KermMartian wrote:
Elfprince, what required class is that that you need to push back?

Machine Architecture Sad The upside is that I'm taking crypto next semester, but I'm bummed about not being in the same class as the kids I've been taking all my CS-related classes with for a year and a half.
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Elfprince, what required class is that that you need to push back?

Machine Architecture Sad The upside is that I'm taking crypto next semester, but I'm bummed about not being in the same class as the kids I've been taking all my CS-related classes with for a year and a half.
Understandably, I would be equally bummed. Sad What kind of Crypto class is it; sounds decently cool. With your z80 experience, you should own the Architecture class. Smile
z80 experience has already helped me out in machine org and O/S, so I don't doubt it. I'm not entirely sure what the cryptography course will focus on, but it's a special topics course taught by one of the most rigorous professors in the school, so it should be interesting.
Thats funny, I get to take a crypto class next semester as well.
As soon as I finish one of the worst weeks I have had in a while, I see "Friday" the glorious day where after school I can do whatever
But, no, life/fate/God/IDC who has to throw more crap at me
I just LOVE how life is always f**king around

now everyone is pissed at me because of my brother (IRL) and I have my perfect day ruined. To make matters worse, now I have a weekend of work ahead of me, so my week is work filled, my Friday was destroyed because my brother was fucking around with an xray thing and now I have stuff to do over the weekend. whoopty f**king do

at least in cemetech and other calc sites, I dont have these issues goddamnit, why can't fate just shove it up its a and give me ONE.. good.. friggen.. day. My rant is over now, the end. Thhank you for reading.

*whew*
qazz42 wrote:
As soon as I finish one of the worst weeks I have had in a while, I see "Friday" the glorious day where after school I can do whatever
But, no, life has to throw more crap at me
I just LOVE how life is always f**king around

now everyone is pissed at me because of my brother (IRL) and I have my perfect day ruined, whoopty f**king do
That sounds terrible, Qazz, I'm sorry to hear it. Sad I hope everyone stops being pissed off at you. I've long since gotten past the stage where I ever look forward to weekends, so I envy you considering Friday to be a good thing,.
heh, I wish I could go back to the days where weekends > fridays and I was able to push all homework until Sunday...
BTW, anyone, If you have been noticing a slight change in my personallity recently (i.e. me constantly asking Kerm if he were mad at me over something silly) then I blame the fact I have only had a few hours of sleep per day/ I am on 3 meds for a simple cough atm/ and I am really just trying to keep my cemetech life in order >.>

IRL is just too much, so I am just attempting to make ceme-life a lot less hectic. Just tell me when I get a little over zealous.
(hmm, perhaps coffee + medication is not a good thing but I need to coffee to stay awake in school, I don't want to fall asleep in science class again... I could get written up)

ah well, after this weekend, I should be both project and stress free. So life will return to normal I hope. I am just quite mad from all the effort leading to my Friday down the drain because of two sugar crazed little kids >.>
Just wait till you get to college and (if you're an EE, at least) you spend four continuous years being chronically sleep-deprived. Smile You'll long for the days when coffee is merely an option, not a vital part of your morning.
lately(say... the past four years or so. possibly coinciding with a certain event), i have lost the capacity to give a sh*t about working (in school or otherwise). this has led to the obvious grade plunge as well as a severe backup in my list of "things to do" (which is now about twenty feet long and includes everything from random things i've wondered about when google was not handy and haven't ever bothered looking up to college requirements which will determine what i end up doing with the rest of my life). also as a result of this, i have been isolated from the rest of my family as the "problem child" and have not had a meaningful conversation with any of them in that time (or maybe closer to "have lost the desire to," because before that my father was always the terrifying character that we had to briefly interact with in order to access our collections of books and other things to hide in). the people i hang around with probably arent conducive either(every one of them has been in to see a therapist on a regular basis[i still havent because my parents a. are miserly and b. refuse to admit there is anything out of the ordinary going on] and have been diagnosed with psychological disorders etc. the one being an emaciated, bisexual, druggy who is slowly killing himself due to a situation similar to my own, his ex-girlfriend(whom i dont even want to go in to here), a fellow who just found out he got 800's on the physics and mathematics SAT subject tests(not that the SAT means anything, as it is written for idiots), has a severe adversion to physical contact of any kind, is severely self-depricating, and who is both my best friend and someone i am very likely to run away from at the first possibility to avoid being constantly reminded of certain things(at the same time, there are things i dont think i could live without. por ejemplo: today, while we were sitting outside reading about boethius[if you dont know him, here is a summary: he said god exists outside of time and the universe and caused everything without causing evil because evil does not exist because it is something that god cannot do because he is perfect and he was the one who made everything and that everybody has freewill but god is the one who controls it] when some idiot dropped an icecream on the ground in direct sunlight and then walked away. i observed, for a while, the rate at which the icecream was melting by checking it at constant intervals and noticed[we were sitting outside for an hour] that the shadow off to one side was changing lengths at an accelerating rate. well duh, the sun[for my purposes, at least, in this situation] was orbiting, so the change in length would start at zero when the sun was at 90 degrees above and then accelerate ad infinitum as it began to set. then [inbetween cracks about schroedinger's "what is life" mentioning nemes/memes] he noticed what i was doing and the rest of the period was spent writing out equations defining the rate of change of the shadow).
for these reasons, among others, over this weekend i have to complete tens of college application essays(after figuring out where it is i am applying, that is), write another essay about boethius(see above), choose a book and read it and plan out how it will fit into my senior thesis paper(a measly 15 pages, but it somehow has to involve socrates[yes, the crazy homeless man who said everyone was wrong] and his fanboy, plato, as well as paradise lost[christian fanfiction] and something else from our terrible curriculum[yay, i get to choose my own torture!]. i came up with a title for this essay, as a side note, which fits absolutely perfectly: "No U!" ), teach myself a quarter's worth of chemistry that i ignored last quarter(not that we learned anything) and then take a test on it monday, learn how to dance(this is actually a plus, but will take time as i am learning the waltz, foxtrot, mambo, and others all with a male lead who is a foot shorter than i am. and yes, this is a school requirement), complete a quarter's worth of math assignments for the same reason as chemistry(although i taught myself the stuff last night because we had a test today, so that's done at least), and start teaching myself all this coding and wiring junk i told myself i would learn in preparation for college but will never actually start. oh, and this all has to be squeezed around 16 hours of work on the weekend as well as my defeatist attitude Laughing .
enough about me Rolling Eyes :

KeithJohansen wrote:
Not really a "why my life sucks" but more of a "why my life has been annoying lately":

Been working with LEGO Mindstorms NXT kits for Intro to Robotics for those who don't know. One of our lab assignments was making a robot that could avoid obstacles by using its ultrasonic sensor to detect things in front of it. Not that hard unless you're dealing with our inane obstacle course. The floor of the course is slanted and the obstacles are about half the height of a standard NXT robot. This is where the problem came in. If you placed the ultrasonic sensor low enough to detect the obstacles, the data would be skewed by sound waves pinging back off the floor. If you placed the sensor high enough to avoid that, you potentially miss the obstacles completely or get skewed data because the sound waves half ping off the obstacles and half fly off into oblivion.... Yeah, that was an annoying lab to "debug".

could you possible place the censors near the ground and then angle them upwards? it could potentially drastically reduce your ability to detect objects at greater distances, however.(also, keep in mind that i have no clue how the hardware you're using actually works Razz)

_player1537 wrote:
I'm pretty optimistic, but if I was to say what was sucking the most for me, it'd be not having enough ideas for things to do. For instance, I rarely ever have any ideas for things to program and even worse am I when it comes to drawing or photo-shopping. So for many days, I just kind of sit in front of the computer, trying to think of something to make, to hone my skills with, in any of those things. It also bugs me that I end up getting side tracked and go to bed at 12-2ish. I'll say to myself that I'm going to bed in 10 minutes, and then someone shows up with something for me to do, and I do that for a long time :/ (and yeah yeah, I know; I should just go straight to bed, not say I'm going to bed in 10 minutes.) Other than that, I've been ok Smile

just wait, things will pick up considerably(and yet you will still find yourself sitting in front of the computer doing absolutely nothing for hours on end from time to time... and inevitably gravitate back here). in all seriousness, it sounds a bit like a motivation issue. find something you're excited about and everything else will instantly become that much easier and more enjoyable!
maybe try going outside every once and a while(and no, i do not practice what i preach Rolling Eyes )

allynfolksjr wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
What's a CV joint?

It's where hipsters go to write their CV. Duh.

nikky, you never cease to make me laugh.
a link

EDIT: oh, and the constant ringing in my ears(which had disappeared temporarily for a couple of years) just cropped up again(as in 30 seconds ago). there is a silly story behind that. i was maybe five years old and sitting in a very tall stool behind a counter, leaning back, when i started to slip. i caught myself, but(because of the angle) was unable to pull myself back to a vertical position(insert crack about me being a nerdy five-year-old weakling here Cool ). thus prevented from saving myself, i called for assistance from anybody else who may have been in the house at the time, and, wouldn't you know it, nobody came. i ended up slowly losing my grip and then falling back directly onto my head. also, when i was born the umbilical cord was wrapped around my neck(apparently, i was trying to strangle myself) and it took a while for my face to change back from purple to a normal human shade.
._.

I can... sympathize with some of those things... but dang.

I don't think infants are capable of attempting to strangle themselves. It's just an unfortunate occurrence when the infant moves while in the womb....

As for the NXT, it was more or less the shape of our bot and the LEGO bricks that limited what all we could do with the sensor placement, hence the dilemma.
KeithJohansen wrote:
._.

I can... sympathize with some of those things... but dang.
Seriously, that's some pretty terrible stuff, shmibs. Sad I really hope life looks up soon, and perhaps you do indeed need to expand your friends circle a bit...

Quote:
I don't think infants are capable of attempting to strangle themselves. It's just an unfortunate occurrence when the infant moves while in the womb....

As for the NXT, it was more or less the shape of our bot and the LEGO bricks that limited what all we could do with the sensor placement, hence the dilemma.
Ah, that makes sense; hope you find a resolution without much trouble. Is there a way to correlate the results from multiple sensors?
KermMartian wrote:
Just wait till you get to college and (if you're an EE, at least) you spend four continuous years being chronically sleep-deprived. Smile You'll long for the days when coffee is merely an option, not a vital part of your morning.

heh, for the past week, it has been vital... I passed out in science >.">
KermMartian wrote:

Alternatively: physics and computer science double major at a school where you are also required to take "liberal studies" type courses.

Also, I spent 5 hours tonight helping CS 111 students understand arrays, return types, and bubble sort after 3 hours of debugging a 5-way message-passing assignment for O/S.
KermMartian wrote:
KeithJohansen wrote:
Ah, that makes sense; hope you find a resolution without much trouble. Is there a way to correlate the results from multiple sensors?

The NXT kit has only 1 of each kind of sensor except for tactile/touch sensors (of which there are 2). But anyway, that lab is over and done with. We're already up to the final lab, which we have 5 weeks to work on instead of typically half a week. It's a real doozy, that's for sure.
Why my life sucks...

Oh, wait, scratch that. My life is *AWESOME*. Sucks to be you guys.
Kllrnohj wrote:
Why my life sucks...

Oh, wait, scratch that. My life is *AWESOME*. Sucks to be you guys.
I'm Kllrnohj, I work for Google blah blah blah. GTFO n00b. Cool

So yeah, my life still sucks, mostly because I've spent the last 48 hours doing heavy-duty debugging on a Paxos implementation to make it pass a very (overly?) strict unit tester for my Distributed Systems class.
Generally i can say ++ to shmibs.I'm in the same way.I've never had any friend in school and am pretty much ignored by the whole family.i spend everyday in my room and have generally grown tired of doing the same thing everyday. my schedule is the same everyday; wake up, computer, sleep.It doesnt help much that i'm adhd so it's extremely difficult for me to finish anything, hence the 50 million incomplete projects i've started.I've spend 14 years of my life on meds to find out that they were killing me and had no benefit at all.i was born with extremely bad asthma.I have autism which resulted in years of abuse in school, so I slept all day just to escape it.My grades plummetted in in school and stayed around the D/F range.Teachers made me retake every test cause they thought i was cheating cause i made perfect scores on the test after sleeping through all the lessons.On the first day of highschool i was chokeslammed on the back of the bus for "sitting in someones seat" the school wouldnt release the bus security video to my parents either.In 3rd grade my teacher Ms.Andrews made a public example of me.I spend every day under a desk writing sentences, and if i didnt have 1000 by the end of the day she held me back.She mocked me in every way.After i had to have stitches from a punch to the face, I was removed from public school.My moms ex-husband was extremely abusive and one night after cracking my moms skull on a brick wall when i was 6 she told him she left her purse in the waffle house she worked at.He said he'd get it and the second he left, we darted through the streets to the nearby hotel which had a drive through check in.we asked to use the phone and he said no.a woman behind the counter happened to see us and helped by calling 911.We hid in the bushes until the police came and rode off in the police car that night where i fell asleep.i stil cant even remember where i woke up at.

my life sucks cause...

1.)my parents refused to let me get a drivers license, now im 18 and still dont know how to drive.

2.)I have adhd, bipolar, epilepsy, and autism.

3.)I'm put in over a hundred applications everywhere ever the past 4 years and still have never had a job

4.)I have NO college funding

5.)I never be able to pursue my dream of working for Nintendo

6.)Parents just divorced

7.)Dad's an alchoholic

8.)Brother i've never seen till 3 months ago just moved back up north Sad

9.)Brother i've never seen till 3 months ago just went to prison

10.)I have no plan for the future

11.)All my friends have moved away

12.)I've spent the last 4 years in home school

13.)Im entrirely broke

all i have left are brains.
back to you peoples...
damn Anakclusmos, if it makes you feel better, I'm 18 with no license and have been in home school for the last 2 years...
relation appreciated hi-thumb Good Idea
but no, dont really feel any better
3: have you tried Wal-mart? They love to whore out to people with disabilities to boost their PR.

4 isn't a problem anymore thanks to Obama's Student Loan reform. Now you can take out a loan straight from the government. Make minimum payments for 10 years and it's automatically forgiven.

5 seems rather dependent on 4, since with a college education you could potentially get hired as a low-level programmer, and work your way up from there. Experience in z80 programming could help with that resume.

6 & 7 are more common than you think in this day and age.

10 is up to you.

13 is dependent on 3.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 27, 28, 29  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 29
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours