Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
Doors CS 7.1 Beta 1 is the first (and with any luck, last) beta release of Doors CS 7.1, the first version to create fully-functional CALCnet2.2 drivers. It also offers several slight usability fixes and bug patches since Doors CS 7.0.1. Sadly, this beta release has been repeatedly pushed back due to unfortunate quantities of schoolwork and real life befalling me, but I'm happy to mention the following new items in Doors CS 7.1 Beta 1:

:: A rarely-encountered glitch causing the TI-OS to incorrect erase some xLIB/Celtic-rendered elements has been found and fixed
:: On the recommendations of users getting feedback from newbies, the Help screens are now mandatory the first time Doors CS is run on a new calculator
:: [ENTER] is a second alternative for left-clicking besides [TRACE] and [2nd]
:: Most importantly, the 900-byte CALCnet2.2 calculator networking driver is present, tested on everything from a pair of TI-83+s to a giant network of twelve TI-83+ through TI-84+SE calculators.

Two small programs, SpeedTest and NetPong v1.0, are included in this release to facilitate testing CALCnet. As always, your beta-testing helps me release a product that is stable and polished, so remember to let me know in the attached topic if you have any bug reports, especially with interactions between CALCnet2.2 and different mixes of calculator models. I also welcome feature requests, although with as few as 27 bytes free on one of the DCS 7.1 Beta 1 pages, I have extremely limited room for new features at this point. Please download, test, and enjoy!

Download
Doors CS 7.1 Beta 1

Woohoo! As soon as I have time, this is going on my calculator. I might also test CALCnet stuff. Nspire-83+ connection will work, right?
People care about Doors?
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Woohoo! As soon as I have time, this is going on my calculator. I might also test CALCnet stuff. Nspire-83+ connection will work, right?
That's the assumption! The CALCnet2.2 protocol is built to be unusually robust to timing jitter, so it should certainly work. I believe in previous NetPong 1.0 testing, Qazz tested an Nspire to 84+ network and found it to work properly. I would appreciate positive or negative results from all calculator combinations that you and everyone else try, though.
Woohooo, way to go Kerm, I look forward to helping any way I can in the future for DCS anything.
Sonlen wrote:
Woohooo, way to go Kerm, I look forward to helping any way I can in the future for DCS anything.
Great, thanks! For starters, you can verify my xLIB fix that you were helping me track down this evening, if possible.
KermMartian wrote:
Sonlen wrote:
Woohooo, way to go Kerm, I look forward to helping any way I can in the future for DCS anything.
Great, thanks! For starters, you can verify my xLIB fix that you were helping me track down this evening, if possible.


It is fixed on my end. Very Happy
I feel special now, I helped fix an annoying bug. :p
Sonlen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Sonlen wrote:
Woohooo, way to go Kerm, I look forward to helping any way I can in the future for DCS anything.
Great, thanks! For starters, you can verify my xLIB fix that you were helping me track down this evening, if possible.


It is fixed on my end. Very Happy
I feel special now, I helped fix an annoying bug. :p
Indeed you did. Smile Now I need to find a way to get in touch with that ZeroMP guy to let him know that it's fixed as well, as see if a third person can verify the fix. Sonlen, I'd also appreciate if you could test out any xLIB/Celtic programs or games that you've made or played to make sure I didn't inadvertently break anything new with the fix.
KermMartian wrote:
Sonlen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Sonlen wrote:
Woohooo, way to go Kerm, I look forward to helping any way I can in the future for DCS anything.
Great, thanks! For starters, you can verify my xLIB fix that you were helping me track down this evening, if possible.


It is fixed on my end. Very Happy
I feel special now, I helped fix an annoying bug. :p
Indeed you did. Smile Now I need to find a way to get in touch with that ZeroMP guy to let him know that it's fixed as well, as see if a third person can verify the fix. Sonlen, I'd also appreciate if you could test out any xLIB/Celtic programs or games that you've made or played to make sure I didn't inadvertently break anything new with the fix.


All I have is FFME to be honest, I will try out the XLib demo as that is all I can think of atm, but that will be after I get home tomorrow, if anyone can think of others, I will test those too.
Thanks Sonlen, I appreciate it. I'll try out some random xLIB games I have in my testing directory, including CDI/bspark's fun Metroid (and sadly incomplete) Metroid game. I was vaguely disappointed to see the strange issue in DJ Omni's Reuben Quest game was not repaired by this fix, although I didn't really think it would be.
Impressive work as always Kerm! I'm excitedly awaiting the release of the final version!
alrighty! DCS 7.1

Considering I can't find bugs, I guess I have to say you are teh win Kerm. Also, cacnet stuff too? Awesome, now I have stuff to test after school ^-^
Thanks Qazz, Elfprince13. I look forward to your results on beta-testing, especially with CALCnet. Let me know:

1) If SpeedTest hangs at all. Just run it on two calculators, and on a single calculator, press either [1] or [2]. It should send and receive continuously until you press [CLEAR]. For NetPong, it shouldn't get stuck trying to send from one calculator to the other.
2) If there are any xLIB or Celtic III or DCSB Lib-based programs that don't function correctly.
Sorry to hear you couldn't solve the Reuben Quest issue. I wonder if BrandonW might know what's up? To me, it sounded like it occured when the screen was in Horiz mode. That said, it seems to be an uncommon bug, though, because I tried a few other games and they worked fine. But again, they did not use Horiz, so...
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Sorry to hear you couldn't solve the Reuben Quest issue. I wonder if BrandonW might know what's up? To me, it sounded like it occured when the screen was in Horiz mode. That said, it seems to be an uncommon bug, though, because I tried a few other games and they worked fine. But again, they did not use Horiz, so...
Indeed, that's my suspicion too, that Horiz does something odd that Iambian and I don't handle. I've spent quite a few hours trying to track it down with no luck. Sad
*bump* JosJuice reported that Michael Vincent's ASM version of the Wacky Fun Random Numbar Generator crashes and displays a variety of weird behaviors when run from inside Doors CS (but not via HomeRun), and I've replicated all his problems. Unfortunately, the way that Michael chooses to issue errors, it's impossible for Doors CS to catch, even with an error handler wrapped around the ASM execution routines, which I just added. I'm trying to solve the other issues, though, including strange homescreen scrolling behavior and a failure of the mysterious undocumented BCALL 4E61.
is that xLib feature for recallPic in there?
JoeYoung wrote:
is that xLib feature for recallPic in there?
It most certainly is! Check out the page in the wiki:

http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=BasicLibs:RecallPic
nice!
KermMartian wrote:
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Sorry to hear you couldn't solve the Reuben Quest issue. I wonder if BrandonW might know what's up? To me, it sounded like it occured when the screen was in Horiz mode. That said, it seems to be an uncommon bug, though, because I tried a few other games and they worked fine. But again, they did not use Horiz, so...
Indeed, that's my suspicion too, that Horiz does something odd that Iambian and I don't handle. I've spent quite a few hours trying to track it down with no luck. Sad

Has anyone thought to ask tr1p1ea?
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 6
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement