» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  

do u liek clauclautarz
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
 44%  [ 4 ]
yaaaaaaaaaaaa (but the ti80 sux)
 55%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 9

As some of you here know, besides calculator programming I also did electronic music. I'd say my electronic music is more on the extreme side, although there have been more and more exceptions in recent years as I explore new horizons. Almost everything made from 2002 to 2017 and since Summer 2022 began was made entirely using a Playstation 1 emulator with Music 2000/MTV Music Generator software. I mostly produce UK hardcore, happy hardcore, eurodance (90's style), power metal-inspired music, video game soundtrack and to a lesser extent ambient stuff. Since 2022 I've been producing plenty of italo-disco and synth-pop too.

EDIT Updated discography!
πŸ”΅Rave πŸ”΄Metal 🟣Multi

Demo/Mixtapes
(2003) πŸ”΅ Kevin Ouellet's Omnidance
(2003) πŸ”΅ Kevin Ouellet's Omnidance 2

Full-length albums:
(2007) πŸ”΅ Epic Journey through the Galaxy
(2007) πŸ”΅ Journey through the Moon Dark Side
(2007) πŸ”΅ Enter the Dream World
(2007) πŸ”΅ Angel in the Stars
(2008) πŸ”΅ It's the End of Time
(2009) 🟣 Destiny Knight
(2011) πŸ”΄ Tales of the Knight of the Moon
(2014) πŸ”΄ Ancient Kingdom of Omnimaga (Special Edition)
(2017) πŸ”΅ In UK Hardcore and Dance we Trust
(2017) 🟣 Illegal Music Chemistry
(2017) 🟣 Hardcore Spectrum Disorder
(2019) 🟣 Maze of Life
(2019) 🟣 Hardcore Bloodbath
(2021) 🟣 Illegal Music Chemistry II
(2022) 🟣 Hatansion
(2022) 🟣 32-Bit Rekt Part 1
(2022) 🟣 32-Bit Rekt Part 2
(2022) 🟣 32-Bit Rekt Overcharged
(2023) 🟣 The Bit Merge
(2023) πŸ”΄ Dream of Omnimaga
(2024) πŸ”΅ Hardcore for the 21st

Singles:
(2014) πŸ”΄ Unfinished
(2020) πŸ”΅ Ride the 90's
(2021) 🟣 Jingle Bells Before Halloween
(2022) 🟣 The Trifecta that Never Was

EP:
(2021) 🟣 Unclouded Future

Compilations:
(2007) πŸ”΅ Hardcore Armageddon (DJ Mix)
(2012) πŸ”΅ A Decade of Magic Hardcore (2002-2012)
(2012) πŸ”΅ A Decade of Omnidance (2002-12)
(2021) πŸ”΄ Ancient Kingdom of the Knight of the Moon
(2021) 🟣 Free Traxez
(2022) πŸ”΅ Another Decade of Magic Hardcore (2013-2022)
(2022) πŸ”΅ Hardcore Trifecta: 20 Years of Magic Hardcore (physical, multi-CD release only)
(2022) 🟣 32-Bit Rekt Trilogy

Original Soundtrack:
(2019) 🟣 Superstar Hero - The Original Soundtrack (Over 100 sales!)

My http://djomnimaga.music-2000.com landing page has some of my music links such as Spotify and Youtube Music and the merch page. Other links above lead to Bandcamp except for albums that have their own landing pages (leading to multiple services).
I discovered your music about two and a half years ago, and over my summer at a research program in 2008 in particular I have some fond memories associated with walking in the countryside while listening to your music on my laptop. Cheers, and keep up the good work.
Glad you like it. Which songs in particular do you like the most?
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Glad you like it. Which songs in particular do you like the most?

Epic Journey Through The Galaxy
Dark Side Of The Moon
Dancing Legend 2007
Star Knight

Those four are among my favorites as well as I can remember; I'll have to go back and re-enjoy them to verify that.
Ah cool, two of the songs I spent a lot of time on Very Happy.

I renamed DSOTM to Journey Through The Moon Dark Side in late 2007, though, because a bunch of Pink Floyd fanboys on Omnimaga got butthurt.
Yeah, I was a bit confused at the title at first, but it quickly became obvious that it was neither based on nor related to the Pink Floyd song.
To be honest, I did not even know Pink Floyd had a DSOTM album when I made that song. It may sound weird to some people, but the fact is that their music style just doesn't appeal to me. I prefer power metal and the fast sub-genres of electronic music, as well as video game music, so it's inevitable that I did not pay attention to which Pink Floyd albums existed. However, a bunch of people got offended that I use their album name, even if unintentionally, for an electronic dance song. After a month or two, I finally decided to answer their requests and change the name.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
To be honest, I did not even know Pink Floyd had a DSOTM album when I made that song. It may sound weird to some people, but the fact is that their music style just doesn't appeal to me. I prefer power metal and the fast sub-genres of electronic music, as well as video game music, so it's inevitable that I did not pay attention to which Pink Floyd albums existed. However, a bunch of people got offended that I use their album name, even if unintentionally, for an electronic dance song. After a month or two, I finally decided to answer their requests and change the name.
That's fair; I certainly assumed it was just a coincidence and you intended no reference to the original, considering the total difference in genres and lack of any musical phrasing similarities between the two.
Yeah. I also had this happen with other stuff before. An example is the Yuna character in my 83+ RPG The Reign of Legends 1. Back then, I did not have the money to buy the $500 PS2 over here and as a result, I fell behind in the gaming world and did not have the chance to check out Final Fantasy X. After finishing my game, I discovered that FFX also had a character called Yuna. Weird coincidence, because my game only came out less than a year after FFX and both games' Yuna characters are girls. Razz

As for the JTTMDS song, I wish I did not lose my project file in June 2007. I had backups but then I discovered a bunch of song projects including that one were missing. The only copy of the song I got is not very high quality (I did the mistake of saving in 128 kbps MP3, loading that MP3, editing stuff then re-saving again under that compression. After the edit, it lost even more quality.) and I wish I could provide a higher quality version, plus it would be nice to remix it instead of re-doing new versions from scratch.
I've been equally lax in the attention I've paid to the gaming world in general, considering that I have neither a console nor an inordinate need to get one, but I can't say that it's affected my calculator programming one way or another. Which is the JTTMDS song?
JTTMDS is the formerly called Dark Side Of The Moon song. It stands for Journey Through The Moon Dark Side. Razz
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
JTTMDS is the formerly called Dark Side Of The Moon song. It stands for Journey Through The Moon Dark Side. Razz
Ooooh, obviously. >_< Thanks. Do you have any original work that you're working on or have planned for the near future?
Sadly nope, I kinda lost interest following the TIMGUL (a forum about music that I used to run) flame wars. Afterward I only made like 4 or 5 songs, I think. Maybe in a few months, I'll suddently get inspiration to make a new song again.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Maybe in a few months, I'll suddently get inspiration to make a new song again.

well, if so there are plenty of people here who would love to hear it!
One thing I would like to experiment with since a long while ago is Eurobeat genre, or something close to it. So far, my attempts have been epic fail, though. I guess I just need to listen to more of that japaneese stuff. Razz
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
One thing I would like to experiment with since a long while ago is Eurobeat genre, or something close to it. So far, my attempts have been epic fail, though. I guess I just need to listen to more of that japaneese stuff. Razz
Sounds good, I'm sure it'll be an enjoyable work if you do indeed get around to it. Would you still be using the MTV Music Generator?
For eurobeat/eurodance/game yes. For some trance/UK hardcore, probably not, unless I stuck with '90s style.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
For eurobeat/eurodance/game yes. For some trance/UK hardcore, probably not, unless I stuck with '90s style.
Oh? What do you use instead, then? I have no plans to make any music, but I always have fun playing around with software, especially musical suites, so I'm curious about something else to mess around with. Smile
During Summer 2008, I experimented with many music softwares. Among them there was obviously the rest of the MTVMG series, but also Ejay Music Studio, Magix Music Maker 14 and 15, Sony ACID Pro/Music Studio 6 and 7 and FL Studio. Finally, the only ones I got comfortable with besides MTVMG1 were MTVMG2, Magix Music Maker 14 and Sony ACID Pro 7. I could not get used to the others or I just didn't like them as much. Even then, I still like MTVMG better because I can do stuff so fast in it. Also Magix 14 requires insane CPU ressources and Sony ACID has a long-time bug that causes your VSTi to not be saved with your projects, so when you reload your project, you have to setup all instruments everytime.

I should try Lmms at one point...
I don't mind insane CPU resources; my desktop is a Core 2 Quad with 8GB RAM, so I might try Magix 14. It doesn't sound like you're really overjoyed with any of those though, correct?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours