Official topic on how you found cemetech

I found it because of the DCS nspire power-offf bug and one thing lead to another and I am here to stay
I don't remember, but I found it and joined. They hated newbs back then (and still a bit now Razz), but the entire community was the same way, so I just hung out here despite their attempts to make me leave.
It's a cool forum, though, I'm glad to have stayed.
I found Cemetech through TI-Freakware forums. I had an issue and Kerm suggested I post on his forums where more people would see.

And, I've been here ever since.
I found it looking for help using google, and well I am glad I did.
MaxCoderz.
I found Cemetech through DCS, the best shell EVER!
I must have come here for some project or other of Kerm's that intrigued me. I think it may have been the Basic Elite. But that was more than half a decade ago Wink
aeTIos wrote:
I found Cemetech through DCS, the best shell EVER!
Thanks aeTIos! Welcome, I hope you enjoy your stay.

SirCmpwn wrote:
I don't remember, but I found it and joined. They hated newbs back then (and still a bit now Razz), but the entire community was the same way, so I just hung out here despite their attempts to make me leave.
Incorrect. We don't tolerate n00bs, while we are happy to help newbs. The latter ask questions, respectfully listen to the answers, and Google before asking something that has already been answered a thousand times. The former uses TERRIBLE GRAMMER L0LZ HAHA including myslpelings and poor, punctiattionn, asks questions that have already been answered many times, refuses to listen to answers even when they're repeated, and fails to learn from their mistakes.
I found out about Cemetech from a friend who also uses Cemetech.
I found Cemetech through Civilization Simulator back when it came out in March or April 2004. Back then, Cemetech was still on Geocities and used an old '90s style messageboard like Ticalc.org comments but much more text-based.

I did not have much interest about DCS back then, though, because it was still only for the 83, not the 83+. My interest for DCS grew slowly when 5.0 came out then I permanently switched to it when 6.7 betas or something came out.
adamac15 wrote:
I found out about Cemetech from a friend who also uses Cemetech.
Cheers, adamac. Am I correct in thinking that you used SourceCoder quite a bit before you started chatting on SAX and posting n the forum?

@DJ Omnimaga: Really, that late? You missed the whole Homestead phase of the site, then, although you are still (other than perhaps TIFreak8x) one of the longest-present members.
KermMartian wrote:
SirCmpwn wrote:
Incorrect. We don't tolerate n00bs, while we are happy to help newbs. The latter ask questions, respectfully listen to the answers, and Google before asking something that has already been answered a thousand times. The former uses TERRIBLE GRAMMER 0x5 HAHA including myslpelings and poor, punctiattionn, asks questions that have already been answered many times, refuses to listen to answers even when they're repeated, and fails to learn from their mistakes.

*ahem* The community was extremely hateful towards anyone new back when I joined. And nowadays, some users are still tend to hate on me for little reason (*cough* JoeYoung *cough* nikky *cough*)
@KermMartian: yes that is correct.
I think I came during the transition to/from max-coderz, because I don't see anything that is obviously my first post.
I still find it funny that I came here because of a bug. Something good came out of something bad `-`

weeee
@SirCmpwn: Here there be trolls.
Well, I found it through Omnimaga... back when Spybot45 reported on new posts on Cemetech too.

I read topics here, but didn't have an account. I created one when I needed to talk to KermM about using BinPac8x for my project (and making it work with Python 2.x).

I post occasionally and infrequently (usually just updates about projects), but I lurk in the forums and on #cemetech.
KermMartian wrote:
SirCmpwn wrote:
Incorrect. We don't tolerate n00bs, while we are happy to help newbs. The latter ask questions, respectfully listen to the answers, and Google before asking something that has already been answered a thousand times. The former uses TERRIBLE GRAMMER 0x5 HAHA including myslpelings and poor, punctiattionn, asks questions that have already been answered many times, refuses to listen to answers even when they're repeated, and fails to learn from their mistakes.

I will warn anyone ahead of time, bad spelling, grammar, and punctuation makes Kerm a mad Kerm, and when that happens, we all suffer. .___. Just remember good spelling, grammar, and punctuation habits and it will be a fun time. Very Happy
@adamac Excellent, I thought so. In fact, I think there aer a lot of users that use SourceCoder and never even realize there's also a vibrant community here.

@SirCmpwn: I respectfully disagree, if you don't mind.

elfprince13 wrote:
I must have come here for some project or other of Kerm's that intrigued me. I think it may have been the Basic Elite. But that was more than half a decade ago Wink
I think it might also have been CALCnet? In the 2006 CALCnet 2.2 breakthrough topic you mentioned that the "reason [you] came to Cemetech [was] finally coming to fruition".
KermMartian wrote:
@SirCmpwn: I respectfully disagree, if you don't mind.

I respect your opinion, and agree to disagree.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours