so today I found out that my Flip video recorder not only worked itself but also that thanks to the software on the camera I was able to record this video of my model train and some spare tracks I had.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zur-c1LKqZ4

Here is a video I recorded today of my layout in my basement. As I may have said to some of you before it is not even close to done and needs plenty of work. in this video I managed to pull together 13 of my cars for my two trains to pull. Ahead of them is my dummy train which pretty much just acts as a weight to keep the first engine from try to go too fast.

Woo, that was fun. Loved watching it—especially the mishap at 3:14. Smile
Here's the video for lazy people:

FiveForce, very nice! I particularly enjoyed riding on the train, and the chiptunes version of Fade to Black seemed to fit well for some reason
Weregoose wrote:
Woo, that was fun. Loved watching it—especially the mishap at 3:14. Smile

Yes, I had fun making this too. I have been wanting to do something similar for a long time but the actual family video recorder isn't reconized by my laptop. Today I ended up finding out that the flip recorder I had wasn't broken and only needed a good set of batteries. I plan on trying to record the work in progress of my layout I have going in my basement.

I had alot of mishaps during the recording but I delete most thinking nothing of it.
I am very tempted to do something similar with my camera. Now, to go out and buy a train set!

I liked the angle from 2:26, great video!
KermMartian wrote:
FiveForce, very nice! I particularly enjoyed riding on the train, and the chiptunes version of Fade to Black seemed to fit well for some reason

Thanks, I thought it fit well too, at least better than the other ones I applied to the video before uploading. Razz
comicIDIOT wrote:
I am very tempted to do something similar with my camera. Now, to go out and buy a train set!

The difference is that his Flip weighs about 8oz, probably, and your massive SLR is probably five pounds. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:

The difference is that his Flip weighs about 8oz, probably, and your massive SLR is probably five pounds. Smile

Yes but if he buys a large scale it might not matter. Razz

At least it might, my flip was a pain to keep on the car I took apart for it. loved to side off the car. I should remeber to find a string or large rubber band. maybe even another form of support and make a car dedicated for my camera.
I don't plan to put my camera on the train x) Besides, I'd need tons of room to work in, my 83mm lens doesn't zoom so I'd have to be quite a ways back Very Happy
comicIDIOT wrote:
I don't plan to put my camera on the train x) Besides, I'd need tons of room to work in, my 83mm lens doesn't zoom so I'd have to be quite a ways back Very Happy
Ah, so you want to do trackside photos? I think with your skills you could do some cool stuff with that.

@FiveForce: Very nice!
Very Happy I know what I'm doing over Christmas break! (besides Freebuild of course)
elfprince13 wrote:
Very Happy I know what I'm doing over Christmas break! (besides Freebuild of course)
I hope it's working with me to put trains in Freebuild so we can take these kind of videos ingame. Smile
Well that may be a summer project depending on how the proposed collaboration to integrate Bullet goes....but I'm definitely motived to be pulling out some of the trains in the Lego-room at home.
elfprince13 wrote:
Well that may be a summer project depending on how the proposed collaboration to integrate Bullet goes....but I'm definitely motived to be pulling out some of the trains in the Lego-room at home.
Very nice; you'll have to post lots of Candids about that, then.
Absolutely Very Happy
elfprince13 wrote:
Absolutely Very Happy
I'm glad to hear it; I shall of course look forward to seeing the creations that you come up with. I would share in your conviction to make cool Lego train layouts, but my set is scattered somewhat far and wide in my apartment, and it would take a long time to sort out the train- and non-train-related pieces.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours