It's probably in your code; I know it's not in ours.
KermMartian wrote:

this is one of the commands

Code:

function spawnarmy()
{
   %color = armycolortxt.getValue();
   %wep = armyweapontxt.getValue();
   %number = armynumbatxt.getValue();
   %client = AdminPlayerList.getSelectedId();
   commandtoserver('cFA',%client,%wep,%number,%color);
}

its not me Smile[/code]
know i should not post in this, but why do you spell spawn spwan? I hope it is a typo, but it is in all 3 of the buttons and in your post >.< .
Thermoman wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

this is one of the commands

Code:

function spawnarmy()
{
   %color = armycolortxt.getValue();
   %wep = armyweapontxt.getValue();
   %number = armynumbatxt.getValue();
   %client = AdminPlayerList.getSelectedId();
   commandtoserver('cFA',%client,%wep,%number,%color);
}

its not me Smile[/code]
Thermoman, how sure are you that the guiitem is "armynumbatxt" and not "armynumtxt"??
100% Smile
and their are more problems now and i havn't touched it
Oh dude... I see yourt problem. Commandtoserver() automatically adds the client number. You need to use:

Code:
commandtoserver('cFA',%wep,%number,%color);
All you have to do to set bot appearance is enter a player name. What's this garbage with selecting a player?
That's because he thought all the functions needed a client number. He didn't realize what %client in the commandtoserver was for - it's something sent by the Torque engine itself for CTSes.
nah u need to have %client %client is the player name....
w/out %client u have no things on the bots lol
i'll send you the latest version and u can mess w/ it
No, you're wrong, I guarantee it. In your call to commandtoserver, omit the %client% argument, and I am nearly positive it will work correctly.
will do

if it works i'll ship the gui out to u guys
Even if it doesn't, I'd love to have a copy of what you've made so far to mess around with and see how it works and what still needs to be completed.
KermMartian wrote:
Even if it doesn't, I'd love to have a copy of what you've made so far to mess around with and see how it works and what still needs to be completed.

so would jpez
im glad i have my own host Smile
i'll pack it up after my tweaks and let u guys work on it some
we might also wanna prevent the bots from getting nukes
ok so its funny when it crashes the ppl's servers i hate but it also crashes the servers of friend
Definitely block the bots from having nukes. I think that nukes should be banned entirely from the game, but that's just me. Too many computer crashes from idiotic n00bs getting admin under false pretenses and then nuking my computer to death. Razz
yep, in Lombax's server, you are warned to never touch a nuke if you want admin (I think the ability to iGob needs to be changed, like mods can load and save, but only admins can delete with it).
Yeah, they're correcting that for the patch if I heard correctly from the grapevine.
cool, that would be nice to see.
we need to start work on the AI bots again
i will fix that gui some day tho lol
Aye, I just bumped the thread to see what they're up to. You can find some more info here:
http://www.mix-networks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3044
Eh, I think it's ok if it goes in fits and starts. Nobody should be stressing themselves out about this.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 11 of 12
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours