These are the couple of programs I've made - the reason I'm posting them is because I am hoping someone can take a look at them (they're really short) and tell me if there's anything I'm doing wrong/inefficiently. Thanks.

*EDIT*

Main Program

Code:
:ClrHome
:Menu("-MAIN MENU-","LENGTH",1,"AREA",2,"WEIGHT/VOLUME",3,"TEMPERATURE",4,"QUIT",5)
:
:Lbl 1
:prgmCONVθ002
:
:Lbl 2
:prgmCONVθ003
:

One of the sub programs

Code:
:ClrHome
:Menu("-MENU-","M2->FT2",1,"KM2->MI2",2,"FT2->M2",3,"MI2->KM2",4,"BACK",5)
:
:Lbl 1
:Prompt X
:Output(3,1,"FT2=")
:Output(5,1,10.76X)
:Goto 6
:
:Lbl 2
:Output(3,1,"MI2=")
:Output(5,1,.3861X)
:
:Lbl 3
:Output(3,1,"M2=")
:Output(5,1,.0929X)
:
:Lbl 4
:Output(3,1,"KM2=")
:Output(5,1,2.59X)
:
:Lbl 5
:prgmCONVθ001
:
:Lbl 6
:Output(8,1,"ENTER TO PROCEED")
:Pause
:prgmCONVθ001
Beta7 wrote:
These are the couple of programs I've made - the reason I'm posting them is because I am hoping someone can take a look at them (they're really short) and tell me if there's anything I'm doing wrong/inefficiently. Thanks.

http://cid-700304042c1196c0.office.live.com/self.aspx/.Public
A tip: it's easier for everyone if you simple post some sample source code in text form so we can stare at it and make suggestions and comments and optimizations. Luckily, I've made a handy tool for the purpose that's also an online IDE and editor:

http://sc.cemetech.net (SourceCoder 2.5)
Sorry, didn't feel like typing it all out, and didn't think to check for a program that wouldtake source code from a calc program. Sad
Beta7 wrote:
Sorry, didn't feel like typing it all out, and didn't think to check for a program that wouldtake source code from a calc program. Sad
No problem, most people wouldn't. Smile All you need to do is feed in a .8xp, and it will spit out phpBBCode already formatted properly for copying-and-pasting to here.
Beta7, I optimized your code a little for you. Note that this isn't the complete program, just an optimized version of your source code.

Code:
ClrHome
Disp "UNIT CONVERTER
Lbl ST
Pause
Clrhome
Menu("-MAIN MENU-","LENGTH",1,"AREA",2,"WEIGHT/VOLUME",3,"TEMPERATURE",4,"QUIT",RT
Lbl 2
Prompt X
Menu("-MENU-","M^2->FT^2",A1,"KM^2->MI^2",A2,"FT^2->M^2",A3,"MI^2->KM^2",A4,"BACK",ST
Lbl A1
Disp "FT^2=",10.76X
Goto ST
Lbl A2
Disp "MI^2=",.3861X
Goto ST
Lbl A3
Disp "M^2=",.0929X
Goto ST
Lbl A4
DIsp "KM^2=",.59X
Goto ST
Lbl 1
//Length
Lbl 3
//Weight/volume
Lbl 4
//Temperature
Goto ST
Lbl RT

Nice optimizations! I think I'd like that better with a DCS GUI menu, though. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours