I am sure that there are a lot of calculator programmers around here who were alone in their school who programmed games on those gaming machines, because most people are only interested in graphics. Because of that, it is not common for a calculator programmer to meet someone who is as dedicated as him in the TI community in real life.

Well, on Saturday October 2nd, I had the chance to meet someone from the TI community: Juju2143. We both went to a Quebec City event called La Marche Bleue where 70000 people gathered together to show that they want a National Hockey League back in their town and to see Quebec Nordiques player who played for the team in the '70s and '80s. While there and after the event we had the chance to talk for quite a while about... erm... calcs and the other typical geek stuff we usually talk about Razz. His mom and brother were there too so I talked a bit with them too.

That was pretty amazing and I hope we will be able to meet again in the future. In fact, it shouldn't not be that hard because we both live in the same city (although he lives 16 miles away in an area with barely any city buses).

Besides Juju2143 I only met one other TI community member in real-life. It was AaroneusTheGreat from TI-Freakware, back in July 2009, when he had a school trip in Montreal. He managed to stop in Quebec City for all weekend and I managed to meet him during night. Unfortunately, I worked the entire weekend so I only could see him for a few hours. I was surprised at that time, because my English was surprisingly good, despite not having spoken it for 5 years. He spoke quite a lot of French (and was quite good at it too)

I was wondering who here have met someone from the TI community in real life before? I think I recall Rivereye meeting Merthsoft and Kerm recently and I know some #TCPA and Ticalc.org staff met each others a few years ago, but I was wondering if anyone else got such experience before?
Umm...........

I met one, we actually knew the same guy... but I can't recall the name.... I was still on your forums and he sold me the 89t
Oh I remember that now. It was Trevmeister66. He went into the Navy afterward and he only returned for one or two month last Winter.
O_o lucky

tho, I hope juju's mom wasnt one of those moms who thinks everyone on the internet is a pedobear Wink that would have sucked a bit

anywho, on topic, sounds very fun, I wish to meet someone preferably xxepic or so.
So I met Rivereye in the spring of this year, when he was in NYC visiting, and Merth slept over at my house from his way to Ohio to Massachusetts. I just barely managed to fail to meet up with Tari and Jonimus/TheStorm when they were both in NYC a year or two ago. I've hoped to meet up with Elfprince, ComicIDIOT, TIFreak8x, and others in the future, but I have no definite plans.
Anyone ever got time and hangin' in Dallas area. Mayhaps we could meet up i dunno
I've meet Ox40 who was a regular on #tcpa for a while, and I of course have meet Tari since well he is the one who got me into programming and calcs in general.
I'm in Colorado Springs if anyone is around.
I've met up with Hikaru and Adamac15!

I live in upstate South Carolina, near Greenville, Spartenburg, and an hour south of Charlotte in the small town of Cowpens. If you remember history class, 2nd grade, you might remember the battle of Cowpens. Well, I live 10 minutes away from the site (walking). If anyone is ever around, I can most certainly meet up with you.
During the summer I goto Texas and Massachusetts for all you members around there Wink.

I know _player1537, Mufin, and zera live close enough to me that I could visit them one weekend. Graphmastur is just on the line that it is too far, though. One of these days we gotta have a cemetech party! Everybody goes to one place and we have a week of awesome.
during the summer I hope Smile (for that party)

I am in Long Island, nuff said
I've met with Duncan S, Andy J, Jason M, Magnus H, Spengo, and some others.
qazz42 wrote:

No you're not, you're in Queens. Razz At one time we planned a Cemetech/calculator conference slash convention in New York City, and I bet there are even still some topic about the Calculator Programming eXposition on Cemetech somewhere (yes, that's my web design Very Happy ).
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:

No you're not, you're in Queens. Razz At one time we planned a Cemetech/calculator conference slash convention in New York City, and I bet there are even still some topic about the Calculator Programming eXposition on Cemetech somewhere (yes, that's my web design Very Happy ).

I went to the page and Google Chrome translated it.
Here is the strange result:
Quote:
We doloret, if a master is girl friend, too, from the officiat
I have adventured to many a locale with Andy Janata and have adventured with Shaun to Andy's house even. So... that's 2? I have the feeling I have met more, but perhaps not. I lived within 30 miles of Ryhan for years with never meeting him, so there's that.
CDI wrote:
I have adventured to many a locale with Andy Janata and have adventured with Shaun to Andy's house even. So... that's 2? I have the feeling I have met more, but perhaps not. I lived within 30 miles of Ryhan for years with never meeting him, so there's that.
Ah yes, I was going to mention that as well. I only recently realized from Facebook that you and Shaun meet up in Ohio.

@Nikky: I need to bring Shaun and a few others and come visit all you Seattle people. Razz
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:

uhhh, no...

I USED to live in Queens, no I live in Long Island

If I said I lived in queens, it might of been earlier in my cemetech life when I didnt wanna give you my real location Wink
Ah, close enough. That's the problem with staying in the community as long as I have; now that I'm old enough to meet up with other members my own age without worrying that they're pedophiles, many of the people my own age aren't active in the community anymore except for the site heads and the ticalc.org staff.
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:

I went to the page and Google Chrome translated it.
Here is the strange result:
Quote:
We doloret, if a master is girl friend, too, from the officiat

1) Google cannot translate Latin well.
2) That's standard placeholder text.

On topic, I'll probably look into meeting you guys once I'm in college Smile
Calcdude, awesome, what general area of the country are you in? I gather that with a few exceptions we are mostly grouped on the east and west coassts.
I live near Sacramento, CA, if anyone else is nearby

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours