So I thought this would be the perfect topic to make here, especially for Kerm so he can unleash his "grammar nazi" fury and make it entertaining at the same time.

Sadly I can't think of anything to add right this minute, so I will let someone else start with one. :p
When people use the term "Nazi" incorrectly. Such as "grammar nazi", "my parents are being nazis", or "my school is run by nazis".
Topics like this.

And Merth.

And Archtards.
merthsoft wrote:
When people use the term "Nazi" incorrectly. Such as "grammar nazi", "my parents are being nazis", or "my school is run by nazis".

When people can't stand a joke directed at how someone acts on a subject, especially when they give examples of how it is wrong.

And people who don't think a joke is a joke because it isn't funny.
Yup, the slaughter of 17 million people is a good thing to trivialize and turn in to a joke.
Stop Godwinning the topic when it's a mere four posts young. Razz

Hyperbole really grinds my gears (cf. the latest Maddox post). Getting a sandwich is not "epic win". Losing your pen is not "epic fail". Epic win is a win in an epic, for example an epic like one of Homer's masterful works. For that matter, "rofl" and "l o l" are hyperbole. I seriously doubt you're rolling on the floor and laughing, and I even doubt that you're laughing aloud. More likely, you're just inserting "l o l" as a filler word because you have poor vocabulary, are uncomfortable, or have slightly more intelligence than a particularly dense picnic table.
lol lol lol lol lol

Err... I mean... *runs to think of things that really "grind my gears"
KermMartian wrote:
Stop Godwinning the topic when it's a mere four posts young. Razz

Hyperbole really grinds my gears (cf. the latest Maddox post). Getting a sandwich is not "epic win". Losing your pen is not "epic fail". Epic win is a win in an epic, for example an epic like one of Homer's masterful works. For that matter, "rofl" and "l o l" are hyperbole. I seriously doubt your rolling on the floor and laughing, and I even doubt that you're laughing aloud. More likely, you're just inserting "l o l" as a filler word because you have poor vocabulary, are uncomfortable, or have slightly more intelligence than a particularly dense picnic table.
Hyperbole alert!
I think it's more excessive hyperbole. When you're using it as a rhetorical device to make a point, that's fine. When you accidentally dropped your pencil, it is not an "epic fail", and you have not really made a point.
When people dont use absolute units of time, like "in a few moments" .
souvik1997 wrote:

When people say they will be back in a few minutes, but they take at least an hour.
When people have to always be on time. It bugs me when they ask something like "Hey, where are we going?" and I answer "Somewhere, just wait." And then they get pissed because I don't keep track of stuff like that, or make it my goal to learn where we are going, doing, or what time we will be somewhere.
souvik1997 wrote:

when people pretend absolute units of time exist.
Sonlen wrote:
souvik1997 wrote:

When people say they will be back in a few minutes, but they take at least an hour.
Yeah, that grinds my gears too. If you're going to take an hour, tell me that, and it's no problem. If you tell me five minutes, and you take an hour, then I will be annoyed and consider my annoyance justified.
shmibs wrote:
souvik1997 wrote:

When pretend anything exists.
merthsoft wrote:
shmibs wrote:
souvik1997 wrote:

When pretend anything exists.

When I accidentally the exist
Oops!
Not using the clutch really grinds my gears.
Ouch. I can imagine!
The phrase "grinds my gears". Smile

The use of the word "super" as a synonym of "very".

The endless repetition of unfunny memes.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours