...a quick topic to remind me about this project, and for feature requests here. Wink

So, an online Z80 assembler. Any feature requests? What assemblers do you want to see on here?

Remember, they must be Linux compatible. Windows or .NET CLI assemblers are allowed, but no GUI ones.
There used to be a website, many many moons ago, where you could upload a TI-83 (not plus) ASM source code file, it would compile it serverside using TASM, and then spit out the hex so you could type it out on your calculator. I used to have neither a computer to run an assembler on, nor a link cable or a computer to install TI-GraphLink on, so that was a great service to me. I would love to have a way to expand SourceCoder to have such features; I'd want a PHP assembler, which would be pretty trivial.
Wow I don't remember about that site. I know Cirrus Programming (which merged with UTI along with other sites in 2003) had a 8xp to HEX converter so people with no link cable could type the hex on their calc then compile with AsmComp(prgnNAME1,prgmNAME2), but then TI-Galaxy shutted down. Galandros made another one last year. He also planned the thing Alberthrocks wants to make, but then he went busier and busier and never got around making it. Sad
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Wow I don't remember about that site. I know Cirrus Programming (which merged with UTI along with other sites in 2003) had a 8xp to HEX converter so people with no link cable could type the hex on their calc then compile with AsmComp(prgnNAME1,prgmNAME2), but then TI-Galaxy shutted down. Galandros made another one last year. He also planned the thing Alberthrocks wants to make, but then he went busier and busier and never got around making it. Sad
That Cirrus Programming thing that you're talking about could indeed be what I'm thinking of. Smile I think you mean .83p to HEX, because I distinctly know I was dealing with my favorite old (and first) TI-83 with its Send(9prgm syntax. A lot of people have suggested ASM compilation for SourceCoder over the years, but I've often found arguments against it.
Oh, I don't remember anymore. Since it was a long while ago, it might have done 83p too. I know it worked with 8xp as well, though.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Oh, I don't remember anymore. Since it was a long while ago, it might have done 83p too. I know it worked with 8xp as well, though.
Ah, fair enough. I'd guess that it probably did both, then. I'll have to see if it's something that ends up being worth my time here.
I'm putting ZDS-style compilation on the list, it would be quite nice.
SirCmpwn wrote:
I'm putting ZDS-style compilation on the list, it would be quite nice.
Can you be more specific about the parameters? Do you mean the macro support?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours