KermMartian wrote:
JosJuice wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
JosJuice wrote:
6. Hiding an archived program makes DCS get stuck sometimes (infinite hourglass). I think it has also happened once when archiving a hidden program. Archive does not become corrupted if a battery is pulled.
Now this one is interesting. I've never happen to run across this before; is it replicable? In other words, is there a pattern to when it happens?
There doesn't seem to be a pattern to it, but it has happened a few times. The times it did happen was when I first deleted a program (hidden, archived) and sent a new program to the calc (archived), but I don't know if that has anything to do with it.
Have you done a full Mem Clear in between any of the instances? Is it possible you might have some corruption in your archive, or is that unlikely? I doubt that's the case; I'm just trying to think what could cause these symptoms.
The last time I did a full mem clear was when I screwed up the OS and had to resend it. The certificate seemed to be affected too - my calc was displaying the PTT Apps/Programs disabled message even though programs could be run correctly (running an app resulted in a RAM clear...) I did a full mem clear after all of this happened, and everything has worked fine since, except for this freezing problem with DCS. I didn't encounter it before the OS mess-up, but I didn't hide any programs back then.
JosJuice wrote:
The last time I did a full mem clear was when I screwed up the OS and had to resend it. The certificate seemed to be affected too - my calc was displaying the PTT Apps/Programs disabled message even though programs could be run correctly (running an app resulted in a RAM clear...) I did a full mem clear after all of this happened, and everything has worked fine since, except for this freezing problem with DCS. I didn't encounter it before the OS mess-up, but I didn't hide any programs back then.
Hmm, fair enough. I'm not sure where to start looking on this one, although I suppose I could load 2.43 onto one of my hardware calculators and try to replicate it. I see that my TI-84+ has 2.41, and my TI-84+SE has 2.40 (!!??!!).
KermMartian wrote:
When I set Xmin/Xmax/Ymin/Ymax in that same code I presented above, my test program works properly even immediately after a RAM clear, as per my instructions. If your program still has problems, I would double-check that you're not using the deltaX/deltaY shortcut.

I don't use either delta's to set it all, so I am just going to throw in a cleardraw at the start and hope that solves it all.
Sonlen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
When I set Xmin/Xmax/Ymin/Ymax in that same code I presented above, my test program works properly even immediately after a RAM clear, as per my instructions. If your program still has problems, I would double-check that you're not using the deltaX/deltaY shortcut.

I don't use either delta's to set it all, so I am just going to throw in a cleardraw at the start and hope that solves it all.
Sounds good. Can you test just your Xmin/max/Ymin/max setting code and the line drawing in a tiny program with and without ClrDraw before real(0,1) if you get a chance? I'd be curious in what way your results diverge from mine. Smile
New problem! This one appears to be pretty serious.

I renamed an unarchived DOCDE7 file to "deepkey" (lowercase). Because of the name, it was hidden from TI-OS, but it wasn't marked with an H in DCS. I tried using the Hide function in DCS, but it changed the first character in the file to some weird character. The file was still not marked as hidden. I did this a few more times (about five, I think), and a new strange character appeared every time. I decided to change the name to "DEEPKEY" so that there wouldn't be any problems. I also used DOCDE7 to delete all of the text from the file because I didn't need it anymore.

Everything seemed to be fine after this... Until I tried to make a backup of RAM a few minutes later. Hell broke loose. TI-Connect threw "Ã…tkomst nekad. (80070005)" (translation: Access denied.) errors at me when I tried to copy files from the calc. I tried to calculate 31 divided by 27, but the answer was "Done". A visit to the MEM menu showed me that RAM was full and the DEEPKEY program was 12 KB (I had 16 KB free RAM before this happened, so 12 KB shouldn't result in full RAM). Deleting it caused... (drum roll) a RAM clear!

So yeah, the backup made me lose data.
So, the lowercase letters aren't really valid hiding characters. Only $0x01 through $0x1B are used for hiding characters, usually. Let me guess: you're using the Direct USB cable with TI-Connect? I'm a bit baffled how things got corrupted, though; I'll try to do some experiments to narrow it down.
KermMartian wrote:
Let me guess: you're using the Direct USB cable with TI-Connect?
Yes. Surprisingly, it didn't disconnect every other connected USB device like it normally does.
JosJuice wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Let me guess: you're using the Direct USB cable with TI-Connect?
Yes. Surprisingly, it didn't disconnect every other connected USB device like it normally does.
I wonder if that had anything to do with it; personally, I've had absolutely horrible luck with the Direct USB link to the point where I don't ever bother trying to use it anymore.

Edit: I was able to replicate the problem with hiding a program starting with a lowercase letter, which by itself I can circumvent by forcing programs to start with an uppercase letter (ie, no non-uppercase, non-letter characters) before performing the hide. That won't solve whatever this weird other problem is, but it will hopefully prevent it from being reached in the first place. How does that sound?
KermMartian wrote:
Sonlen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Sounds good. Can you test just your Xmin/max/Ymin/max setting code and the line drawing in a tiny program with and without ClrDraw before real(0,1) if you get a chance? I'd be curious in what way your results diverge from mine. Smile

I have it figured out, ZStandard does something really strange, If you have that, you have to have a ClrDraw after a real(0) or it messes up, but if you don't use ZStandard, no ClrDraw is even needed, so it is something ZStandard does, I don't know what it does or flags it messes up, but I know for a fact that is what it is, I tried ZSquare and ZTrig to test it, and only ZStandard gave the issue.
KermMartian wrote:
Edit: I was able to replicate the problem with hiding a program starting with a lowercase letter, which by itself I can circumvent by forcing programs to start with an uppercase letter (ie, no non-uppercase, non-letter characters) before performing the hide. That won't solve whatever this weird other problem is, but it will hopefully prevent it from being reached in the first place. How does that sound?
That sounds good. TI-OS sure is strange, I wonder if the TI community will ever be able to figure out every single piece of it...
Sonlen wrote:
I have it figured out, ZStandard does something really strange, If you have that, you have to have a ClrDraw after a real(0) or it messes up, but if you don't use ZStandard, no ClrDraw is even needed, so it is something ZStandard does, I don't know what it does or flags it messes up, but I know for a fact that is what it is, I tried ZSquare and ZTrig to test it, and only ZStandard gave the issue.
Fascinating. I tested the program that you sent me, and ZStandard was indeed a problem.
KermMartian wrote:
Sonlen wrote:
Fascinating. I tested the program that you sent me, and ZStandard was indeed a problem.

I was hoping it wasn't just me losing my mind... again. :p
Nice to have what caused it figured out though.
I'm glad to hear it. Smile Final things before Doors CS 7.1 Beta 2:

(1) Circumvent JosJuice's rename/hide bug
(2) Merge the emulator and non-emulator CALCnet versions

Edit: Both of those are now complete.
yay, now we can move discussion to the Beta 2 topic Very Happy
qazz42 wrote:
yay, now we can move discussion to the Beta 2 topic Very Happy
Indeed; please continue in the Doors CS 7.1 Beta 2 topic.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 6 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours