I recently downloaded 3D-Analyze to get some games to run on my brother's computer, which has a gig of RAM, a 3 gig processor, and an older intel chipset that barely supports anything(hence, 3D Analyze). However, I'm completely lost as to how to use this program, and the tutorials aren't helping, so can someone help? The two programs I'm trying to run right now are Oblivion and Starcraft II. Oblivion, with some of the emulation options checked, gives me a blank white screen when I start a new game with the character customization options, and Starcraft II won't start at all no matter what I do.

Or is this a lost cause?
DShiznit wrote:
I recently downloaded 3D-Analyze to get some games to run on my brother's computer, which has a gig of RAM, a 3 gig processor, and an older intel chipset that barely supports anything(hence, 3D Analyze). However, I'm completely lost as to how to use this program, and the tutorials aren't helping, so can someone help? The two programs I'm trying to run right now are Oblivion and Starcraft II. Oblivion, with some of the emulation options checked, gives me a blank white screen when I start a new game with the character customization options, and Starcraft II won't start at all no matter what I do.

Or is this a lost cause?
That's frustrating to hear; if neither of the two below do the trick for you, I'm very tempted to declare it a lost cause:

http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/articles/3d_analyze_user_guide/?pid=2&lan=
http://www.tommti-systems.de/start.html
Oh well, I'm read up on settings I can mess with to run StarCraft II on my EeePC, so maybe I can get that working. I just need to know one thing, will using GMA booster to overclock my video card frequently run any risk of causing permanent damage?

Edit- I think I just answered my own question, SpeedFan is reporting that my GPU is on fire...
DShiznit wrote:
Edit- I think I just answered my own question, SpeedFan is reporting that my GPU is on fire...

What temperature?

3D Analyze is very old and seems to be for DX8. SC2 and Oblivion are far to demanding to emulate regardless, so your SOL on that one.
Kllrnohj wrote:
DShiznit wrote:

What temperature?
Seconded. Can you quantify on fire?

Quote:
3D Analyze is very old and seems to be for DX8. SC2 and Oblivion are far to demanding to emulate regardless, so your SOL on that one.
Did the great Kllrnohj just make two grammatical errors in the same sentence?! What's happening to the world? Sad "far too demanding"; "so you're SOL".
52C. I guess that's not too bad, though SpeedFan shows a little picture of a flame when it hits the 50 mark. Right now I have SC2 running on my EeePC at 5-6fps with settings tweaked and everything overclocked. Will doubling my 1 gig of RAM help with that? If I can even double that framerate I'll be satisfied with the result, given that this is a netbook...
DShiznit wrote:
52C. I guess that's not too bad, though SpeedFan shows a little picture of a flame when it hits the 50 mark. Right now I have SC2 running on my EeePC at 5-6fps with settings tweaked and everything overclocked. Will doubling my 1 gig of RAM help with that? If I can even double that framerate I'll be satisfied with the result, given that this is a netbook...

Psh, 52C is very comfortable, actually. Don't even give it a second thought until you hit 70C+

KermMartian wrote:
Did the great Kllrnohj just make two grammatical errors in the same sentence?! What's happening to the world? Sad "far too demanding"; "so you're SOL".

Kllrnohj now has less free time now that he's working at Google. Razz
See, now if I were you, I'd would be mocking the fact that it only takes ten seconds to proofread a post of that length. Wink Also seconded on those temperatures; 52C is nothing.
What about my framerate, will doubling my Ram help with that?
DShiznit wrote:
What about my framerate, will doubling my Ram help with that?
If you don't switch your graphics card, it's going to help almost not at all with graphics performance in my opinion.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours