Wow I think that project definitively deserves a sub-forum. It's really great. I saw the newest screenshots and I can't find a word to describe the awesomeness of this.
I think this looks pretty good. The walls are fine with me as well.
Thank you very much. I have had very little time to work on this project recently, sorry. Sad

Here's a screenshot from December that I didn't post here:

This was to illustrate the code to allow "things" to be moved around the map. This involves taking them out of their current sub-sector and moving them into their new sub-sector; as I'm using a linked list to assign things to sub-sectors this code is pretty straightforward. The above screenshot shows me moving a thing around the map. It also highlights one rendering bug I hadn't envisaged caused by the centre of the thing being in one sub-sector but overhanging into an adjacent one - this is responsible for the right hand side of the sprite being chopped off when viewed from certain positions in the above demonstration, as the right edge is in the nearer sub-sector (which is drawn first) and the rest of the object is in the further sub-sector (which is drawn afterwards, and so is clipped against the nearer sub-sector).

I hope I'll be able to get back into this project soon!
benryves wrote:
Thank you very much. I have had very little time to work on this project recently, sorry. Sad

That looks really good. I was wondering about the motion of the character. Keep up the good work. Your welcome.
I hope you have some more time for it as well, Ben; I'm still hoping for a CALCnet2.2 multiplayer version, as infeasible as I know that might be. Smile Sorry to hear about the rendering bug, but I'm sure you'll figure out a good way to resolve it.
wow, a calcnet 2.2 version? that would be sooo awesome...

then I would buy tons of cables JUST FOR THAT! Very Happy Very Happy
Ashbad wrote:
wow, a calcnet 2.2 version? that would be sooo awesome...

then I would buy tons of cables JUST FOR THAT! Very Happy Very Happy
Hehe, it would be fun. The main difficulties would be twofold. One, a 3D rendering engine is (needless to say) very CPU-intensive, and CALCnet2.2 sucks down a fair amount of CPU time when actively transceiving (and a small amount when idle). Second, Ben already has an interrupt to do things like accurate player movement independent of framerate, so that would have to be chained somehow.
Sorry to hear you had less time to work on it. I am glad it is still alive, though. Smile
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Sorry to hear you had less time to work on it. I am glad it is still alive, though. Smile
Indeed. I feel like Ben is not yet sure what he wants to do with it in terms of a production game, but it definitely has tons of promise for whatever he decides to make.
is this game in the ti84 plus ce nd is there any chance its done? Confused
rat_yt wrote:
is this game in the ti84 plus ce nd is there any chance its done? Confused
No, it's for the monochrome calculators - note that every screenshot in this thread is monochrome. Unfortunately re: future development, benryves has stated that the code got too unruly and the per-frame time budget too tight to complete in its current form, and he doesn't have the time to do the project justice.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 5 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours