Pieman7373 wrote:
... they also took away my 84+SE, so i am left with only my 84+CSE for company. Crying

Could be worse: could be the other way round!
I have been having bad luck because ever since I found a ti-84 se last week thursday, my workshop teacher emailed my dad saying I had my calculator out in class too much(step mom and dad knows about the ti-84 cse but not the ti-84 se), next day my ti-84 cse gets stolen sometime between 11:00 a.m. and 12:55 p.m.(but I have a hunch as to who took it)and when I get home I tell my dad my ti-84 cse got stolen but doesn't believe me, my step mother takes my ipod and demands I hand over my ti-84 cse that I don't have and takes all my stuff away(except the ti-84 se that I hid behind a wall panel in my closet that exposes some plumbing to the bathtub next door to my room). So the plan:
1. Get ti-84 cse back and give it to my parents in exchange for all of my stuff back.
2. Keep ti-84 se a secret from my teachers for the rest of the year.(somehow...)
3. Uhhhmmm, keep living normally till I graduate(hmm... this plan seemed more elaborate and interesting in my head... oh well.)
so that's it I guess; and I got my chromebook taken away for the rest of the year a couple weeks ago but oh well it sucked anyway. So yeah I guess that's it.
Well...... I've finally gone too far.

On 2/09/16, I got my brother a Nintendo DS Lite, so he could play with me and play Madden. When my dad found out, he said:"That's it. You have two weeks and you're out of the house.".

So yeah.......

In two weeks, I will have:

1. No insurance
    2. No home
    3. No medication(ouch)
    4.Lost most of my stuff, because I can't cart it all around.

Sad
Check out http://Reddit.com/r/PersonalFinance -- There are posts about this semi-regularly, a quick search should yield something. I can find some posts when I'm off mobile or have time.

I don't think there are posts where the OP has 2 weeks to vacate but these posts exist. Also, if you have an iPod or something there are couch surfing apps. I wouldn't really *trust* most people but hey, if you're in a pinch.
Life sucks because of my evil physics (phySICKs) professor !
I'm likely in one of my funks but:

I feel as if I've thrown my life away. That I haven't amounted to anything. I've got some big changes coming up in my life in the next 2 years, I plan to buy a house. My life should be great, I'm getting on my own feet and becoming independent. Ya know. But I'm scared. For the past 18 or so years my life has been this 11'x11' room. While it may be a mess I can't convince myself I'll treat the house any differently. My only claw to sanity is that with more room will come better organization: I won't have my office, my bedroom and, my living room within the same 4 walls. I'll be able to spread out and and be cleaner because I'll have the room to organize.

But it's not just my room. It's my personal life that's getting at me as well. I'm making this move by myself. I have no significant other. If I move somewhere I'll be alone. I won't say I'm anti-social but I'm certainly not out going. I don't drink, I don't party and, I'm in bed by 9pm on most nights. To me, a wonderful night is playing a board game with a few friends. Just enough to where we can all engage in the same conversation. If I move I'm going to be throwing all that away because I can't afford to live where I do now - I'm 26 and live with my parents. On a note, it's kind of accepted as most of my other friends do as well since the COL is insane.

When I was younger, I wasn't about relationships. I didn't need someone to be happy, to feel complete. Now? While I still feel the same way regarding relationships I understand the importance and value they offer. I did ask about 4 lovely ladies out throughout and after high school but was rejected each time. Over the past few years I've grown in this regard, I've realized I seek a companion to do things with. I don't seek the romance or the intimacy, I seek to create lasting memories with someone. I look back at pictures I've taken and I see just how oblivious I was at times. Speaking platonically, I have dates upon dates of folders of pictures of a really great girl friend of mine. I didn't see the connection then but I do now and I feel like I've lost that deeper connection even though we hang out and see each other regularly -- She's moved on and I'm, well, catching up. Additionally, she's moving with her boyfriend and dad to her home state later this year.

I have a few friends across the US that I can see myself in a meaningful companionship with but I can't bring myself to do anything about it. I don't want a long distance relationship but I don't want to move out somewhere for something to not work and I lack the socialite personality to make friends. I'm not saying that if I move somewhere I won't have friends but I just can't transplant myself into my friends lives. I can't expect them to bring me in to their circle(s). I'm going to have to, organically, find groups to hang out with whether I move somewhere with friends or not.

I've got my dream and in two years I'll be able to achieve it. But, at what cost? I'll likely move to where I have no friends and no one to come home to. I'll be stuck doing what I am now, sulking in front of a computer because I don't want to go take photographs of the stars, the sun rise, the landscape by myself. I won't want to go on road trips to tour the best burgers and milkshakes within 100 miles by myself. I won't want to go to sports games by myself. There's so much for me to do at home like this weekend, the rain let up and the clouds were absolutely stunning.

A calming 40 minute drive into the mountains could have gotten me ~10 miles inland and a mile high for a gorgeous photo of the city. But no. I didn't want to do it alone. So I sat in front of my computer watching YouTube. I have games that I can play with friends, that I do play with friends. But none of them were available so I didn't play games because I didn't want to play by myself.

I'll accomplish my dream but I think it's a nightmare in disguise.
Life sucks because my parents only let me use my pc and tablet during the school year, so i have to improvise with a phone, calc and hacked gps...
Touching on this again. Sorry, it's long.

comicIDIOT wrote:
Speaking platonically, I have dates upon dates of folders of pictures of a really great girl friend of mine. I didn't see the connection then but I do now and I feel like I've lost that deeper connection even though we hang out and see each other regularly -- She's moved on and I'm, well, catching up. Additionally, she's moving with her boyfriend and dad to her home state later this year.

Recently, one of my great and amazing friends broke up with her boyfriend and we started hanging out a bit more. We met through one of my good friends years ago when they started dating. They broke up and I remained friends with her. I had thought about asking her out then but I wanted to keep my relationship with my friend as well and kept to the brocode. It wasn't long before he and I went our separate ways and she moved on. Oops.

When she and I recently started hanging out more, it wasn't out of the blue. We always tried to do stuff together when things worked out; it's not like I never saw her while she was in the relationship. I even become friends with her boyfriend and he & I went on hikes and other activities, I wasn't a sourpuss. She was, and she is, my best friend. It was this time in 2013 that I was coming home from my New York vacation (I thought I had shared more pictures? Maybe another topic?). She posted a status, tagging me in, stating that I come home tomorrow (the 26th), it had just popped up on my Facebook Memories today. I also believe she picked me up from the airport.

And recently, we had been doing more things together, staying over until midnight or later, going to the movies, etc. Overall talking and spending more time together. On one of the nights where we kept each other company until the midnight hours, I tried to pursue a relationship discussion but I mumbled, stumbled and, fumbled. It didn't make the night awkward but it certainly didn't clear any thing up. Over the next week I kept thinking about it.

Over the years I had gone back and forth about asking her out if the time were to arise again. She's incredibly family oriented, loves kids, passionate about her sports and, makes the time for all of that. There were times where I'd hit her up and ask if she wanted to do this or that and I'd get a reply that she's going to visit her baby niece or, there was a game that day (attended home games a majority of the time and always watched the away games on TV). I never really took her to be the outdoorsy, let's go on a 8 mile hike type of person. I would waver between accepting that we would never date because our life values were widely different.

I look at my parents. My dad is an outdoorsman, has the hobbies to match. My mom is about her family and loves to catch up with them whenever possible since all her siblings live in other states. I then envision myself and her as my parents. My parents can make it work? We should be able to as well. But my parents aren't without their flaws. Especially when it comes to vacations. My dad wants to vacation in historical areas and camp, drive along historical routes and, overall take in the scenery. My mom wants to stay in hotels and be close to her family (which none of them are located in any of the same states). They have these wildly different opinions on what to do and where to go on vacation. So on the other end, I don't want that to be us. I want to be with someone who would enjoy the same vacations and outings I do. That's why I have wavered so much.

During that week after I had mumbled, stumbled and, fumbled I got a bit more serious about it. I started looking into homes that I could afford - not now, but at the end of my savings stint - in my home town. To my surprise, there were some but mostly foreclosures. I started contemplating the what-ifs. I keep my friends, she remains close to her family and sports teams, etc etc. I don't want to deal with foreclosures but I would do it for her. It all came to a head on this past Saturday.

I decided that I couldn't go forward in life not knowing. I had written the text asking her out earlier in the day but refrained from sending it. "I don't want to send it while she's at work." "I don't want to send it while she's at the baseball game." "I don't want to send it while she's at the hockey game." It always felt like the wrong time. I ended up watching a scary movie and at some point figured "I'm scared to send this text and I'm scared by this movie." So I sent it. She got back to me later that night, not knowing how to respond. I replied back saying that I'd love to get to know her better -- I don't know her political views, or anything that's kinda vaguely important to a healthy relationship -- and hopefully we could find time between her busy schedule and my odd work/sleep schedule to explore the possibility of us. All of Sunday passed.

She uses my Amazon Prime account for stuff and I had ordered her some items she asked for, which were delivered Sunday. I texted her about the delivery in case she was at work or still asleep, it's something I do for every order that I place and deliver to her residence since she doesn't have the ability to get that notification from Amazon. I didn't think of it as a tension breaker. Later that night I got a reply. She politely let me down. We're still amazing friends and I wouldn't have had it any other way. I feel better knowing that I asked and have an answer. It'll make a few life choices easier going forward, even though I feel she'll still adamantly protest to me moving out of state. Razz

Deep down I'm a little sad. I feel like she was the only person who can keep me from moving away but I don't want to buy a house for a friendship. That's probably incredibly shallow of me to say but at the same time buying a house because of a relationship is likely very blind and short sided. I'm glad that I am able to pursue my dream of owning a bit of land in the country where I can watch the stars drift over me from my backyard.
Life sucks because of my stupid 250 mb data plan! I wish I had UNLIMITED mobile internet on my phone!
CalcMax wrote:
Life sucks because of my stupid 250 mb data plan! I wish I had UNLIMITED mobile internet on my phone!

Heh, I used to have a 200 MB data plan. Actually I had no data plan at all, which was pretty bad, until AT&T virtually forced me to have a data plan because my phone was a "smartphone" (it was a Windows Mobile from 2004, with a battery that literally dropped 10% for every text and 20% for every phone call Laughing). After I switched to a starter Android phone, I learned to cope with the 200 MB data plan. How? It's easy: just use the Internet sparingly, minimize background data, and monitor data usage. I used JuiceDefender and 3G Watchdog for this.

I later was upgraded to 1 GB and presently I share 16 GB with my family (but with rollover, it's basically 24 GB). I still use the Opera Max VPN just because my data cap is set to a humble 750 MB. It's just one less thing to worry about Very Happy

(Now, one thing I do dislike about my life is my poor time management. That darn Internet place...)
I'm on a 200 mb plan and have been for years... like 5 of them.. I do think it would be nice sometimes to just leave the data on and let messages and all the goodies roll in, but I've learnt to just wait till there is wifi available, there is some at school and of course at home, so I really only miss out during transit. Also a bit irrelevant to the previous posts but still relevant to the topic, I currently use a samsung galaxy SII, which is really starting to be a burden because of the horrible lag, anytime I want to send a text message or even just change songs, I have to take a minute to wait for my phone to become responsive, then slowly make my way through the menus to do whatever it is I want to do. In fact, when I'm home, it is faster to walk down to my pc, turn it on open up facebook and send a message than it is to do the same using the messenger app (and I'm not exaggerating here I actually do that sometimes). I know I know, fwp blah blah, I'm the first one to admit that this doesn't make my life suck and that there could be much worse things, besides, I'm on the verge of buying a new phone so I should really stop complaining.

EDIT: I've just refound this post and I'm quite surprised that I would complain about such a thing, but anyways, it has been a while, I've now got a new phone (that doesn't lag), and upgraded my plan to a 2Gb plan, which is enough to leave it on at all times and use it whenever. Good Idea
My life sucks because my father and I thought we could swap out the wheels from his 2001 Hyundai onto my 1984 Honda, but after a few days I realized something was wrong and took it in to be checked, and they pointed out they weren't exactly the same and I had ruined both my wheels and my lugs. And he had already sold the Hyundai with my wheels on it so I had to buy new ones and have them installed and have the lugs replaced, all $500, for something that could have been avoided by not doing anything. Plus I opened my car's stereo and poked around inside cause I was curious and apparently shorted it so now my car has no stereo. (Not much has changed in 4.5 years.)

Also, I still owe my parents $1600 for the car and I work minimum wage at a fast food chain that gives me erratic hours, and I get taxed a lot (bout a fifth of it), and my superiors told me of the positions at work, my job as fryer is the most expendable.
Life sucks like crap a **** because of my evil teachers at school (90% of them are equal to lucifer)...
I study a lot, but then they ačways give awfully hard zests that only a studygeek that studies all his time can get a decent grade on! I wish the teachers were at least mentally normal, but even that is a far cry...
CalcMax wrote:
Life sucks like crap a **** because of my evil teachers at school (90% of them are equal to lucifer)...
I study a lot, but then they ačways give awfully hard zests that only a studygeek that studies all his time can get a decent grade on! I wish the teachers were at least mentally normal, but even that is a far cry...

I think you are making life seem far worse than it actually is. Think about it, your ability to get on a forum on the Internet and post something shows that you are not an "ordinary" person with a "terrible" life. Are bad grades as bad as not having a roof under your head? Believe me, there are millions of people in the world who live even worse off than you. And the best part is that you can change how you respond to things! Many people inherited their blights from their parents due to imposed caste systems or systems that force them to be subordinate to others or act a certain way, or simply debt.

Why do you call your teachers evil? Maybe if you stopped thinking they were evil they would stop acting evil. Sometimes my teachers act as if they were "sadistic" or "soulless" but I get over it, and I talk to them as if they were real human beings, and I can them why two and two sometimes don't go together.
oldmud0 that is an excellent post. It is always good to remember that one can make things better for themselves and others.
I am sad... Sad
I got my TI 84 CSE taken by my dad cause i was playing games on it. I also had to quit track and field because i got ONE zero (Which I brought back to an A). PLUS I was learning Hybrid-Basic and Assembly with that calc, an that really delayed stuff. So who knows when I'll get it back...
Alex wrote:
I then envision myself and her as my parents. My parents can make it work? We should be able to as well. But my parents aren't without their flaws. Especially when it comes to vacations. My dad wants to vacation in historical areas and camp, drive along historical routes and, overall take in the scenery. My mom wants to stay in hotels and be close to her family (which none of them are located in any of the same states). They have these wildly different opinions on what to do and where to go on vacation. So on the other end, I don't want that to be us. I want to be with someone who would enjoy the same vacations and outings I do. That's why I have wavered so much.

you're never going to find a person who matches up with you completely, and it'd be boring if you did. the whole "opposites attract" thing is pretty true too. boyfriend and i are complete opposites in just about everything, but we make it work, with lots of fun results. the trick (as my cheesy korean romcoms say) is to adapt yourself to the person you're with. you can't change other people (unless you use creepy social manipulation maybe), and trying to will just make you both angry and frustrated. adapt yourself, and you can be comfy together no matter the situation.

Alex wrote:

I decided that I couldn't go forward in life not knowing. I had written the text asking her out earlier in the day but refrained from sending it. "I don't want to send it while she's at work." "I don't want to send it while she's at the baseball game." "I don't want to send it while she's at the hockey game." It always felt like the wrong time. I ended up watching a scary movie and at some point figured "I'm scared to send this text and I'm scared by this movie." So I sent it. She got back to me later that night, not knowing how to respond. I replied back saying that I'd love to get to know her better -- I don't know her political views, or anything that's kinda vaguely important to a healthy relationship -- and hopefully we could find time between her busy schedule and my odd work/sleep schedule to explore the possibility of us. All of Sunday passed.

a few things:

firstly, you shouldn't try to force a relationship if you don't "feel" one is immanent. when you really care about somebody, there's usually a point at which that becomes obvious to you, and it's usually obvious from how the person reacts to you whether that person cares about you the same way. basically, if it doesn't feel natural, don't push for it.

secondly, doing things like this over text is never a good idea. in situations where it might work out, the added distance makes it much less likely, and, in situations like yours, that disconnect means you will miss critical response information and could do a lot of damage to your existing relationship by continuing to talk about stuff, which can feel "pushy" from the other end.

thirdly, not being scared and "just doin' it" is definitely a good thing. this person is a close friend, so it's normal to want to know things / share things / etc. just go ahead and ask ^_^ (i know it's over, but for future reference, i mean). you can do it!

Alex wrote:

Deep down I'm a little sad. I feel like she was the only person who can keep me from moving away but I don't want to buy a house for a friendship. That's probably incredibly shallow of me to say but at the same time buying a house because of a relationship is likely very blind and short sided. I'm glad that I am able to pursue my dream of owning a bit of land in the country where I can watch the stars drift over me from my backyard.

no reason to be embarrassed over "followin' yer dreams". if it makes you feel a little more in control of your life, then get out there and do it!
Hello, I'm Asperger syndrome, and I'm all time in my extremly little bedrom (7m²) which hasn't a window to the street and is a total mess.
My classmates don't undrestand me, and think that I'm crazy for programming calculators.

In Spain everybody on highschool and college has the Casio fx-82-MS, and if you have a better calculator, specially if it is a graphing calculator you are a nerd, (in USA this don't occurs).

Almost anybody has seen a graphing or programmable calculator on his lifes, they think that they are designed for PhD engineers, and if you bring one to class they will think bad about you.

Also they are banned on official tests, so in the second hand market, Texas instruments calculators are cheap. I've found my TI-84+SE for 25€ in Cash Converters. In the other hand, new are very expensive.

If they find you on a test with a TI-84+ or a Casio fx-9750GII they will break the test and put you a cero.

Anyway, most of teachers haven't seen a programmable calculator in his lifes, so if I bring the Casio fx-4800P (is very small) they won't become aware.
In one Mathematical Analysis test, I brought the classic Casio fx-9750G and the teacher didn't become aware (because it has the same colour than the Casio fx-82MS).

I'm all day sudying, programming calculators and playing videogames.

Edit: I'm very fat, my mass is 102Kg
So...

Good news: I have a PS3. Yay.

Bad news: The power button doesn't work. Hopefully, the controller turn-on method will work around that.

Other good news: I bought Skyrim!

More bad news: I have to have steam on a computer to play it, and I can't install it onto my flashdrive for some reason. Sad

More good news: I'm finally off of my medication.

EDIT: More bad news. It appears that the power circuit of the PS3 is damaged, rendering it unusable until I can get that circuit repaired. Mad Crying
I'm a terrible friend, because I've been meaning to address this post for over six months. Hopefully I'm not too late to inject a little positivity, and I can only hope things have started looking up a bit since you posted this.
Alex wrote:
I'm likely in one of my funks but:

I feel as if I've thrown my life away. That I haven't amounted to anything. I've got some big changes coming up in my life in the next 2 years, I plan to buy a house. My life should be great, I'm getting on my own feet and becoming independent. Ya know. But I'm scared. For the past 18 or so years my life has been this 11'x11' room. While it may be a mess I can't convince myself I'll treat the house any differently. [...] But it's not just my room. It's my personal life that's getting at me as well. I'm making this move by myself. I have no significant other. If I move somewhere I'll be alone. I won't say I'm anti-social but I'm certainly not out going. I don't drink, I don't party and, I'm in bed by 9pm on most nights. To me, a wonderful night is playing a board game with a few friends. Just enough to where we can all engage in the same conversation.
Speaking as an "adult" in at least the calendar sense of the word, and having few but reasonably good friendships, I think that's what being an adult is like in the end. People you can hang out with and play a good round of board games, enjoy a chat with, or occasionally go to a museum, a movie, or something else together. People put in varying amounts of effort, and it's common to not see friends for weeks or months at a time, but especially in this age of electronic communication, you don't really feel out of touch with your friends, I feel. On the other hand, the vast majority of my good friends from high school, college, and other parts of my life have moved far away, gotten married/in long term relationships, or both, and really aren't easy to reach or hang out with any more. I see them once or twice a year, and that's about it. The bottom line is that I don't know what the right answer is to make/keep new and/or meaningful friendships as an adult, other than keeping in touch with those you consider friends, and being willing to put yourself out there to meet new people.

Quote:
When I was younger, I wasn't about relationships. I didn't need someone to be happy, to feel complete. Now? While I still feel the same way regarding relationships I understand the importance and value they offer. I did ask about 4 lovely ladies out throughout and after high school but was rejected each time. [...] I have a few friends across the US that I can see myself in a meaningful companionship with but I can't bring myself to do anything about it. I don't want a long distance relationship but I don't want to move out somewhere for something to not work and I lack the socialite personality to make friends. I'm not saying that if I move somewhere I won't have friends but I just can't transplant myself into my friends lives. I can't expect them to bring me in to their circle(s). I'm going to have to, organically, find groups to hang out with whether I move somewhere with friends or not.
And that's exactly the thing to do (being personally much better at preaching than practicing this particular gem): find groups or meetups or places that have people like you, go there to have a pleasant time, and if you meet people you keep in touch with, great. If not, then you did something that still made yourself happy. As far as relationships, that's a really complex conversation, and based on quite a few years my own gradually-deepening understanding of what makes relationships good, bad, successful, and unsuccessful, I heavily caution you to consider the dangers of both a relationship solely because (bluntly) you don't want to be alone, and a relationship solely because you are deeply in love with another, regardless of their feelings. Although not quite to either extreme, I've experienced points along that continuum, and neither is a good way to go. The best advice I can offer is to figure out what makes you happy for yourself, what hobbies make you love your time to yourself, and what job makes you love working. Only once you're happy with yourself for yourself can you truly then also be happy sharing yourself with another, should the right person come along. Again, better at practicing what I preach, but drawn from my own successes and failures and watching my friends around me, in real life and here on Cemetech.

Quote:
I'll accomplish my dream but I think it's a nightmare in disguise.
Keep us posted, and I hope you find what makes you truly happy about yourself.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 20 of 29
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours