David's Journey
 7%  [ 1 ]
David's Quest
 50%  [ 7 ]
David's Tale
 21%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14

adamac15 wrote:
well, i havent had the time to do anything with it thus far. I just got back from NC.

does anybody have any suggestions on how to put a picture on a calc (besides TI-Connect? it ain't working)
As mentioned on the IRC channel, if the .8xi file is not sending, you should check if it's outside the Pic0-Pic9 range; if it is, TI-Connect will refuse to send it. It's a real .8xi though, right? You didn't rename a .jpg to a .8xi or something?
the pic im trying to get on the calc i had to rename from .bmp to .8xi
Is it 96x64?
adamac15 wrote:
the pic im trying to get on the calc i had to rename from .bmp to .8xi
No, that's not how it works at all. Razz /me sighs. Upload the .bmp image to SourceCoder, if it is 96x64 or smaller, and it will let you create a .8xi.
The TI website actually says to rename .bmp to .8xi for pictures on a calculator. I'm not sure, but I think it is (or was) under the GraphiTi section.
souvik1997 wrote:
The TI website actually says to rename .bmp to .8xi for pictures on a calculator. I'm not sure, but I think it is (or was) under the GraphiTi section.
What the hell is TI smoking? Are you serious?
I am serious, about six months ago I saw that written on TI's website. Surprised
I dont know, but all i do know is when i did it the first time, it worked. Now i dont know whats up.
adamac15 wrote:
I dont know, but all i do know is when i did it the first time, it worked. Now i dont know whats up.
Well, it shouldn't. Just use SourceCoder to convert your images to .8xi.
K still need to put the pic on my calc, but i dont have a computer to calc link cable for my TI-86. Anybody know where i can get one super cheap?
adamac15 wrote:
K still need to put the pic on my calc, but i dont have a computer to calc link cable for my TI-86. Anybody know where i can get one super cheap?
Office supply stores and eBay all sell the cables for about $20.
will the coding for the TI-86 be different for an RPG?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 5 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours