http://sfgp.cemetech.net/legodragon_final.ms3d
Ok, when I leave "enable morph" unchecked and export, the player loads, but my run animation doesn't work. When I check it and export, the game crashes. Enable morph is enabled for my run animation. I'm gonna try toggling that, but beyond that I have no idea what to do.

EDIT- SUCCESS! for future reference, neither the root nor run animations should have morph enabled. Now I just need to figure out why it doesn't animate when walking, or does walking reference a separate animation? If so, that would actually be better for some of my long-term goals.
DShiznit wrote:
Ok, when I leave "enable morph" unchecked and export, the player loads, but my run animation doesn't work. When I check it and export, the game crashes. Enable morph is enabled for my run animation. I'm gonna try toggling that, but beyond that I have no idea what to do.

Ah, this is a good point. Morph animations are animations that transform the mesh without a skeleton. Don't try and export them for your skeletal animations!

DShiznit wrote:
Now I just need to figure out why it doesn't animate when walking, or does walking reference a separate animation? If so, that would actually be better for some of my long-term goals.

I believe a number of animation names are hardcoded into the engine, but I'm not a 100% on that.
I'll try adding the run animation to player.cs again as "walk" and see what happens.

Code:

PlayerData::ActionAnimationDef PlayerData::ActionAnimationList[NumTableActionAnims] =
{
   // *** WARNING ***
   // This array is indexed useing the enum values defined in player.h

// Root is the default animation
   { "root" },       // RootAnim,

// These are selected in the move state based on velocity
   { "run",  { 0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f } },       // RunForwardAnim,
   { "back", { 0.0f, -1.0f, 0.0f } },       // BackBackwardAnim
   { "side", { -1.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f } },       // SideLeftAnim,

// These are set explicitly based on player actions
   { "swimroot" },   
   { "swim" },
   { "crouchroot" },
   { "crouchforward" },
   { "crawlroot" },
   { "crawlforward" },

{ "fall" },       // FallAnim
   { "jump" },       // JumpAnim
   { "standjump" },  // StandJumpAnim
   { "land" },       // LandAnim
};
ooooooh swimming animations....
elfprince13 wrote:
http://sfgp.cemetech.net/legodragon_final.ms3d
Can I get this in .obj format?
I'm happy to let you use it (provided proper credit is given), but I'm curious why? And what do you need it for that you can't open it in the Blender of Milkshape and just export it to obj yourself? You'll also lose the animations in doing so.
Just want to make some animations. + Blender can't open .ms3d
If it's cool with you elf, I can export it in .obj format.
Jimmg wrote:

Yes, it can. I just checked. File->Import->Milkshape 3d
elfprince13 wrote:
Jimmg wrote:

Ah, I use Blender 2.5 silly me. I'll just port it over.
Jimmg wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
Jimmg wrote:

I can't think of any reasons not to upgrade, but I'm happy to export it for you if you don't want to.
I might have to give blender yet another shot...
elfprince13 wrote:
Jimmg wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
Jimmg wrote:

I can't think of any reasons not to upgrade, but I'm happy to export it for you if you don't want to.
2.5 is supposed to be the latest.
Eh, I got my GIMP and Blender version numbers mixed up, but technically speaking 2.54 is the latest. I'm running 2.49 and have the plugin available.
so it's experimental

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours