In case you aren't a fan of Cemetech on Facebook, don't follow @Cemetech on Twitter, and haven't attended any of the weekly Have Calc, Will Program seminars over the last four weeks, you probably don't know what's new and exciting with Cemetech. As far as site upgrades, I have recently added a new This Week's Posts link to the existing New Posts page as a tip of the hat to the many users (including myself) who have been frustrated with their new posts list getting lost and not knowing what topics have been recently active. I also optimized and consolidated section of the Private Messaging (PM) system, so that all PMs sent via SAX and issued as notifications of Cemetech archives submissions' acceptances or rejections will arrive safely and reliably at their destinations. On the statistics front, Cemetech has raced past 1,500 users, 125,000 posts, and 8.3 million topic views, and is rapidly closing on 5,000 topics and 5 million words posted. We look forward to a maintenance of this increased activity as Cemetech members continue to make small strides on their projects and undertakings despite school and work.

An unfortunate confluence of unavoidable downtimes means that many Cemetech services will be unavailable early Sunday morning, Eastern Daylight Time. Due to hosting network upgrades, the main Cemetech website and subdomains will be down from midnight until 2am on Sunday; the IRC channel, #cemetech on irc.efnet.net, will continue to function. Also, due to another building bringing its Cogen plant online, the Cemetech UT server, the Saxjax IRC service, and Simms AI will be offline from 6am to 11am on Sunday. All services should be properly up and restored by noon on Sunday. I've also been repeatedly delayed in releasing Doors CS 7.1 beta 1 due to lack of free time to code, document, and test the changes, so I encourage you to post up any bugs you have encountered in Doors CS 7.0.1 to give me some incentive towards trying to make more progress on Doors CS.
haha, good stuff Kerm. I noticed the PM changes when I was able to open all of my SAX pms successfully (I am very serious, some would not open)

on the darker side, oh noes, I dont think I will make it through the downtime. I am assuming the downtime will eventually end with a faster cemetech?
qazz42 wrote:
haha, good stuff Kerm. I noticed the PM changes when I was able to open all of my SAX pms successfully (I am very serious, some would not open)

on the darker side, oh noes, I dont think I will make it through the downtime. I am assuming the downtime will eventually end with a faster cemetech?
I know you're serious, that's what I instituted a fix. I've been aware of that problem for quite some time. Smile I think you'll live through the two-hour downtime despite your doubts. It should end with a lower-latency Cemetech, at least. Smile
HCWP FTWWWWWWWW
Raylin wrote:
HCWP FTWWWWWWWW
Thanks for that nearly-unconstructive post, Raylin. Laughing With any luck I'll have enough free time to give a short lecture about -N-P--C-o-m-p-l-e-t-e-n-e-s-s- basics of z80 assembly this coming Wednesday,.
hehe, I know you know that I was serious, the phrasing of my sentence looked non-serious to me and I could not think of a way to rephrase it. Anyways, good stuff now that I can receive and open emails 1006% of the time.

and awww, crap, UT server will be down? Better find the ol china server XD
qazz42 wrote:

and awww, crap, UT server will be down? Better find the ol china server XD


Yes, the ol' laggy server hosted in China. We go there because it is super-customizable, we can set the max players, bots, and more.

Downtime is a good thing, it means there is progress. As for Doors, I haven't encountered a bug to date with it! Good luck finding some.
Keep in mind that the downtime will be 6am to 11am Sunday; I doubt a lot of you are even conscious for most of that time slot, let alone up for playing UT. Very Happy xXEpicFail, thanks, cheers.
hehe, I probably will, oh well, I guess I won't die from 5 hours without cemetech XD

I now give Kerm {2} bananas for a good job on a soon to be bugless DCS
Cheers Qazz.

So, because there's a flood on the same floor where the Simms* machines are, SaxJax, Melisma, and the UT server (among other things that I care about and you guys don't) are now offline until at least noon tomorrow.
KermMartian wrote:
Cheers Qazz.

So, because there's a flood on the same floor where the Simms* machines are, SaxJax, Melisma, and the UT server (among other things that I care about and you guys don't) are now offline until at least noon tomorrow.


Hmm, could you please explain what you mean? I dont know which flood, what floor and how they relate to SAX and UT. (sorry, bad habit where I need to know everything Razz)
I care about all of it!
qazz42 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Cheers Qazz.

So, because there's a flood on the same floor where the Simms* machines are, SaxJax, Melisma, and the UT server (among other things that I care about and you guys don't) are now offline until at least noon tomorrow.


Hmm, could you please explain what you mean? I dont know which flood, what floor and how they relate to SAX and UT. (sorry, bad habit where I need to know everything Razz)
Well, if you read my post again that you quoted, it pretty much explains everything. Simms, SaxJax, and some other Cemetech services are hosted in servers. Those servers need network and power connections. Therefore, they are in a physical location. That location had scattered showers today, indoors. I shut down all the machines prematurely to prevent them from damage in case they were dripped upon while powered up.
ah, Ok, I see, I was thinking that you have the machines in yout office and there was flood of people on the same floor of your office >.">

/me attempt to hide his shame
qazz42 wrote:
ah, Ok, I see, I was thinking that you have the machines in yout office and there was flood of people on the same floor of your office >.">

/me attempt to hide his shame
You thought flood of people, Mufinator and others on IRC thought I meant flood of spam chat, so it must have been my fault for not specifying flood of water. Also, I tried that China UT server with xXEpicxXXxFailXx and was very disappointed in the latency, which I guess is to be expected for playing on a server half a world away.
KermMartian wrote:

That location had scattered showers today, indoors. I shut down all the machines prematurely to prevent them from damage in case they were dripped upon while powered up.


Scattered showers indoors?
souvik1997 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

That location had scattered showers today, indoors. I shut down all the machines prematurely to prevent them from damage in case they were dripped upon while powered up.


Scattered showers indoors?
Leaky pipes indoors because of a new and very poorly constructed building. It's looking like the machines will actually be offline possibly past noon tomorrow, even into the week. Sad
hehe, it is 10 over here and everything seems to be going great for now Smile now to wait and see what happens at noon (heh, perhaps there wont even be downtime Razz)
qazz42 wrote:
hehe, it is 10 over here and everything seems to be going great for now Smile now to wait and see what happens at noon (heh, perhaps there wont even be downtime Razz)
Indeed, all seems well on the website side. When I awoke my SAX logs showed that at 2:57am, at least, the website was back online, so there was at most three hours of downtime, and probably much less. We shall indeed see what happens with my remaining servers.
search_id=weekposts == WIN

I wanted this for so long. Should be greatly useful to quickly find topics I missed that had new posts recently. This might also increase activity a bit, since fewer topics will be missed. Smile

Also I'm glad activity around here is still remaining up. Hopefully this last for a while. I also can't wait for Doors CS 7.1 beta. Smile
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement