I am working on a neat Subhunt-type game with a twist. It's called Wolfpack. Set in World War II, you must complete three rigorous missions and defeat the Nazi U-boats to achieve superior points. This should be released by the end of the week!
[/b]
c.sprinkle wrote:
I am working on a neat Subhunt-type game with a twist. It's called Wolfpack. Set in World War II, you must complete three rigorous missions and defeat the Nazi U-boats to achieve superior points. This should be released by the end of the week!
Welcome to Cemetech, c.sprinkle! You should of course introduce yourself in the appropriate topic, and tell us more about your project here. Is it pure BASIC, or do you use the hybrid libraries? Do you have any screenshots? Do you want to post any code for optimization help?
I downloaded your version from Ticalc, and it appears either your .gifs are broken, or that you renamed your calc's picture variables (Pic0-Pic9) into .gifs. Either way, you can't run the game unless you have Pic5 downloaded onto your calc. I'm going to try the version from Cemetech real quick.

Edit: Nevermind, I can't find it in Cemetech unless it was uploaded more than 7 days ago.
Yeah, that was the version I put up a really long time ago. I'm not sure if it works. . .
The new one isn't published yet, but it will be significantly better. However, the CalcLock works really well if you want to have a look. You can look at the source, just ask before using it.

Edit: If you want to look, I have all the files for an intermediate version, so I can upload it now.
Sorry to be a butt... but, please don't double post. If you have something to add and your last post was posted less than 24 hours ago, and you were the last poster, then please use the Edit button.

Can you go ahead and reupload the source (or at least, what you meant in your second post) Smile
I did- I think. Sorry- I didn't notice the Edit button!
My reply to Kerm's question:

The code section I could use help on is the section that displays the normal sprites:

identity(5,Str0,Q,12,1,8,0,0,0
identity(5,Str0,L₁(1),L₁(2),1,8,0,0,0
identity(5,Str0,L₁(3),L₁(4),1,8,0,0,0
identity(5,Str0,L₁(5),L₁(6),1,8,0,0,0
identity(5,Str1,P,12,1,8,0,0,0
identity(5,Str2,A,B,1,8,0,0,0
identity(5,Str2,C,D,1,8,0,0,0
identity(5,Str2,E,F,1,8,0,0,1

where Q is the old position of your boat, P is the new one, and A-F are the sub x and y coordinates. The L1 data is the old positions of the subs.

Also, why do you need to say
:DCS6
instead of just
:DCS
in order to use a 16x16 icon?
Here is the menu code from Final Invasion. See if you can help me with it. Thanks.

.Primary menu
Lbl PM
0→K
ClrDraw
ClrHome
Text(6,0,"Final Invasion
Text(16,16,"New Game
Text(16,32,"Load Game
Text(16,48,"Quit F.I.
StoreGDB
1→P

Repeat K=54
getKey→K

Pt-Off(4,16,Pic000
Pt-Off(4,32,Pic000
Pt-Off(4,48,Pic000

If P=1
Pt-Off(4,16,Pic1C1
End

If P=2
Pt-Off(4,32,Pic1C1
End

If P=3
Pt-Off(4,48,Pic1C1
End

P+(K=1)-(K=4)→P
If P=0
1→P
End
If P=4
3→P
End
DispGraph
End

If P=3
Goto QQ
End
If P=2
Goto LG
End
If P=1
Goto NG
End

Both!
Please use the Edit button instead of mulitiposting, it looks like this:
You -d-o-u-b-l-e- triple-posted again. Please don't double-post, and please also don't write your posts in giant font. We can read normal sized posts.

Regarding your questions:
> Doors CS icons: :DCS indicates 8x8 icons; :DCS6 indicates 16x16 icons. Doors CS 6 was the first version to introduce a 16x16 option, whereas previous versions allowed only 8x8. Cf. http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=BASIC_Header
> Regarding all the code you presented: Did you want us to help optimize or debug (or both)?
KermMartian wrote:
You -d-o-u-b-l-e- triple-posted again. Please don't double-post, and please also don't write your posts in giant font. We can read normal sized posts.

Regarding your questions:
> Doors CS icons: :DCS indicates 8x8 icons; :DCS6 indicates 16x16 icons. Doors CS 6 was the first version to introduce a 16x16 option, whereas previous versions allowed only 8x8. Cf. http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=BASIC_Header
> Regarding all the code you presented: Did you want us to help optimize or debug (or both)?

Holy Hell, that was worse then your comment to me for my accidental triple posting, though you didn't know it was an accident at first. Surprised
Sonlen, what do you mean? He wrapped the entirety of one of his posts in [size=18] tags, which is what I was talking about.

C.sprinkle: I notice a lot of chunks of code like this:
Code:
If P=1
Pt-Off(4,16,Pic1C1
End
You should be aware that there are two ways to use If. If you only have a single statement to use with If, you can omit the End, for example:
Code:
If A>8
402+C->D
However, if you have more than one line, you need BOTH a Then and an End. You can't use just an End:
Code:
If A>8:Then
402+C->D
Disp "SECOND CONDITIONAL
End

A final tip: do you know about SourceCoder? http://sc.cemetech.net
This is Axe, thus the If always needs End but never Then.

Yeah, I tried that earlier today and it didn't work. What a shame- I get tired of the same repetitive icons.
c.sprinkle wrote:
This is Axe, thus the If always needs End but never Then.
Ahh, that makes sense. You can't use the Doors CS headers in their BASIC form with Axe code, then...
Kerm, you should learn Axe. I am sure that your programs would greatly increase interest in Axe. Also, this is probably not the right place to post this, but is there a way to learn z80 TI-OS ASM if you have a Mac?
c.sprinkle wrote:
Kerm, you should learn Axe. I am sure that your programs would greatly increase interest in Axe. Also, this is probably not the right place to post this, but is there a way to learn z80 TI-OS ASM if you have a Mac?
This is the right site to ask on, just not the right topic. Smile I carefully built the Doors CS SDK to work properly on Windows, OS X, and any Linux distro that you can install Mono on.

Quote:
Yeah, I tried that earlier today and it didn't work. What a shame- I get tired of the same repetitive icons.
Which didn't work? Which repetitive icons are you tired of?
The Axe icons. The thing I tried was including an icon in an Axe file.
c.sprinkle wrote:
The Axe icons. The thing I tried was including an icon in an Axe file.
Ah, that makes sense. I'm pretty sure that Axe might have a way to build Doors CS ASM icons into the programs, though, since Doors CS has huge varieties of things it supports for ASM programs' headers. It looks like you might already be using SourceCoder, since I see the "→" character in your source code that you posted?
Talk to Kevin Horowitz.
In the Routines topic on Omnimaga, SIrCmpwn posted some code to make a program for MOS/DCS that has a custom icon and description. It was really nice, wanna try finding it, or I can if you can't Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours