So I've been trying a lot of the games and animations in the archives on my TI-83, but for some reason, the 'Alert' animations keep crashing:

Error # 553
BASIC Ex Err:ARC
1. Quit
2. Goto error

The animations look fantastic in the screenshots, but I can't get them to run on my calc. Suggestions? I'm running DCS7
My guess is that something is archived.
am I not supposed to have pic5 on the flash/archive? Because otherwise it goes away whenever I clear ram...
Or does the whole thing only function from RAM?
That's probably it. Try unarchiving it and then running the program. 'Alert' must use pic5.
I'll be damned, that fixed it. I guess I'll make a backup now so if my ram ever gets cleared I can just restore it without having to individually add each file again. Thanks.
merthsoft wrote:
That's probably it. Try unarchiving it and then running the program. 'Alert' must use pic5.
As Merth correctly points out, although Doors CS is powerful enough to run BASIC programs from archive, and when the programmer specifies even unarchive subprograms, but since I wrote that trio of BASIC programs before I discovered the C3/xLIB libraries, I had no way of un/rearchiving pictures.
Would that be hard/not worthwhile to implement?
merthsoft wrote:
Would that be hard/not worthwhile to implement?
It would be quite easy using the third-party BASIC library function ToggleSet, aka det(0), but I don't think it's really worth it for me. Smile I'd be happy to show DShiznit how to modify the program, though.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours