Stupid Novice Of The Year Nominees - which deserves this antihonor the most?
Sean Charboneau
 0%  [ 0 ]
Robert Lamermayer
 10%  [ 1 ]
Johan Rydh
 0%  [ 0 ]
Cody Moats
 10%  [ 1 ]
Sam Hund
 0%  [ 0 ]
Peter Cheng
 0%  [ 0 ]
Michael Marley
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sweet Awsome
 40%  [ 4 ]
Max B.
 0%  [ 0 ]
Josh Frisby
 40%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10

Mapar007 wrote:
New Programs This Week:

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/422/42202.html
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/421/42195.html

The ticalc.org archivers are not very severe, apparently....
The second one can't be more complex than:

Code:
DelvarXDelvar TWhile T<1000
While T<1000 and getKey
T+1->T:X+1->X:End
T+1->T:End:X

It wouldn't keep absolutely perfect time, but it saves a lot of control logic.

Code:
:0
:For(T,0,e3
:Ans+not(not(getKey
:End
:Ans
Razz
Nicely done, Calc84Maniac. Smile
*bump*

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/424/42482.html
This program solves the equation V=I*R. Enough said.
KermMartian wrote:
*bump*

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/424/42482.html
This program solves the equation V=I*R. Enough said.

...the sad part is that it takes up 660 bytes Confused
Rhett Langseth is an epic, epic tool who has jumped onto the top authors of the week list after a few weeks as an author by blatantly abusing the archives system, bumping his games (all misnamed after popular non-calc games) to the top of the frontpage daily. Nikky and Tev are apparently looking into it. I checked out his Mario game just to make sure I'm right about his ploys disguising a lack of substance, and I was right.

Code:
I gave this game a try after admittedly having serious misgivings, and I'm disappointed to say I was correct in my hesitation.  The screenshots are very misleading; the game is slower than molasses on a TI-84+SE, and while the gameplay mechanics are certainly solid enough, it's not an original idea or a particularly good implementation.  Other than the painful slowness, my biggest complaint is that every time you die (which you will often, because the controls feel sluggish and awkward), you have to press ENTER to the "You Lose" message, wait for the main menu to render (slowly), scroll down to the map you were playing, press ENTER, and wait for the level to slowly render.  A much better solution would have been to return the player to the starting position in the map without leaving it, erasing and redrawing it, or going anywhere near the main menu.

Anyway, on to the quantitative metrics:
Gameplay: 5/10 You move left and right, and you jump.  Much to my confusion, jumping causes the dot that is your character to both jump and move sideways, which killed me several times.  I eventually gave up.

Graphics: 6/10 The main menu is nice, the levels are functional enough, nothing amazing.

Speed: 3/10 Painful.

Replayability & Originality: 2/10 Once you beat one of the eight maps, there's nothing particularly fun about returning to it at any point.  If you have the patience to play through all eight, I can't imagine anyone not promptly deleting this program to free up the 6KB of RAM and 4 Pic variables it occupies.

Overall: 17/40
I thought he was already discussed on #ti about his behavior and they were going to do something about it then.

Maybe they could replace his screenshots with REAL screenshots, just to show what they are like.. :p
tifreak8x wrote:
I thought he was already discussed on #ti about his behavior and they were going to do something about it then.

Maybe they could replace his screenshots with REAL screenshots, just to show what they are like.. :p
I thought so too, except that I've heard nothing from nikky or tev since then. Smile I trust they're on it.
As I have not participated in this topic and have not read everything, just some things, I don't know if this person has been nominated yet.

So, I nominate Sweet Awesome.

If this person has already been nominated I nominate Sweet Awesome for a double nomination.
Who's Sweet Awesome? Link to ticalc.org profile?

EDIT: Nevermind, it's listed in the poll, my bad. I still don't know who most of those people are, though, but again this topic was mainly active while I wasn't active much on Cemetech.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 25 of 25
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours