Hah, great vision, it is indeed Notepad++, which I love.

I am now using XVI32 to 'try' to learn:

http://a.imageshack.us/img691/5035/makessensehex.png

Kerm, I'm having some succes with spaces after Disp's and Prompt's now:

http://codepad.org/hbfKpDRb
Better, but you're still creating literal strings containing the textual representation of the nibbles and bytes instead of a byte-based structure. Sad
KermMartian wrote:
Better, but you're still creating literal strings containing the textual representation of the nibbles and bytes instead of a byte-based structure. Sad

So, I should not be using $DE and $DD?
ScoutDavid wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

So, I should not be using $DE and $DD?
No, you need the byte values $DE and $DD, not the literal strings "$DD" and "$DE".

Code:

buf = bytearray()
# ... do some stuff, find some tokens, whatever
buf.append(0xde)

This, right?
ScoutDavid wrote:

Code:

buf = bytearray()
# ... do some stuff, find some tokens, whatever
buf.append(0xde)

This, right?
Now you're talking.
KermMartian wrote:
Ouch, I didn't even notice that he had done that; thanks Kllrnohj. While we're on the subject, I find Python's handling of byte arrays and related byte-based structure handling way, way more awkward than it needs to be, and writing a script that works properly on both 2.7 and 3.x (namely BinPac8x) is an exercise in migraines.

Well it isn't really designed to, lol. Also, 3.0 was a breaking release, you shouldn't be trying to bridge 2.x and 3.x with a single script.

But bytes in python isn't too hard, it just isn't as nice as the rest of python. It also helps if you understand the difference between a byte and a string, which ScoutDavid doesn't seem to...
Yeah, I'm sure he'll get it eventually though. And I can certainly appreciate that you're not supposed to bridge 2.x and 3.x in a single script; it's quite a painful trial-and-error process in some cases.
i USE 2.6 and I think Python 3 is just stupid, I don't agree with some of the updates, and if I ever release a txt to 8xp, I'll make it an .exe so that the source is not stolen as easily and people don't need python 2.x.

Now, I know what a string is, example : "$DD".

I know a byte is not a string, but I don't know how to make a byte =P, now that I google it, it starts making more sense, but I don't have much free time atmoment.
Basically a string is made up of characters; $DD is three characters. The dollar sign is a character (0x24, as it happens) and each D is a character (0x44, if anyone's interested). Therefore, the string "$DD" is the three-byte sequence 0x24, 0x44, 0x44. That's not what you want. You want sequences of the single bytes $DD and $DE (an others), aka 0xDD and 0xDE and others.
http://codepad.org/GJ33uxPt

In my PC it works, the Python in codepad.org is just not mine.

Like it?
ScoutDavid wrote:
http://codepad.org/GJ33uxPt

In my PC it works, the Python in codepad.org is just not mine.

Like it?
Looks like you need to import the bytearray (or byte?) package; I'll have to look up what package it is. Also:

Code:
for i in tokens:
 if (i == disp):
  finaltext += "$DE"
  buf.append(0xde)
 if (i == prompt):
  finaltext += "$DD"
  buf.append(0xdd)

Why are you still creating finaltext? There's really no purpose unless you want to see a textual representation of what's in the bytearray, and you could still generate that at the end by iterating over the bytearray.
Finaltext variable is for testing purposes xD

I don't need to import it, codepad.org python is an older version, probably.

I use 2.6.

ANYWAYS, all left is add all tokens and a header and a checksum Smile
ScoutDavid wrote:
ANYWAYS, all left is add all tokens and a header and a checksum Smile
Well no, because you're still doing token delimiting based on spaces. How would your code tokenize 3X+2?
'3X+2' I'll have to create tokens for 3, x and 2. Be right back.
ScoutDavid wrote:
'3X+2' I'll have to create tokens for 3, x and 2. Be right back.
OK, but my point is that your separation code separates tokens based on spaces. There's no spaces there, so your current code will think "3X+2" is a single token, correct?
No, I think it checks for spaces when there are spaces, I'll try that, if that doesn't work, I gotta make a better way to get tokens :s

I tried submatching, with no luck, though.
ScoutDavid wrote:
No, I think it checks for spaces when there are spaces, I'll try that, if that doesn't work, I gotta make a better way to get tokens :s

I tried submatching, with no luck, though.
Can you show me the submatching code that you tried and that failed so I can give it a critique? Or do you no longer have it?
If I manage to redo it, I will.

Token for +, -, * and /??

http://omnimaga.pastebin.com/raw.php?i=3KQ3PRFe

I can't seem to find it :s
Are you asking me what the tokens for those four mathematical operators are?

Code:
tAdd            EQU       70h         ; 70h '+'
tSub            EQU       71h         ; 71h '-'
tMul            EQU       82h         ; 82h  '*'
tDiv            EQU       83h         ; 83h  '/'

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours