Yes, calculator symbols, are all of them, PC programming languages only have a few....
ScoutDavid wrote:
Yes, calculator symbols, are all of them, PC programming languages only have a few....
Sooo, any progress on this? I'm somewhat confused why the scripts that that user presented aren't working for you, and I'm interested to hear further debugging results.
KermMartian wrote:
ScoutDavid wrote:
Sooo, any progress on this? I'm somewhat confused why the scripts that that user presented aren't working for you, and I'm interested to hear further debugging results.

Well, the other guy's scripts are not working. If they were I would make it Graphical User Interface, update it and release a way better one!

I managed to remove the ASCII Characters bug, check this:

http://www.python-forum.org/pythonforum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=22312

If I can't make this work, I'll move to C# :S
To answer the question that you asked on that forum, when it says "command window", in means the IDLE window that you just opened two steps previously. Also, I don't think adding a GUI would make it "way better" personally, as I prefer CLI programs for speed and simplicity, but to each his own. Also, if you do do that, be sure to credit the relevant parties for their assistance and code. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
To answer the question that you asked on that forum, when it says "command window", in means the IDLE window that you just opened two steps previously. Also, I don't think adding a GUI would make it "way better" personally, as I prefer CLI programs for speed and simplicity, but to each his own. Also, if you do do that, be sure to credit the relevant parties for their assistance and code. Smile

Of course, I always credit contributors! I'm not a thief!!!

I would make it better because if I could make it work, a text editor would convert the programs Smile

I did open IDLE, and inside IDLE pressed Open and opened the file, then in the idle command, I wrote the code for compiling and recompiling:

recompile ('D:\...','D:\...')
decompile ('D:\...','D:\...')

I don't think anybody could make it work, by the way, in the program's page other people are blaming
Ah, if you had a text editor converting the programs (similar to how SourceCoder works, I guess?), then that would indeed be easier. MY only concern would be if someone prefers a different text editor, for example Notepad++. Indeed, if you could make some kind of macros so that Notepad++ could recompile plaintext source to .8xps, that would be very cool. Finally, I feel like you're channeling Richard Nixon with the first line of your post. Wink Forgive the mistaken implication, I don't think you would fail to credit the original author. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Ah, if you had a text editor converting the programs (similar to how SourceCoder works, I guess?), then that would indeed be easier. MY only concern would be if someone prefers a different text editor, for example Notepad++. Indeed, if you could make some kind of macros so that Notepad++ could recompile plaintext source to .8xps, that would be very cool. Finally, I feel like you're channeling Richard Nixon with the first line of your post. Wink Forgive the mistaken implication, I don't think you would fail to credit the original author. Smile

Who is RIchard Nixon? The creator?
ScoutDavid wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Who is RIchard Nixon? The creator?
Surely you're joking! Shock Although I guess you're not American, so you're not familiar with famous US presidents. He was impeached and resigned after a scandal called Watergate:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Nixon
Richard Nixon! Now that makes some sense!!!

Now, I may be moving to C#, any recommendations?

Merth's Tokens is C#. I would prefer to make a team with him and help him out, but he refused it already.

So, I can ask him for help on making my own one, right?
Are you asking me to help you write a competing application?
merthsoft wrote:
Are you asking me to help you write a competing application?

Not sure if you noticed, but this is for learning purposes, I don't plan to upload it. In fact, only me would use it, if I do.

Let me explain:
-I'm learning C# and writing one would be cool to learn;
-If it gets cool, I will use it personally, since it would be scoutdavid-friendly and otherpeople-unfriendly;
-No, I don't plan to compete, since as you already know I really like Tokens and use it.
Well, I would certainly not refuse to answer any questions you have about C#, so ask away Smile benryves and sircmpwn are also C#'ers, so I'm sure they can help as well.
merthsoft wrote:
Well, I would certainly not refuse to answer any questions you have about C#, so ask away Smile benryves and sircmpwn are also C#'ers, so I'm sure they can help as well.

!!! SirCmpwn! He can help me lots, I think he's professional at C#, actually and I am in a C# Project with him, tiDE.

The only question I have a.t.m. are bytes, like in Python I would have

finalbytearray = bitearray()
# then for each token I would have finalbytearray.append(0xde)

Thus, I can create a byte 'variable' which will be the final file.

For each token found, it appends 0xde, 0xdd, according to the token to that array.

How can that be done in C#?
I find it easiest to start with a List of bytes and add them:

Code:
List<byte> byteList = new List<byte>;
byteList.add(0xde); // or whatever

And I am a professional C# developer; not that that necessarily makes me good (;
merthsoft wrote:
I find it easiest to start with a List of bytes and add them:

Code:

And I am a professional C# developer; not that that necessarily makes me good (;

That's what I do in python too, create a list and then add.

Thanks much, that piece of code is very useful!

Code:

The python matcher for the text (the engine that finds the tokens, like "Disp ", and "Prompt ", and "Pause " and the letters and nums like "H", "4", "7"; was the hardest thing to make, well, in fact, I never made it.

You can give me some advice or a piece of code or anything concerning this subject. However, it will be easier to find info on tokenizers in C# than in Python Very Happy
ScoutDavid wrote:
!!! SirCmpwn! He can help me lots, I think he's professional at C#, actually and I am in a C# Project with him, tiDE.
He's not a professional anything; he's a high school student. Razz Merth gets paid megabucks for professionally writing C#, so I'd certainly hold his skills in high regard. Razz

I'd still recommend the maximal substring matcher, even with C# as your language instead of Python.
KermMartian wrote:
ScoutDavid wrote:
He's not a professional anything; he's a high school student. Razz Merth gets paid megabucks for professionally writing C#, so I'd certainly hold his skills in high regard. Razz
That being said, he does seem like an abled coder.

Quote:
I'd still recommend the maximal substring matcher, even with C# as your language instead of Python.
This is basically what I do. You can do it with a hash table, though mine's a little more complex.
merthsoft wrote:
Quote:
This is basically what I do. You can do it with a hash table, though mine's a little more complex.
Hmm, I wonder if hashing might actually save me a few clock cycles. I tend to think that it wouldn't in the way I do it, but I definitely see how it could help you out, since you're probably dealing with a better and more efficient system to begin with. Smile
Do you recommend an Excel file for all the tokens?
ScoutDavid wrote:
Do you recommend an Excel file for all the tokens?
Personally I definitely do not. I'd rather at least have something easily-processable like a CSV file that can be parsed into an array. Merth would probably recommend XML, although that's not my personal choice.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours