Stupid Novice Of The Year Nominees - which deserves this antihonor the most?
Sean Charboneau
 0%  [ 0 ]
Robert Lamermayer
 10%  [ 1 ]
Johan Rydh
 0%  [ 0 ]
Cody Moats
 10%  [ 1 ]
Sam Hund
 0%  [ 0 ]
Peter Cheng
 0%  [ 0 ]
Michael Marley
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sweet Awsome
 40%  [ 4 ]
Max B.
 0%  [ 0 ]
Josh Frisby
 40%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10

Good point. SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
Sting::Ray wrote:
Yeah, Kerm, how exactly is someone supposed to be on-topic in this thread? 0x5
Erm, by discussing stupid n00bs, as the title suggests? Razz
Sweet, I found a new contender for a SNOTY!

Title: GANG FIGHT!!!!!!!!!! tacos
Description: a simple kind of fast paced game (depending on how fast u are in menus since its mostly menu based) where you get in gunfights (no graphics sry) and get points and cash to buy better guns and heal yourself w00t cuz dying sux yea theres no need for saving since the game is usually over quickly if u suck or if u dont suck since its pretty fast anyway. fun way to kill sum time roflcopter

Really? "Kill sum time roflcopter"? That's the way I would mock a n00b using hyperbole; it's hard to believe someone would actually type that way.
How do you have a gun fight with no graphics?
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
How do you have a gun fight with no graphics?

"You shot at him, and you missed"
"He shot at you, and he missed"
"You shot at him, and you missed"
"He shot at you and hit you"
"You lose"
I must say, that one is certainly reminiscent of the bad old days. Perhaps idiocy in the calc world is cyclical, though I hope never to have to test that hypothesis.
Kuro wrote:
I must say, that one is certainly reminiscent of the bad old days. Perhaps idiocy in the calc world is cyclical, though I hope never to have to test that hypothesis.
I think it's always lurking below the surface somewhere, but hopefully more often than not the excellent outweighs and outshines the horribleness in the community, as in anything.

Edit: Also great to see you again, Kuro; I hope you stick around for a while.
Perhaps, then, the only appropriate response to such inanity is to (point, laugh, and) write better programs. I am turning my calc on now.

Since the last time I was here I have done a lot of programming and won a TI-89, so I very well might do so.
*slow clap* Bravo, Bravo that's top notch.
Kuro wrote:
Perhaps, then, the only appropriate response to such inanity is to (point, laugh, and) write better programs. I am turning my calc on now.

Since the last time I was here I have done a lot of programming and won a TI-89, so I very well might do so.
Awesome! Might I ask in what venue you managed to win the calculator? Also, nice to see you again, noah. It's been quite some time since you were around, as well.
I won it in a raffle that my school's math club put on. Not exactly spectacular, but good enough for me. I've had lots of fun with the CAS and symbolic equation capabilities already.
wow, I'm looking at that JGames Forums...it's still up and running...wow
Eeems wrote:
wow, I'm looking at that JGames Forums...it's still up and running...wow
Just wow. I can't believe that that much lack of intelligence hasn't created a black hole that sucks in all its members and itself, thus self-sealing. Amazing.
I know exactly what you mean...and hey...they have moved to C++ and C# now...
http://s13.zetaboards.com/JDonalds_Forums/topic/6575255/1/
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
The thing that strikes me the most there is how in the world this JGames character managed to accumulate a whole 5,550 posts, almost as much as Ultimate Dev'r himself. O_O
KermMartian wrote:
Just wow. I can't believe that that much lack of intelligence hasn't created a black hole that sucks in all its members and itself, thus self-sealing. Amazing.

Neither can I. I would have expected that such a black hole would quickly evaporate and disappear due to Squawking radiation, but so much for that. Perhaps it is time to update the poll?
Perhaps it is, or perhaps it's time to start a 2009 SNOTY topic and poll. I'll look on ticalc.org for some new candidates; any other takers?
I will assist in the candidate search as I am able.
Kuro wrote:
I will assist in the candidate search as I am able.
Haha, sounds good. Look for excessive repetition of punctuation as a preliminary indicator of probable failitude.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 23 of 25
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours