Ashbad wrote:
so, it's z80 now, here's the specs:

individual project for me alone now

4 level gray graphics
And a four-page App, as previously stated. Oh, and of course everyone with the requisite knowledge here would be happy to help you figure out ASM concepts or algorithms that you get stuck on, regardless of whether they're project members or not.

Quote:
yes that's a pun Razz
Excellent; in that case, nice pun. Smile
well cool that everyone will help me! I'll definately work on on this then.

yes it is a pretty excellent pun Razz
Ashbad wrote:
well cool that everyone will help me! I'll definately work on on this then.
Excellent to hear. Just be sure that you don't get frustrated if at some point everyone is too busy with their own stuff to help immediately. Smile
Ashbad, could you make it in Axe so I can help? Axe can make apps too.
From what I've heard, Ashbad's game is going to be a multi-page app, and Axe can't compile multi-page apps (yet).
souvik1997 wrote:
From what I've heard, Ashbad's game is going to be a multi-page app, and Axe can't compile multi-page apps (yet).
Yup, that was discussed in another recent topic. Plus, don't forget that even though Axe is fast, pure ASM is much faster still, so if Ashbad wants to create something of the massive scale that he seems to be envisioning, I think ASM would still be the better choice.
Yeah, I just wanted to be able to offer help.
Maybe you could do some spriting or create artwork.
c.sprinkle wrote:
Yeah, I just wanted to be able to offer help.
I'm sure you would still be able to help with sprite creation, map generation, interface design, and all the other non-coding aspects.
I could- depending on what Ashbad wants.
I'll think, but yeah I could use some help designing the overworld. and maybe some dungeons. not quite yet though, but maybe within the next week or so Wink

and for now I'm good with spriting, but i'm planning 6 sets of 256 tiles each so yeah maybe by next week I'll admit I need help and get you in the picture Wink

and, you're the first person who approached ME to get on the team, before I disbanded the original 'Team' I had to convince people.

In fact, you know what, I will have stuff for you to do next week. I'll send you a PM this weekend with some requests, and I'll give you creadit for them in the game credits Very Happy
I'm glad to hear on SAX that you're making steady progress on the overworld, Ashbad. Smile I hope we'll get to see some cool screenshots soon!
Here's two mock-ups of overworld screens:

the house is lacking right now but I shall fix it later Wink
Ashbad- I can't actually program ASM (because of stupid macs-won't-run-.exe-files errors) , but I can learn the theory of ASM to help.
Nice screenshots, though.
Ah, I probably will get help of coding from people here in cemetech and on omnimaga, but I need more help with the multitude of sprites/tiles and the overworld design (like the design of the actual maps)
c.sprinkle wrote:
Ashbad- I can't actually program ASM (because of stupid macs-won't-run-.exe-files errors) , but I can learn the theory of ASM to help.
Nice screenshots, though.
How many times am I going to have to tell you to use the Doors CS SDK with Mono? Shock
?

what's mono?
I may be able to help somewhat with the coding aspect of the project. I'm doing an RPG (Escheron: Shadow over Ragnoth) with 4 level grayscale and it currently spans 5 pages at the moment. The thing's expected to expand to about 7 pages with all the text data that still needs to be input.

Ask if you need help.
Ashbad wrote:
?

what's mono?
Mono lets you run Windows CLI programs on Mac OS X and on Linux. You can use it to compile programs with the DCS SDK.
Iambian wrote:
I may be able to help somewhat with the coding aspect of the project. I'm doing an RPG (Escheron: Shadow over Ragnoth) with 4 level grayscale and it currently spans 5 pages at the moment. The thing's expected to expand to about 7 pages with all the text data that still needs to be input.

Ask if you need help.

I might need help. 7 pages... that's... large!

hopefully I can keep within 4, I'll try my best to optimize!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours