us uncomfortable. Anyway, let's get this back on-topic.
But this new tangent is far more interesting.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
But this new tangent is far more interesting.
Indeed, it's quite interesting, but if it's interesting enough that you guys want to pursue it, it belongs in its own topic.
:/ Why does Sir's parents do this in the first place @SirC
qazz42 wrote:
:/ Why does Sir's parents do this in the first place @SirC
Well, from SirCmpwn's point of view, probably unfair punishment. From his parents' point of view, probably justified punishment for transgressions/.
Parents don't seem to understand that there is a level of importance when starting a project in a community like Cemetech. Programming is not a game, you can't just drop off anywhere when your writing a program. If you don't keep it active, it become old code which is frustrating to work with and can lead to only 2 options: restarting or a dead end. And like in Kerms case of not using z80 for a while and begining to forget it (the cphlde incident)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours