21%  [ 3 ]
David's Journey
 7%  [ 1 ]
David's Quest
 50%  [ 7 ]
David's Tale
 21%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14

I am thinking about making a game that is like Final Fantasy. Look at the names above, and vote. Poll will be available until next friday.
I always liked things with "tale", so how about "David's Tale"?
I've been on a recent crusade against the overuse of the word 'epic' for various reasons, so I chose "David's Quest", and it looks like I'm among the majority so far.
@merthsoft: Ill try to add that name.
@Kerm: How do i do that?
adamac15 wrote:
@merthsoft: Ill try to add that name.
@Kerm: How do i do that?
You can't, but I can, and I did. Smile
ah i see. thanks Kerm.
I just liked the way "David's Tale" seemed to roll off the tongue. Seemed nice, along with I feel there are too many "Quest" games out there. A nice story/tale would be a good change in my opinion. But maybe you should post a little demo or a screenshot to give us a feel for what it's like? What aspects your game focuses on (gameplay, story, content, etc.) could really affect what would be an appropriate title for the game.
MufinMcFlufin wrote:
I just liked the way "David's Tale" seemed to roll off the tongue. Seemed nice, along with I feel there are too many "Quest" games out there. A nice story/tale would be a good change in my opinion. But maybe you should post a little demo or a screenshot to give us a feel for what it's like? What aspects your game focuses on (gameplay, story, content, etc.) could really affect what would be an appropriate title for the game.
That's a very good point. I think that "David's Tale" is growing on me, I'll have to mull it some more.
Well I don't have much on it, but the goal of the quest is to rescue David's friend, Fred
KermMartian wrote:
I've been on a recent crusade against the overuse of the word 'epic' for various reasons, so I chose "David's Quest", and it looks like I'm among the majority so far.
But what if his quest is actually epic?
merthsoft wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Then I will have been wrong. It wouldn't be the first time. Razz
heres how the project is going to go down:
1. Figure out storyline
2. Learn how to make this game
I came up with one -- the epic of david
What do the rest of you think about the name? Should we add it to the poll?
KermMartian wrote:
merthsoft wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Then I will have been wrong. It wouldn't be the first time. Razz
Of course, that being said, I think "epic" is overused, so even if it were correctly used in this context, I think it would be cheapened because of that, so:
Quote:
I came up with one -- the epic of david
Eh. I'm still a fan of "David's Tale".
I voted for David's Quest in the poll, but I'd be satisfied with both David's Quest and David's Tale. I think I'd prefer a title that omitted Epic, however.
im shortening the deadline for the name poll. Tomorrow at (whenever i get off from school).

Can you make that change Kerm?

Other than that, i need to learn how to make something like this.
adamac15 wrote:
im shortening the deadline for the name poll. Tomorrow at (whenever i get off from school).

Can you make that change Kerm?

Other than that, i need to learn how to make something like this.
Poll set to five days. On the subject of this topic, I notice that since I added David's Tale as an option, it got three votes, while David's Quest got only one additional vote.
I noticed that. Weird.

Anywho... how do i make this?
adamac15 wrote:
I noticed that. Weird.

Anywho... how do i make this?
I think that you first need to decide what kind of game you want to make exactly. You said "like Final Fantasy" - in what way? Gameplay? Graphicality? Something else?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours