Time for a new project. Im continuing on Choice 7, my 7th game in progress before Killer (last years project before school ended). It is just about random things that can happen. Choice 1-6 i will try to find on this computer and post it.
adamac15 wrote:
Time for a new project. Im continuing on Choice 7, my 7th game in progress before Killer (last years project before school ended). It is just about random things that can happen. Choice 1-6 i will try to find on this computer and post it.
Sounds like a plan. What's the basic plot of the Choice games? Also, I accepted your Killer game back to the archives.
As some of you know, i am working on Choice Endurance (CE), putting Choice 7 aside. But there is a change of plans. I will be busy these next two weeks (school, exams, etc.). So i am pausing CE until the break. My schools break starts on the 17th, a half day, and i will either work on it after school or on the following day, depending on what mood im in.
adamac15 wrote:
As some of you know, i am working on Choice Endurance (CE), putting Choice 7 aside. But there is a change of plans. I will be busy these next two weeks (school, exams, etc.). So i am pausing CE until the break. My schools break starts on the 17th, a half day, and i will either work on it after school or on the following day, depending on what mood im in.
That's a very smart move; I have a massive Algorithms exam in nineteen days, so I'm planning on stalling just about everything else in my life until that is over.
I hope you return soon! Good luck with finals!
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
I hope you return soon! Good luck with finals!
Seconded. Also, I realized I'm not entirely sure what kind of game/plot/etc Choice Endurance has, so if you happen to stop by beforefinals are over, I'd be interested to hear more about it.
It depends on what more you want to know about it.
adamac15 wrote:
It depends on what more you want to know about it.
Well, I presume that it's a menu-driven RPG-type game like the others in the Choice series? What makes it earn the Endurance in the title?
i have some corrections to make in it (additions), so its not set in stone yet. but you start out with 1000 health and as soon as you finish 1 fight, you get 500 health and have to fight more people til you lose.

These are the things i need to add.
Ah, so the Endurance refers to the length of gameplay compared with some of the previous titles in the series? That makes sense.
That is correct. But it is nowhere near done. ive got a lot of work to do.
adamac15 wrote:
That is correct. But it is nowhere near done. ive got a lot of work to do.
Nothing wrong with that; I feel like at least for me personally the process of developing a game or program is as fun or even more so than when the program/game is finished and released and I get to see people enjoying the fruits of my labors.
Yeah, but ever since i started programming, ive been rushing myself to finish every game in like a week or so. Ive got to stop doing that.
adamac15 wrote:
Yeah, but ever since i started programming, ive been rushing myself to finish every game in like a week or so. Ive got to stop doing that.
Yes, you definitely do. Smile TIFreak8x has been working on his TI-BASIC Pokemon Purple for six or seven years and counting, so you certainly can spend more than seven days on a project. Smile
6 to 7 years!? holy cow.
adamac15 wrote:
6 to 7 years!? holy cow.
Yup, he's quite the dedicated coder and community member. Smile
I believe it.
adamac15 wrote:
I believe it.
Are you open to the possibility of learning some more advanced techniques to use in Choice Endurance, or are you planning to finish Endurance with the current features you have planned, then learn more? I apologize if I asked you that already and forgot; as I typed the sentence I got some deja-vu.
lol. its alright.

Well, i would like to learn some more stuff to use in CE. The way it is now, it is boring.
adamac15 wrote:
0x5. its alright.

Well, i would like to learn some more stuff to use in CE. The way it is now, it is boring.
I doubt it's exactly boring, but you could certainly make it more exciting and flashier with a few advanced techniques in my opinion. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours