if it sounds wrong, remember to play around with the tempo and the tracks you use, k?
ScoutDavid wrote:
_player1537 wrote:
You save it as a .asm, and then go to the command line and CD to the ASM directory of your DCS SDK (then you make sure the file you just created is in your "Source" directory, named something easy, like MT.asm). Then you run "compile MT" and send the file from the "exec" directory to your calculator Smile

heeheheheh that worked, even though it looks stupid on calc.

Anyways, thanks much!
Looks stupid on-calc, or sounds less good than you had hoped? Smile
if you need any help, send me the midi file and I will try to convert it for you Wink
qazz42 wrote:
if you need any help, send me the midi file and I will try to convert it for you Wink
Indeed, Qazz is getting to be quite the pro at this!
Yep, I finally got up to being able to convert gameboy midis (not perfect like I am with NES midis, but still)
qazz42 wrote:
Yep, I finally got up to being able to convert gameboy midis (not perfect like I am with NES midis, but still)
Gameboy MIDIs? You mean MIDIs made from Gameboy game music rather than NES game music...? I don't see why that would be significantly different. Smile
Quite different in fact Kerm, the gameboy MIDIs have much more tracks and are rather complicated most of the time `-`
Actually, from a hardware standpoint, Gameboy and NES sound hardware have mostly the same capabilities. It might just be that the game developers had more experience at that point Smile
calc84maniac wrote:
Actually, from a hardware standpoint, Gameboy and NES sound hardware have mostly the same capabilities. It might just be that the game developers had more experience at that point Smile
Mmm, that's more what I was expecting. Smile I look forward to seeing your magni opi though, Qazz42. Smile
Sadly calc84, I am finding that gameboy music just does not have a quality that nes music does Sad
qazz42 wrote:
Sadly calc84, I am finding that gameboy music just does not have a quality that nes music does Sad
*NES music. Can you clarify what you mean by that statement? Do you mean that MIDIs of Gameboy music are poorly sequenced, or that they're too complex compared with NES music for the converter to handle? (Or something else?)
I really need to find my adapter again so I can try this on my calcs. I might also try converting some songs if I ever get my z80 ASM environment setup (since there are no MIDI to mobiletunes 8xp file instant converter yet). I listened to some songs on emulators, though, and it's pretty nice, although I can't wait to listen on the real hardware, since I heard sound is much better than on WabbitEmu.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
I really need to find my adapter again so I can try this on my calcs. I might also try converting some songs if I ever get my z80 ASM environment setup (since there are no MIDI to mobiletunes 8xp file instant converter yet). I listened to some songs on emulators, though, and it's pretty nice, although I can't wait to listen on the real hardware, since I heard sound is much better than on WabbitEmu.
I of course would suggest that you use the DCS SDK for your ASM environment, considering that it aims to work properly on Mac OS, Windows, or Linux, as long as you have Python (and for non-Windows, Mono) available, without any extra work. Yeah, the on-hardware sound seems much, much better to me than what WabbitEmu emulates, although WabbitEmu still does a decent job. Smile
I've modified the Windows QuadPlayer song player to support the slightly different mobileTunes format (at least, I think I have, it seems to work with the bundled song files). It can be downloaded here (requires .NET 2.0).

I'd also encourage Kerm to update the bundled song files to be in line with the latest versions bundled with QuadPlayer. v1.1 also introduced support for loop points, but in a fashion that is backwards-compatible with v1.0.

Of course, it doesn't help that I only distributed the updated version of QuadPlayer by email and only uploaded it to ticalc.org comparatively recently - sorry about that!

Edit: I thought I'd fixed the tagging in the bundled files, but not really. Ah well. Smile The above program may still be useful, in any case.
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
*NES music. Can you clarify what you mean by that statement? Do you mean that MIDIs of Gameboy music are poorly sequenced, or that they're too complex compared with NES music for the converter to handle? (Or something else?)

Gameboy do seem to be poorly sequenced when compared to NES music :/

(just my personal opinion though)
qazz42 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:

Gameboy do seem to be poorly sequenced when compared to NES music :/

(just my personal opinion though)
Fair enough; you're certainly welcome to your opinion.

@Benryves: Awesome! I'll have to make the upgrade to mobileTunes (and perhaps the converter) when I get the chance.
benryves wrote:
I've modified the Windows QuadPlayer song player to support the slightly different mobileTunes format (at least, I think I have, it seems to work with the bundled song files). It can be downloaded here (requires .NET 2.0).

I'd also encourage Kerm to update the bundled song files to be in line with the latest versions bundled with QuadPlayer. v1.1 also introduced support for loop points, but in a fashion that is backwards-compatible with v1.0.

Of course, it doesn't help that I only distributed the updated version of QuadPlayer by email and only uploaded it to ticalc.org comparatively recently - sorry about that!

Edit: I thought I'd fixed the tagging in the bundled files, but not really. Ah well. Smile The above program may still be useful, in any case.

woah woah woah woah WHOAH! Since when has quadplayer been around and why have I not heard about it D:

wow, it is amazing! Everything comes out perfect :O
Quadplayer and mobileTunes are based on the same sound engine; since BenRyves had built such an excellent bit of code for QuadPlayer, mobileTunes took that and built a GUI around it. The converter was then my project to convert songs to that quad-channel format. Smile
ah, fair enough. Kerm, how do I make a temp file upload so I can share my first SNES conversion?
qazz42 wrote:
ah, fair enough. Kerm, how do I make a temp file upload so I can share my first SNES conversion?
Well, you can either upload it to any of the many file hosts on the internet, or if you feel it's good enough for the archives, you could upload to:

http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=folder&path=/83plus/asm/media/audio/

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours